Fallen Angel

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sitting here in Invermere this evening looking at the mountains and thinking of Albert and some trips we made together.

We made a trip together in the spring to Silent Pass and Radium and Albert and I drove out a few days early in my girlfriend's at the time, purple/pink explorer - boy did we laugh pulling up to the staging area in that thing! Tom and the rest of the Antler Lake gang came down later and good memories of eating ribs at Back Country Jacks after a good days sledding together. Roger and Tony looked at Alberta as a sled guru, and just watched in amazement as his home built mountain sled (in the days before he went Mr Stock on us) screamed up the mountain - Albert came down and parked and had such a grin on his face. Works well today!

He really was great for this sport and provided great encouragement for newbies like myself at that time.

Jabs

Reaction score
Soo Sorry to hear about Albert, Our deepest sympathy to the Beck family at this untimely loss. RIP Albert. He will be missed my many.

Pat, Don and Matt Jabusch

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It definitely hits closer to home when a member of this site is lost. Really makes one consider what each trip to the big hills is worth. My thoughts are with all who are involved. :(

Dare

Reaction score
Website
www.sno-drifters.org
I am saddened to hear of the loss of one of Alberta's true Sledheads. Albert has always been a gentleman, and I will remember him as such. Words escape me to convey how sorry I am for their loss to his loving family, and also to his friends both on the Angels and the many other sledders who knew him.

Rest in Peace Albert, we will all miss you greatly. Cheers, Darrell

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tri-County Snowmobile Club would like to extend our deepest sympathy and condolences to Terry Beck and Sherry Beck, on behalf of all our members.

Albert was a saint of a man, he touch our hearts with his kindness, generosity and overall gentle friendly manner. It did not matter if you were a friend or a stranger on the side of the trail, if you needed help, Albert was the first to stop and try and get you going or offer information.

His love for snowmobiling extended across Alberta. As a friend and member of the ASA Executive he would help any club or member, who need assistance, information or help. TCSC relied on Albert a lot for information and procedures at the club level and many of us on a personal level.

He was an integral part of Tri-County Snowmobile Club, helping at Ministik, Grooming the Ministik Trail System, joining in and participating in the Avalanche Programs and offering his shop for a month to fix up and modify the TCSC Bombardier BR180 & Drag.

Thanks Albert, for the years of friendship, you will never be forgotten…
Tri-County Snowmobile Club

BOOSTED

Reaction score
I was up in Blue River that day when we heard the news.
so sad to lose a fellow snowmobiler....and neighbour.

RIP Albert

Dale in Addrossan.

Skidoo XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Albert, you were a friend and taught me a lot , you helpped me on my sled when needed. i met albert when i joined Sort Saskatchewan Snow Angles 2006/07 season.

Albert i saw you a second and then i saw ron air bag i said to myself go go go go while i was a ways a way as i was looking for them. Ron came out and we rush up to find you albert we worked on you 60 + and we would stop . we miss you and miss you smile and how my kids like you a lot even though they met you ones. miss you a lot [media]https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/media]
Rest in peace.

My thoughts and prayes go out to Family & Friends of albert

Robbie

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When it comes to having a friend, Albert you were the best.

Your memories will last forever:
Of the times we spent together doing Trail Maintenance at Ministik or the hundred hours spent in your groomer grooming the Ministik Trails. That was something I looked forward to every year, to get out in your Groomer and spend 8-12 hours grooming, BSing about life / sledding and your cigars. Your friendly, gentle manner and easy going personality sets you above others.

Of the times spent riding with me and my boys in Valemount and Golden. Like the January 2008 ride out Milage when you stopped to fix a strangers broken XP on the trail. You sent the group down the trail while you and Nick fixed it and then raced each other down the trail to the trucks. Specially Feb 2009 when you looked after Trevor & Nick in Golden (Thanks)…

You have a heart of gold and your generosity proved it. You door was always open and I loved to stop by your work for a chat. You would help any one in need and you helped me immensely.

I have my pictures of the great times together and wish to share some of them…(Below)

True Friends are very hard to come by… and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being my friend.

I will watch the clouds in the skies for groomer/sled tracks and will always remember you Albert.

To
RON(RKNIGHT111) AND BRAD HOOKS(PLAYER) AND ROBBIE(MACHZ)
We felt and saw your sorrow and pain and I wish I could have helped you guys more. What you did was heroic. Your Avalanche Skills Training and First Aid CPR was excellent. Returning to the Avalanche scene and locating Albert in minutes and the following hours that unveiled, we can not even imagine the feelings and pressure. I am sure Albert was watching down on you and I am sure he would be pleased at the way you took care of him…
Thanks for finding the courage to bring our friend out and home to his loved ones.
May you find peace in knowing you did everything you could, we thank you

To
Barry (BBtoys) and Rob from McBride Search and Rescue who can down to Blue River for sled recovery. Your skills and expertise are exceptional and you guys are called upon when the rest of us have reached our limits. You are well respected and appreciated by us sledders.

To
Gregg Thor for the back up support and driving Albert’s truck back to Edmonton

The Beebe Boys

Attachments

• 20031220 Ministik Main32.jpg
    20031220 Ministik Main32.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 90
  • DSCN0448.jpg
    DSCN0448.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCN4588.jpg
    DSCN4588.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 2008-02-06DSCN0581.jpg
    2008-02-06DSCN0581.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCN0453.jpg
    DSCN0453.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

sled

Reaction score
To the Beck Family our hearts go out to you during this time.
Albert may you rest in peace

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
condolences to the family. It is very sad to hear of another of our family being taken from us, Stay Strong Beck Family the S&M crew is hear for all the support you need.

Steve

06dvx

Reaction score
This is not the proper place but I'm not sure where else to ask. Could someone PM me Albert's funeral arrangements? I grew up 5 doors down from the beck family and our family (still in Antler Lake) would like to attend. Thanks in advance,

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Thanks for all the support everyone. Albert was a very special guy to everyone and he will indeed be missed. I spent the entire day yesterday with the family and friends to help with the healing process, this sure helped. I felt alot better after talking with Terry and Sherry and wished them by best. We talked about good times all night. Thanks you guys this helped alot. I myself will take some time to get over this and am quite sore, feel like I got hit by a freight train as well.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: avy in valemount

i cant beleive what some of those people on cbc are saying...no idea..no idea

Unfortunately there are those Morons out there who have set the bar pretty low for sledders and in their un-educated little minds they clump us all together because of the Idiocy of a few who have given us this image.
Sounds as though Albert was an amazing stand up guy but the victim of a freak incident. Heart felt prayers to family and friends.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Never met Albert but sounds like a stand up guy! Condolences to the Beck family.

Top Bottom