Favorite Coronavirus supply purchase?

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
until the US dollar crashes. which could happen if they keep printing.

I'd rather have gold personally than US dollars

Gold is a good way to hoard your cash, but practically its usefulness as a liquid currency is limited.... if society degrades to the point that local currencies are worthless, who is going to accept gold for goods? The typical business or person has no ability to identify it, measure it or place a real value on it. If you had a huge diesel tank and someone wanted to trade for gold, how would you know if it's real and not fake? Do you have a scale? Most people wouldn't know a true gold maple leaf or krugerrand if they saw it. The tank of diesel is gonna be more useful to you than a bucket full of gold. A farmer that shows up and offers a cow or a truck full of wheat is a far better deal to you than a gold bar.
Should society come apart that badly, an M-14 with a thousand rounds will be far more valuable than its weight in gold.....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gold is a good way to hoard your cash, but practically its usefulness as a liquid currency is limited.... if society degrades to the point that local currencies are worthless, who is going to accept gold for goods? The typical business or person has no ability to identify it, measure it or place a real value on it. If you had a huge diesel tank and someone wanted to trade for gold, how would you know if it's real and not fake? Do you have a scale? Most people wouldn't know a true gold maple leaf or krugerrand if they saw it. The tank of diesel is gonna be more useful to you than a bucket full of gold. A farmer that shows up and offers a cow or a truck full of wheat is a far better deal to you than a gold bar.
Should society come apart that badly, an M-14 with a thousand rounds will be far more valuable than its weight in gold.....

yeah it's not a end of the world hedge. that's what the ammo and cattle are for.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the dollar crashing doesn't mean it will go to zero, could lose half its value, then it's a great time to own gold. I have more cash (in the bank)then gold so hoping the dollar doesn't crash. but is a possibility though.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only place I ever ran into that trade it are guns and ammo places, yeah I think the coins would be better for daily life, and bars for hoarding....hopefully it’s all a fantasy but things are really getting unhinged in other parts of the world right now

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wholly crap hardly any gold silver or platinum left at kitco. If are not getting the physical product ......DO NOT BUY IT !!!

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of learnings from Venezuela’s collapse, gold/silver is useless as people have me mentioned. Daily use items are better.
I have actual silver bullion, not paper stuff and if I did it again I would just buy paper silver so it’s easier to trade. That’s why I said actual gold/silver being stored at home is out of date in my opinion and hard to liquidate if you quickly want out.
Keep in mind even if gold sky rockets there could be huge spot discounts to sell...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only place I ever ran into that trade it are guns and ammo places, yeah I think the coins would be better for daily life, and bars for hoarding....hopefully it’s all a fantasy but things are really getting unhinged in other parts of the world right now

silver coins are good too because they are worth less. wouldn't want to trade a gold coin for tp.....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can sell all my gold in 24 hours. not as liquid as cash but more liquid than real estate for example.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
US government is desperately printing money as in the last few days as there is an extreme shortage. The dollar is remaining flat as much as they can.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can sell all my gold in 24 hours. not as liquid as cash but more liquid than real estate for example.

Paper can be liquidated in seconds... Alot can change in 24 hrs...

I get the concept of owning actual gold/silver, as I do own some, just don’t go down the rabbit hole of dumping a bunch like the “experts” say to do.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Paper can be liquidated in seconds... Alot can change in 24 hrs...

I get the concept of owning actual gold/silver, as I do own some, just don’t go down the rabbit hole of dumping a bunch like the “experts” say to do.

I make up my own mind on these things. pysical gold is a good thing to own imo. didn't say to make it 100% of you portfolio. ammo and cows. gold, and I got plenty of cash too........

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I make up my own mind on these things. pysical gold is a good thing to own imo. didn't say to make it 100% of you portfolio. ammo and cows. gold, and I got plenty of cash too........

Perfect! It’s real easy to get the Mike Maloney & Peter Schiff tin foil hat crowd as they feed on newcomers (I was one 5 years ago), take everything they say with a grain of salt.
Just checked silver is down 25% in the last week and gold down 10%. Crazy times, I’d consider this a good entry point to buy silver and wouldn’t touch gold still as needs another 15% correction.
My opinion is that there are better trades out there right now in the market, then sell later on to build up gold/silver bullion if needed. There’s no reason why silver can’t go single digits at some point, cash pays the bills in a struggling world.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's assuming the place you sell it to is open.... or has any cash on hand....and what then if he says he's only paying 70% of the spot price, take it or leave it.....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's assuming the place you sell it to is open.... or has any cash on hand....and what then if he says he's only paying 70% of the spot price, take it or leave it.....

I wouldn't sell. what if the markets close because the circuit breaker got tripped? you got fawk all. I have gold in a safe.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perfect! It’s real easy to get the Mike Maloney & Peter Schiff tin foil hat crowd as they feed on newcomers (I was one 5 years ago), take everything they say with a grain of salt.
Just checked silver is down 25% in the last week and gold down 10%. Crazy times, I’d consider this a good entry point to buy silver and wouldn’t touch gold still as needs another 15% correction.
My opinion is that there are better trades out there right now in the market, then sell later on to build up gold/silver bullion if needed. There’s no reason why silver can’t go single digits at some point, cash pays the bills in a struggling world.

Peter shiff is awesome. I don't agree with 50% of what he says, but the other 50% is gold :)

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can you sell gold future's on a saturday afternoon?

what about tesla stock.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$3000 cash limit withdrawal in USA!!!

*****sorry I can’t confirm this is true yet****

Last edited:
Top Bottom