Exhaust can

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i am gonna pick up a 2012 M8 right away and i'm just wondering what people are liking for cans. Are there any to stay away from? I have never rode one but i could'nt pass up a smokin deal.

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a slp can our 2012 and i like the sound it gives, not ignorant but a nice tone to it. bonus is its ceramic coated, havent had any bog issues or anything.
check out my vids on youtube Ljewell33
there is some with it on there.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like shredder said jaws all the way.. The ywork well sound great and i always get the ceramic coated ones. I also run them on all my rentals and have for several years now with zero issues. Whatever you do do NOT put an mbrp can on they dont work well in the mtn's. Weve done side by side testing with mbrp and jaws.

fersch

Reaction score
what was the diffrence between the 2 cans that you did side by side testing?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what was the diffrence between the 2 cans that you did side by side testing?

The first day both 2010 M8's had mbrp cans and they ran dead even all day. The next day put a jaws can on one of them, and all daylong the one with the jaws would make it higher up the hill and just out perform the other. It worked out to usually about 15-20ft difference on a hill climbin. And also swapped the can between the two sleds to make sure it wasnt a rider havin a better day or one sleddin runnin better that day, the sled that had the jaws did better.

As for the D&D cans we ran them on a couple of our 2010 HCR's to try them out and i finally got rid of them because i tired of welding them up as they seemed to continually crack.

This is just what ive found personally.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got Neil at npp to make mine. Built great, and sounds amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sofa King much pow

Reaction score
I put thing can with cooker on my 2012 M8.
no power loss and I have hot lunch every ride.
Call Sled Shed in Revy

And Muz rides like a girl.

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the truth to this or not but I have an MBRP can on my 11, buddy has a Jaws on his 10 and my dad has a D&D on his 12 and neither of us have noticed any improvement over one another, pretty much the same all across, riding from early season right until April in all conditions and temps all the sleds are pretty damn equal

The first day both 2010 M8's had mbrp cans and they ran dead even all day. The next day put a jaws can on one of them, and all daylong the one with the jaws would make it higher up the hill and just out perform the other. It worked out to usually about 15-20ft difference on a hill climbin. And also swapped the can between the two sleds to make sure it wasnt a rider havin a better day or one sleddin runnin better that day, the sled that had the jaws did better.

As for the D&D cans we ran them on a couple of our 2010 HCR's to try them out and i finally got rid of them because i tired of welding them up as they seemed to continually crack.

This is just what ive found personally.

canadian madman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've got a jaws can for the 2012 i'm not using any more....used only one weekend....replaced it with a turbo :)

i'll sell it for $75 less than the price of a new one

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a cutler can. I have been told that they work good and not too loud.

Yaco

Reaction score
I just ordered a cutler can. I have been told that they work good and not too loud.

I'm running a Cutler on mine. A buddy has the same sled with stock exhaust still. The Cutler is only a little louder but not a lot. Sounds good, not too annoying. A few people have commented to me that they like the sound of the sled. As far as performance changes not totally sure yet as we don't have a ton of snow here and still breaking in the new engine so been taking it easy.

Top Bottom