Exhaust temperature sensor for 07 Summit 1000

tworton

Reaction score
Hey guys i just bought a mbrp can for my sled and was wondering what i do with the stock exhaust temperature sensor? do i need to install this in the new can somehow? Is this something the sled can run properly without? Thanks for the info in advance

Travis

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They aren't supposed to have them, go to the dealer and have them program the ecu to run without it.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
You should get the can with the sensor fitting in it...... It does make a difference, and will help eliminate any detonation or egt temp problems........... SOME '06'S WERE THE FIRST THAT USED THEM, AND ALL '07'S HAD THEM.............. MY '06 HAS ONE

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should get the can with the sensor fitting in it...... It does make a difference, and will help eliminate any detonation or egt temp problems........... SOME '06'S WERE THE FIRST THAT USED THEM, AND ALL '07'S HAD THEM.............. MY '06 HAS ONE
Interesting, they were removed from all 2005's by the BRP dealers. I thought only mach Z's retained them. For what it's worth in run the 07 mapping in my 05 with the temp sensor disabled and it doesn't cause any issues.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
True....... But if ya got it, leave it......... Seen several melted down '05's, but never seen an '06 or '07 melted down. Because of the temp sensor, this is prevented

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i just bought a mbrp can for my sled and was wondering what i do with the stock exhaust temperature sensor? do i need to install this in the new can somehow? Is this something the sled can run properly without? Thanks for the info in advance

Travis
Sounds like you got the wrong can, take it back and get the proper one with the sensor port in it.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
curious do you just go to dealer to get the reprogram and tell them what you want done? need to get mine adjusted as it is wwaaay fat in the bottom end, leaves black marks in the snow when ya pin it off the start. wanna clean it up a bit.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
curious do you just go to dealer to get the reprogram and tell them what you want done? Need to get mine adjusted as it is wwaaay fat in the bottom end, leaves black marks in the snow when ya pin it off the start. Wanna clean it up a bit.

yup, just tell 'em you want the '07 mid altitude program........... Or if you're really into it, go to martin eqpt west and ask jerry to put his special program in :)

magnet......... I still have those pipes and boondocker for you :) --- cheap cheap cheap...... It'll put you up to 200hp quite easily

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup, just tell 'em you want the '07 mid altitude program........... Or if you're really into it, go to martin eqpt west and ask jerry to put his special program in :)

magnet......... I still have those pipes and boondocker for you :) --- cheap cheap cheap...... It'll put you up to 200hp quite easily

:rolleyes: still thinking.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

my '07 600 HO SDI is doing the same thing, always leaves black marks. can they do the same reprogramming to mine??? maybe a note for another thread, but it seems to be spitting out unburnt oil too, is there something else i can do?? it spits it out and covers my sensor and in turn wrecks it, and for $250 a sensor, i'd like to solve the real problem and not just keep buying new sensors!!

Top Bottom