False Creek Area Info Please

saqqara

Reaction score
Years ago I used to go quadding with a group out near False Creek every year.

It's been at least 4 or 5 years since I was out there. Anyone know anything about the area? It was great riding but heavily patrolled the last year I was out there and I remember some talk about petitions to keep it open.

Is it still available? Conditions, anyone been there recently?

Any and all info appreciated.

Thanks!

saqqara

Reaction score
Hmmmm well now you have me thinking.

I was younger then...drank more than I quadded.... so it's possible my memory is a little fuzzy.

I also tend to hear what I want to hear and I am trying to remember if I only every "heard" false creek and not saw it written. :)

Is Falls Creek near Rocky? If so, that's it.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's kinda funny! Something tells me that you're not the guy to ask for song lyrics either.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I think your thinking of Falls Creek and yes it's southwest of Rocky just off of seconday #752. I live out in this area. What do you want to know? Yes the area is still there, yes it is heavily patrolled. Jeeps have the trails pretty fcuked up if your heading in to the falls. Other than that the riding is good. Put a group together and PM me if you want a guide to show you in the back way to the falls.

Last edited:

saqqara

Reaction score
I think your thinking of Falls Creek and yes it's southwest of Rocky just off of seconday #752. I live out in this area. What do you want to know? Yes the area is still there, yes it is heavily patrolled. Jeeps have the trails pretty fcuked up if your heading in to the falls. Other than that the riding is good. Put a group together and PM me if you want a guide to show you in the back way to the falls.

Awesome thanks. We have a group going out this weekend. We've changed directions because of the wildfires and are currently heading Nordegg way.

What's it like on May long? We want to have a good time riding, but no desire to head into a party central area.

What's the skill level for the rides. The trips I went on before had no kids, so we tried anything and this trip has a few teens and a child or two doubling with adults.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Awesome thanks. We have a group going out this weekend. We've changed directions because of the wildfires and are currently heading Nordegg way.

What's it like on May long? We want to have a good time riding, but no desire to head into a party central area.

What's the skill level for the rides. The trips I went on before had no kids, so we tried anything and this trip has a few teens and a child or two doubling with adults.
Contrary to what you may have heard there is no wildfires out here at this time. May long is quite busy in this area. The trail system out here to the falls is not a problem with teens or doubling children as long as you have experienced riders in your group. I'm a guide, have been riding the area for 23 years and know it better than most. The area is HUGE and getting away from the masses is not a problem even on the most busiest weekends of the year.The skill level of riding is what ever you want it to be, meaning there is more than one route to any destination, from white knuckle to casual scenic. Hope this helps.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
Years ago I used to go quadding with a group out near False Creek every year.

It's been at least 4 or 5 years since I was out there. Anyone know anything about the area? It was great riding but heavily patrolled the last year I was out there and I remember some talk about petitions to keep it open.

Is it still available? Conditions, anyone been there recently?

Any and all info appreciated.

Thanks!

According to any map I have seen it is really called Fall Creek,,,,, how the "S" got in there???? Most everyone does call it Falls Creek though,,,, Best time to in there is after the May Long so most trees across the trail get cut by the weekend warriors.

Top Bottom