Fast Cat Ferries 2

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes another fast cat ferry fiasco coming up. I sent an email to the minister of Transportation asking why they had to contract hybrid electric ferries from Romania when the facilities for electric charging don’t exist. The reply was blah blah blah , no companies on the west coast would bid blah blah , thank you very much .:BSmeter::BSmeter:

Last edited:

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree nothing like supporting the Vancouver ship yard and keeping it here in bc. Fkn NDP would sell out there own mother, pat themselves on the back and still be looking for a handout. These people really live in the clouds. Hope they get electrocuted plugging these things into the power source.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s just it—there isnt a power source but they are hopeful that they can power up with electrical when the facilities exist.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha ha yep that’s where I was going in my last post, don’t drop the electrical plug in the water trying to save the planet.

Bikeswithtrax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Round up a bunch of those drug addicts you see all over the Vancouver area, give them an oar, and they can row it around. That would give them something to do besides drugs, and stealing to support their addiction.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Round up a bunch of those drug addicts you see all over the Vancouver area, give them an oar, and they can row it around. That would give them something to do besides drugs, and stealing to support their addiction.
You will need to change the name of the ferrie to “rowing in circles”, Unless you treat them like rat and supply a needle full of speedballs as a reward. Ov course this is based on how fast they get to the island.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will need to change the name of the ferrie to “rowing in circles”, Unless you treat them like rat and supply a needle full of speedballs as a reward. Ov course this is based on how fast they get to the island.

You want **** done hire crackers....

I get them to split and stack my firewood every year. 15 cords split and stacked for a carton of smokes and whatever empty cans we have. Good deal in my books. Flipping school kids want 20 buck a hr.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the ferries aren't full electric, they are hybrid electric. My understanding is that they are actually LNG powered hybrids with being capable of being fully electric in the future when grids are able to connect. Really its actually probably a good thing.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the ferries aren't full electric, they are hybrid electric. My understanding is that they are actually LNG powered hybrids with being capable of being fully electric in the future when grids are able to connect. Really its actually probably a good thing.

It really no problem because they can stick a big-ass generator on the shore, powered from the new pipeline set to come through from Alberta.

Top Bottom