February 2013 Snow Conditions.

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg
Looks like its going to be a beautiful day.
Pic is of the valley looking south towards dunster from town

c_nelson99

Reaction score
renshaw has good snow, prob got 8-10" overnight with a good bit of snow under it. Poke over the saddle and enjoy the powder there is lots there. If it wasn't for that brutal trail ride a guy could hit that place every weekend..

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great weekend in McBride, rode
Renshaw both days, good snow broke my a-arms pretty good though lol thanks to the group that lent me their ratchet strap to keep the ski up ( left it hanging on Ur trailer door ) & also Thanx to the guy who stopped & gave me a splash of fuel when I ran out at km 7 !!!!!

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
& also if any one found a orange front track shock for a pro on the renshaw trail on Sunday let me know it's my buddies ??

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw is groomed Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and sometime Sundays or Tuesday, Lucielle is done Saturdays and Wednesday, Belle once a week usually Monday. Heading up next weekend ourselves, hopefully the snow co-operates! Higgins.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got into Mcbride last night and was told that Renshaw was being groomed last night...My kidneys sure hope so!, I will post tonight and let you know what its like up top.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw trail was beat to hell all weekend, but the snow up top was worth every second of it. Well, except saturday morning when I snapped the rear shock mount clean off 3 miles up the trail. Big thanks to the guys at Spindrift for getting that welded up for Sunday!
Sunday we never ran out of fresh big powder climbing areas, and we chewed up a few of them. Renshaw hasn't let us down yet!

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow!!!!! Either your a rookie or just that ignorant. Did you not notice the amount of people that used the trail? Did you notice the temperature? Have you riden any other trails with 200 riders down them? Give your head a shake kid. My suggestion to you would be to get on the trail a little earlier in the morning and ride the smooth groomed carpet like I did before 100+ riders take their toll on it. Sheeessshhhh, Some people"s kids.:nono:
That's the worst ive seen the Renshaw trail in six years, do you guys ever put the blade down?? Or keep it up to save fuel? Wow i couldn't imagine how kids felt after that 30 k's

beaker

Reaction score
The trail was horrible , rode it Sunday.But i expected it to be like that when I showed up and the parking lot was full and it was 1 degree out.Was still a good time.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Renshaw yesterday, the Trail, and the snow on the back side of the saddle, Whineberger, and most places away from the cabin where great!...average speed going down the trial..50-60 MPH!!. Braappppp!

Leona Eyben

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I'm not so sure you are being totally fair to the groomer, the temperature has a big role in whether or not the trail sets up properly. El-Jay has worked extra hard for your family day weekend. I know the trail was very rough, I think some days we should be a little more thankful, instead of so negative, just saying thanks Leona

That's the worst ive seen the Renshaw trail in six years, do you guys ever put the blade down?? Or keep it up to save fuel? Wow i couldn't imagine how kids felt after that 30 k's

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Great 12th post.

You should head out to your local snowmobile club around Spruce Grove and get a membership. Then you can start volunteering and putting in hours setting up and maintaining trails in your area........maybe even get a chance to learn what grooming is all about and what it takes to provide nice groomed trails before coming on here ranting about something you obvioulsy know nothing about.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He's aware people! He knows! Unfortunately when the temps are what they've been and there's a 100 plus going up they got to come back and there is nothing that can be done. A drop in temperature would dramatically improve trail conditions, but it's been another mild winter in McBride. And don't worry i've told him right to his face "Hotrod that trail (expletive) sucks!!"
and he replys "I know Higgins but there's nothing i can do! It's just too bloody warm and there's been 150 riders on it!!" But he puts his coat on and heads out for another long night on the Renshaw trail!! He cares what you think, he's always asking if anyones mentioning the trails on the forum and i tell him. Good or Bad!

Last edited:

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you imagine if they didnt groom when it was warm. wow. Big thank you to the groomers.

When its warm it only takes a few sleds to start the woops and once they start, more sleds just make it worse. Keep up the good work guys taking care of our trails.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

All three of my kids rode the Renshaw trail (15 in our group) on Saturday and they where sore when they got back to the truck. Stopped 4 times on the way up and 6 on the way down. They wanted to know why the trail was so rough on the way down so I explained how warm weather, people hammering the throttle and lots of sleds compound the bumps. They just said oh, we better leave earlier next year like I wanted to. Strange how kids relate to common sense explanations but sometimes adults can't get it.
You bet they still liked the ride and want to go back! They love sleddin as much as their pops. You should have seen the whoops before the cabin and regular grooming was around, when it really was deep whoops!
Cousin's boy made it up and down on his 3500 single lung Citation with maybe 4" of suspension travel. I'm sure the big boys on their big sleds all survived.

Last edited:
Top Bottom