Fernie, BC Conditions 2016

Reaction score
Website
www.elkvalleysnowshepherds.com
Snow at 2000m this morning! Leach Ridge has a good dusting but still looking a lot like fall at both the Wrangler's and Rolling Hills cabins. All we need is one good storm...
11220063_858059110982174_3332769226319392821_n.jpg
If you look close enough...winter is just around the corner from the Rolling Hills.
12049270_858059124315506_6312144629934049044_n.jpg
Powder paradise in waiting at the Wranglers Cabin.

poysatron

Reaction score
Cant come soon enough!! Hearing Quartz area is in for a good dump this week, hoping it heads SE before its done. Thanks for the update and pics, keep them coming!!

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its time to get my sleds going for the season on my next days off

jhard

Reaction score
Was looking forward to finding this thread. Looking for some guys to ride with at fernie this year.
Can't wait too ride!!!! Me and a few guys ride the fernie area quite abit as its the closest place for me and there is some good riding in the area I'm always looking for more people to ride with shoot a pm when your heading down in the area

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hoping to make it down there this year, a buddy of mine lives in Sparwood but the long drive from up here is a pain in the arse.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Has anyone taken a drive up anywhere yet. We used to hit the radio tower across from the ski hill around this time every year for some early season tuning back in the real mod days. I just came home from my cabin in the shuswaps late last night and snow line is definitely creeping down the mountain every day. With low above zero valley temps this snow is for sure here to stay!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm not a real fanatic about the "first road ride" but it always seems that we are the ones to break trail up to Koko Claims in Elkford. There is always snow in the yard and in town when we go. Nothing yet this year so we need a storm or two. Saying that, there is usually early snow in Alexander and from driving back and forth a few times, there is more snow in the Pass than the Elk Valley. Some other early areas around also and Matheson (Tin Shacks and/or microwave tower) is one. That road is an active logging road for now and maybe most of the winter.

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken a drive up anywhere yet. We used to hit the radio tower across from the ski hill around this time every year for some early season tuning back in the real mod days. I just came home from my cabin in the shuswaps late last night and snow line is definitely creeping down the mountain every day. With low above zero valley temps this snow is for sure here to stay!!

Waiting for one more snowfall then going to head out for a rip, looking like next saturday will be the first ride here in Fernie for me. Going to ride revy on wednesday though!! Stoked!!

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of a short rip on Wednesday.
Maybe starting around 11am.
Anybody want to join me?
No idea where to stage...
Coal creek, morrissey or...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm thinking of a short rip on Wednesday.
Maybe starting around 11am.
Anybody want to join me?
No idea where to stage...
Coal creek, morrissey or...

Wherever you go, stage at the snow line. Should be able to drive right up to it and unload. It is truck and deck season until the snow comes down quite a bit more.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie_snow is right we don't have the accumulations that revy and val. have right yet sow you need to have a short rig. I will let you know tonight on the depth. I'm betting its only around 75 cm.

Top Bottom