February 2013 Snow Conditions.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
He's aware people! He knows! Unfortunately when the temps are what they've been and there's a 100 plus going up they got to come back and there is nothing that can be done. A drop in temperature would dramatically improve trail conditions, but it's been another mild winter in McBride. And don't worry i've told him right to his face "Hotrod that trail (expletive) sucks!!"
and he replys "I know Higgins but there's nothing i can do! It's just too bloody warm and there's been 150 riders on it!!" But he puts his coat on and heads out for another long night on the Renshaw trail!! He cares what you think, he's always asking if anyones mentioning the trails on the forum and i tell him. Good or Bad!

All three of my kids rode the Renshaw trail (15 in our group) on Saturday and they where sore when they got back to the truck. Stopped 4 times on the way up and 6 on the way down. They wanted to know why the trail was so rough on the way down so I explained how warm weather, people hammering the throttle and lots of sleds compound the bumps. They just said oh, we better leave earlier next year like I wanted to. Strange how kids relate to common sense explanations but sometimes adults can't get it.
You bet they still liked the ride and want to go back! They love sleddin as much as their pops. You should have seen the whoops before the cabin and regular grooming was around, when it really was deep whoops!
Cousin's boy made it up and down on his 3500 single lung Citation with maybe 4" of suspension travel. I'm sure the big boys on their big sleds all survived.
If Renshaw wasn't such an AWESOME place people would quit going!!!

Quitcher bitchen and enjoy the awesomeness of the mountain!!!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Even better yet; just quit riding Renshaw!!!
I don't mind less traffic on the trail!
Can't believe the attitude some people got; access to one of the best riding areas in the region and we gotta find something to bitch about.Shame on us!!!
Thanks Hotrod for doing your best to make the trail rideable for all of us!

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode the trail Monday after it was groomed. 40+ sleds up and down. We close to the last ones up. And for sure the last ones down. It was like a highway. Awesome job on the grooming!!! It just takes one group of idiots to be racing up the trail burping the throttle to F it up. Buddy is probably one those guys. Lol. Never had a bad day of riding up there

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember the days of zero grooming and busting our hump up there on short track mid '80s phasers. We leave the truck and stop at 10km, then it's see ya at the cabin. I think it was in '96 that it was plowed all the way to the second cut block.

Thanks HotRod for all the hard work

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looked on weather forecast, suppose to be 5cm sat, 10-15 cm sun, 10cm mon, blue blazer tues. Damn I am sick on Tuesday, guess I have to stay home from work ;-) hahaha

driller

Reaction score
Hats off to the man in the groomer. very little thanks for the hours put in
a little education would go a long way to having a better trail and much faster grooming speedS
If the riders would just go a steady speed , go easy on the corners not jump on the brakes because of a small bridge the trail would stay smooth up and down save the throttle for the area past the cabin.
just some random thoughts

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
B.s.

Have u ever been behind a 2.5 plus track and watched the 3-4 inches of snow pile up every Woop.

I have. And the guy was steady on the gas.

I might take the one or two to start the woops but after every ones track does its part no matter what cha do with the gas

from my HTC

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up Belle today 8-12" of new, but 1/2 hr sun, 1 hour socked in, 10 min sun, 1 hour clouded in, you get the picture! Had fun made a day of it, especially with some guys sweating out a hangover!! LOL! And only 12 people total on the hill. Renshaw and Lucille groomed tonight! Higgins.

Attachments

• Renshaw Feb.26  2013.jpg
    Renshaw Feb.26 2013.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 486
Last edited:

Stefan Plouffe

Reaction score
Renshaw today! 8" new... snowing steady... Sun peeked out every hour or so rode into Ant after taking a shot at saddle but can't see. Found amazing powder all over had a great day! Trail out was really bad and long haul I don't think it has anything to do with how people ride. It's a physics thing.

What a great area though so much fun! When the sun popped out it was the bombsauce! HUGE powder and untouched areas all over... Good times

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not much a groomer op can do when Mother Nature won't play fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Cough cough,I am also starting to feel a little sick on Tuesday.
Just looked on weather forecast, suppose to be 5cm sat, 10-15 cm sun, 10cm mon, blue blazer tues. Damn I am sick on Tuesday, guess I have to stay home from work ;-) hahaha

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i picked up the real flu and cut my ride short, but the boys rode Renshaw today and hood deep! Still snowing lightly so still low light conditions, 2ft plus in the trees. Whoever gets the sun will be happy!! Back on the 10th for a week. Higgins.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were up renshaw and it was for sure 2.5 feet deep and in a couple of spots Rod and I found deeper. great day up top but snowing hard. vis was not good.
For those of you that like to use the avy shute to get to the Ant Hills, a word of WARNING that slope is snow loaded and I am worried about a slide. I refused to use it this past weekend and it would be advisable for the rest of our riders to do the same. Thanks

herb scharr

Reaction score
just a thankyou to those guys that stopped to help out on the ren shaw trail. got that broken shock back in line some what with that 1/4 in extesion and electrical tape. held till we got to the trucks. had an awesome time up there even if the sun didn't co-operate at times. thanks again.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
-5 this morning, no wind. The snow clouds are moving off and its going to be a bluebird day. Should be tons of snow up top. Firefly and his big group of Edmonton firefighters could not have picked a better week for their trip to McBride.

Last edited:
Top Bottom