Favourite terrain to ride in

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Love stream crossings and back country, but my first love has always been and was dirt tracks and sand tracks. Too old for that now days though and my bones don't heal like they used to so a bit of fear has set in now. :)

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like to ride the untouched dunes! I also LOVE the muskegg, its always a soft landing and great fun to roost people :rolleyes:

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Less partial to thick sand unless its wet, but shallow sand trails that aren't wooped out are good. I like the soft/hard pack dirt with some skeggy stuff, treed areas, creek crossings, I dont even mind the odd challenging mud hole. I'm pretty much down for anything but I find that the dense sand tends to throw me off a lot, small bikes don't do well in it.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tight technical single track! bush wacking at its finest. love it.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sand is by far my favorite but i also love bush trails and cutlines with a bit of skeg

Attachments

• Manichew 007 resize.jpg
    Manichew 007 resize.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 40
  • Manichew 003 (Medium).jpg
    Manichew 003 (Medium).jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Manichew 011 (Medium).jpg
    Manichew 011 (Medium).jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Manichew 016 (Medium).jpg
    Manichew 016 (Medium).jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Steve's dune.jpg
    Steve's dune.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 0 001 (Medium).jpg
    0 001 (Medium).jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 56

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like off the beaten path stuff. Small, challenging single track to take you remote locations away from the rest of the people..

McleanAug8072.jpg

McleanAug8055.jpg

Waxy

Reaction score
I'm not picky. I love everything from tight single track to wide open fireroads/grid roads.

I can tell you what I don't like - boulder fields with those perfect head sized, sharp edged rocks, endless log crossings (especially when they're wet), and deep muddy muskeg with those bike sized craters nicely hidden.

There's nothing better though than a nice stretch of flowing single track with good loamy/sandy soil that's slightly wet for awesome traction and to keep the dust down...

Waxy

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the following order:

3. Sand. Can be a bunch of fun, but it gets old quick. Desert riding is different. Good desert mountain riding is wild! go to nevada and give it a try!

2. Motocross Tracks. I love a track with good flowing obsticles. A track that is NOT perfectly groomed. Bumps and ruts are part of the challenge.

1. Really nice loamy soil on a cool day(15 degrees???). Overcast skies, and just a sprinkle of rain. Riding inside a forrest under tall trees. Wide singletrack with elevation changes. Big hill climbs with rock, dirt, fallen leaves.... CHALLENGING!!!

Son of a...... NOW I WANNA GO RIDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the following order:

3. Sand. Can be a bunch of fun, but it gets old quick. Desert riding is different. Good desert mountain riding is wild! go to nevada and give it a try!

2. Motocross Tracks. I love a track with good flowing obsticles. A track that is NOT perfectly groomed. Bumps and ruts are part of the challenge.

1. Really nice loamy soil on a cool day(15 degrees???). Overcast skies, and just a sprinkle of rain. Riding inside a forrest under tall trees. Wide singletrack with elevation changes. Big hill climbs with rock, dirt, fallen leaves.... CHALLENGING!!!

Son of a...... NOW I WANNA GO RIDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

Johnny you would love where we went riding in Smoky Lake, nice shallow sandy/loamy dirt, trails tucked nicely into a forest, sometimes having to duck under branches and the occasional log or tree obstacle..a bit of muskeg, and then you travel down some gravel roads and hit up pit after pit of sand/gravel..so many pits.:d

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you go north of smokey lake to hope lake, chump lake and buck lake its some of the best riding with sand to dirt to skeg.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you go north of smokey lake to hope lake, chump lake and buck lake its some of the best riding with sand to dirt to skeg.

yes! "the chump N' buck" I rode that are last year on my buddies quad, it seems like a great place to ride!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't know that I have a favourite, I would pick tight woods riding in cooler temps after a rain. but I love to ride....anywhere....:beer:

pics086Medium.jpg

035Medium.jpg

pictures032.jpg

pictures069Small.jpg

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't know that I have a favourite, I would pick tight woods riding in cooler temps after a rain. but I love to ride....anywhere....:beer:

pictures069Small.jpg

Is this ductch creek heli look-out?

We rode up to that about 4 years ago.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha. Guess not =)

Talking about Elevation, out in Invermere you can get close to 10,000. That's pretty crazy.
I was getting a mean decel pop at 7000'....not sure how the X would handle 10,000' without some jetting changes.....lol

next ride will have EFI, then I'll be searching for some elevation.....:d:beer:

Last edited:
Top Bottom