Farmer talk

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MSN story about travelling across Canada by train. A little something to get the blood pressure up for you oil silo farmers .I tried to find somewhere to scum the author but nothing available. 415BDD22-8969-4708-95C1-4433C882EAE4.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Marked fuel isn't affected by the Carbon Tax is it? Got my fuel exemption form filled out for my supplier last week. If you guys don't have one get on your supplier. Deadline is Dec 31/19

Sled denny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Marked fuel isn't affected by the Carbon Tax is it? Got my fuel exemption form filled out for my supplier last week. If you guys don't have one get on your supplier. Deadline is Dec 31/19
Do you need farm plates to buy marked fuel i am just wondering thanks

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok thank you very much have a great night

Work a crop share, buy some inputs. Have your renter sell grain in your name and charge you custom work. The difference between grain in your name and custom work you pay equals the cash rent.

Now you are a farmer. You need to report $20000 in gross income. Just be the fair, If your renter does this for you and he goes down in flames cause mother nature is a bitch share the problem with him.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Work a crop share, buy some inputs. Have your renter sell grain in your name and charge you custom work. The difference between grain in your name and custom work you pay equals the cash rent.

Now you are a farmer. You need to report $20000 in gross income. Just be the fair, If your renter does this for you and he goes down in flames cause mother nature is a bitch share the problem with him.

You’re far better off taking cash rent as opposed to doing cropshare and taking a split of 17bu/ac canola so you can get dyed fuel. At least in our area that has been in drought the past 3-4 years.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You’re far better off taking cash rent as opposed to doing cropshare and taking a split of 17bu/ac canola so you can get dyed fuel. At least in our area that has been in drought the past 3-4 years.

I said work a crop share, the deal Im talking about I don't do any splitting. It's a ****ed romance of numbers so the Landlord can hold onto farming status.

I hold 100% of the income after the same as renting it just comes to me in different forms other then grain sales.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I said work a crop share, the deal Im talking about I don't do any splitting. It's a ****ed romance of numbers so the Landlord can hold onto farming status.

I hold 100% of the income after the same as renting it just comes to me in different forms other then grain sales.
I got a retired neighbor who does cash rent and told me his accountant told him if you want to keep your farming status with cash rent you have to prove you are still a decision maker on the land so he is in charge of soil sampling. He pays that portion and organizes it and that is good enough his accountant told him? He doesn't own a lot of land so I doubt there is much expense incurred to him in this process?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a retired neighbor who does cash rent and told me his accountant told him if you want to keep your farming status with cash rent you have to prove you are still a decision maker on the land so he is in charge of soil sampling. He pays that portion and organizes it and that is good enough his accountant told him? He doesn't own a lot of land so I doubt there is much expense incurred to him in this process?

Thats what kinda goes on here, except the landlord shows expenses going out and income coming in. Im just the hired hand that owns all the equipment makes all the decisions and holds all the cards. At the end of this year when the landlords crop didn't get in out the field they wait just as I do. It gets income off my books and reduces expenses out sourced in the spring.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard a good one this year, landlord had asked if he could get a cardlock card from renter to keep using farm fuel, said he would drop rent to pay for it, so by years end he had to pay 1500$$ to the renter since his bill was more than the land rent..lol.. paid in cash

Top Bottom