Fernie conditions 2014/15

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode hugry horse Doug strait south of Corbin 60 miles yesterday.. For comparison we had aroud 1.5 feet of fresh and a solid base underneath.. But over all snow is low compared to normal, hit a few stumps and still lots of bush shoepwing compared to normal, but overall good conditions, had two inches of new overnight

gas prices here now are 66 cents a liter and diesel is 74cents, compared to our crazy prices up there

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like you guys are expecting some snow in the next week or so. Here's hoping you get a good amount!

Jvl

Reaction score
Since there collecting trail fees at coal creek did the club get written agreement with the land owner yet?

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode coal creek for the first time Friday. Great area. Ran into the groomer coming in at the end of the day. The driver stopped us to ask about the trail conditions and proceeded to get ready to groom. I'm guessing the groomer is contracted as it was being hauled in on a truck and looked brand new. Definitely worth the trail fee to ride up a smooth trail.

turbodup

Reaction score
That trail was the best I have seen it and yes it was a contractor,stick with the contractor boys good job

Buster1

Reaction score
Heading to Fernie on January 15th for the first time and I was looking for recommendations on some riding areas? We ride Revy the majority of the time and any advice would be great!

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420484691.958963.jpg
Conditions should be excellent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riposte

Reaction score
conditions were awesome today, over the bumper all day with a few face shots thrown in!!! Big dump coming tonight and tomorrow during the day so it looks like the koots are finally good to go!!

riposte

Reaction score
damnit boys I think I jinxed it with that last post, we got a pile of freezing rain early this morning and theres about a 3/16 inch of crust on the snow. Some buds went up the ski hill today and they said it went pretty far up too. I'm getting pretty sick of this fernie weather, the last couple years have seen a lot of rain during the middle of winter when we should be getting our epic dumps. I'm not sure of the total area affected but its pretty bad in fernie. If it keeps doing this I think i'll start throwing out resumes a little farther north. Revy looks pretty damn nice and they seem to dodge a lot of this BS

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've received some pm's with people worried about the rain so I figured I would clarify, it wasn't much it just changed the snow a bit from last week. I have 2 more days off and I'm riding both so it's still good riding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom