Extro's '04 vertical escape

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would like to install extro's on '04 800 vertical escape. Not sure which size or pitch I should be using. Also how hard is this to install on this machine?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
External Drivers??

It all depends on whether you are changing tracks or track lengths??? If you are not changing tracks, then stay with the stock pitch and driver size(teeth), and you can keep the stock track. If you are changing tracks and going longer, I would probably still go with the stock driver size and pitch and then you could run the larger back wheels and play with gearing rather than driver size....... what size track is on your VE right now and what gearing???

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The track is a stock 159"and gearing is also stock.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
good question

I thought the '04's were all open windows.... if not, you will be replacing the track to run extrovert drivers. Extroverts obviously have their advantages. Let us know............... anyone??:confused:

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the pitch is 2.52 and you should stay with 9 tooth drivers unless you are going with a longer lug.

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
extrovert drivers are very good. NOTE don't by cheap drivers like whal bro's wear out in approx 1 season. Personaly bought avid they are cnc'd not moulded. Also not that you will be required to cut approx 3.5" of of front of rails to clear drivers.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Hey cey800, On the 04 is your track open windows... I am thinking not? I got lucky on my 02 VE/156 they were open. I know 03 were not. I feel it made a improvement.

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The first 2 windows are open and then the 3rd window is closed. I think I will be pulling out the old wood chiesel and opening the 3rd window. But I'm not sure if I will clip those windows? Any suggestions?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I clippes all the windows when I put extros on my '00 doo. most everyone I know clipped all their windows....tho the clips usually seemed to start falling off after the second ride

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I clippes all the windows when I put extros on my '00 doo. most everyone I know clipped all their windows....tho the clips usually seemed to start falling off after the second ride

Were all the clips, That were falling off ones that were installed for cut outs ?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah, tho it may have been the crimp tool that we borrowed to put them on(and the whiskey we drank while doing it). If you get the proper tool and its in good shape you shouldn't lose any.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure some of the stock tracks come every second or every third hole not clipped. I would punch them out and run it.

Top Bottom