Etec can thread.

Goondocker97

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright so I was in my local skidoo dealer and they had some TSS cans on the wall and said that they were a great can and a best seller at that shop. Who has had experience with this can and what other cans would you suggest?
Thanks! :cool:

bourgon

Reaction score
Saw a vid once for a can that had a muffpot built in the side of it. I was looking on the weekend and could not find it online and not sure what the name was but thought what a hell of an idea !

Goondocker97

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw a vid once for a can that had a muffpot built in the side of it. I was looking on the weekend and could not find it online and not sure what the name was but thought what a hell of an idea !
Its the thing cooker can made by the sled shed in revelstoke i think!

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It's called "The Thing" Made by the guys at The Sled Shed

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to pick up a HPS can, seems like guys have had the best luck with them from all the reading I have done.

RockSmasher

Reaction score
I have a TSS on a 13 Summit Etec 800. Ceramic coated, small, light. F CKIN loud when taped. Very nice fit and finish though, matches the sled in that respect.

trailrider

Reaction score
I have the TSS on my 2011 and my son has a MBRP on his 2012, the TSS is a bit louder but not much. I think my TSS has a lower rumble to it until you pin it. Trailrider

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno. My MBRP sounds ok but I still have a hesitation pop n fart between 5700 and 6100rpm. Not sure if it's the can or still goin through break in-at 280 miles now-but if it doesn't go away after the next trip to the mountains it's going for sale and the stocker is going back on until I get an HPS. I should have gone that route in the first place.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a guy with the full velocity on his xm by bmp its the larger one, great sound and not loud at all.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just rode my cousins xm for the weekend and it has a TSS tunnel dump can on it. Don't like the sound. And the quality is low the welds look like sh!t. I would go with MBRP. And I think the TSS causes a bog in the sled

cadman22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the TSS you wont be disapointed, they are not overly loud and contrairy to what the last person said they are built strong and hold up well. I've had one on my 2012 e-tec since it was new with no issues

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
My can is from Specialty Sleds. It's the second one I've bought from them for my last 2 sleds. They work great, lightweight, small, killer sound. He told me they did a lot of testing on the original Etech can in regards to precise placement of the probe. I'm not sure if they manufacture these or if not, what brand they are. Give Ken a call.

xmsummit154

Reaction score
I think Im going to try The Thing cooker. Is there anybody else running one on a etec with any valueable reviews on it. Let me know thanks.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I think Im going to try The Thing cooker. Is there anybody else running one on a etec with any valueable reviews on it. Let me know thanks.

Call Cathy at the SledShed at 403-814-0018. I ran one last year on my 2012 Summit and it worked well. Nice sound, no hick-ups, and that was with about 2500 kms. I have 2 2013 XMX's and a son has a 2013 XM SP and they all have TheThing on them. Once again, a nice sound, no hick-ups, and there is 600, 800, and 1800 kms on the sleds.

The added benefit is a hot meal on the hill (I am presently working on a new Video) and Turbo Al has out done himself with a two-tier cooker in that can. One tray for appetizers and the other for the main course!

IMG_1670.jpg IMG_1751.jpg

Top Bottom