F350 6.2l gas check engine light

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Before I take my truck to the dealer, what are some of the things that would cause the check engine light to come on? On my GM's, it was a common occurrence and not a lot to worry about. Is it the same with the Ford 6.2l?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can borrow my code reader Doug. I have the light on in my truck too for an o2 sensor that I should have today from Lordco.

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My truck same as yours engine light came on it was the coolant thermostat got it reset never came on again and I’ve put on lots of miles since

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have known gas caps not being tightened properly to flag the engine light..and I agree for the price of a code reader it's a must have these days

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I've said it before, "a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum" and most things can be fixed from member's information/knowledge/experience. Thanks for the offer of the Code Reader Brandon and the information provided. ****fly was bang on! I had noticed the flange on the filler tube was rusting and that would be from the beet juice on the highways in the winter. Ignored it but kept it in the back of my mind as one of those things that needed cleaned up. Then the check gas cap light came on and it didn't matter whether I tightened it or whatever, the light still stayed on. Then a couple days ago, the check engine light came on.

While I was checking my spare tire hanger, I undid the positive post on the battery, cleaned the rim on the filler pipe, and let it stand for about 10 minutes. Hooked everything up, and all lights are out. Good as new again. Probably a good idea to get a Code Reader as the truck is getting a little old being a 2013.

Thanks to all the replies guys. Much appreciated!

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really happy with my blue driver code reader. It’s paid for itself multiple times already. Nice feature is it gives confirmed fix reports from other users. Super easy to use, just an app on your phone.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just for future reference Doug do not undo just the positive post always do the negative first if you happen to touch something with the positive off you will have other problems

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was kinda thinking maybe the engine light came on due to the engine blowing up but guess I was wrong. The odd time that a light came on any of my rigs I would go to 4 different neighbors that are all mechanics. Kinda handy to live around those guys.

Top Bottom