Engine TECH thermostat

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyways mr.johni_t, was a chitty year last year, only made it out l think 5 five times. did some what of a career change, still mechanics just dumped the chitty dealer life. l have a ported track, but heard not much of a difference for a $1000 upgrade.........l will give you 5g for that beat up freeride, lol.........

I would say the track is the best $850 plus install you will ever spend on that sled period. Then clutch and gearing. I would hop on a buddy's xp with ported track to get unstuck etc and I always felt a big differance in blower POW. The non ported just stays on top way better. There is a reason they put non ported tracks on since the 11's.

come on snow... $12500 freeride is yours haha like new!!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Johns right. Ripped my ported track last year at christmas. Put a 11 163 stocker under. Big diffy.

I bought the sled noing it might happen but after 3 rides it did.

Track came first but was going to d.j clutch it. Well track took that funds..

Clutch kit this year

sent from my htc

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trygstad got a new therm stat housing to. I will let you know how I feel about the two. I have engine tech and will have Daves .Everything we've got from dave has been as advertised even his 872R;)

Last edited:

ONETON

Reaction score
OK, what about these new powder valves from SLP, anyone using these yet?
powder-valve-ski-doo.gif
These trick flapper valves are installed in the top side of the airbox on Ski-Doo XP 800 models to provide additional airflow to the engine. They are activated by airbox vacuum. When the stock intake begins to plug in deep powder snow conditions, these valves open to deliver the necessary airflow that the engine demands. This substantially improves consistency when running in deep powder snow conditions. Sold per pair.

valve.gif

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only problem with those are they are installed on the top of the airbox and almost have to be there with the design they use. More functional on an etec.

The the upper airbox isn't as much of a problem as the restrictive neck and small lower airbox.

For a ptek it is better to provide the air at the lower box closest to the carb.

Don't do that with an etec though.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also better to have the air from around the lower box.

That there on a fresh pow day would be sucking snow and steam from the pipe

The snorkles I made for my ptek helped out tons. But they still plug up and it bogs ... So I think one flow right on the mag side of the lower box and it will be 98 %

It's about 80% now with the stock and snorkles.

sent from my htc

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am surprised those snorkles made such a difference on the trail...

Haha

DT ride this year I want to see you actually ride!

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U got her buddy.

Have some clutch work to do and Mabe a s36 kit.

Should help out lots.

That day down by turbo with that sticky snow was the first weekend to try out the snorkles. Was way better but not 100%

sent from my htc

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran Art's (ET) 13.5:1 and t-stat on my 880 bb in my 09 and it ran flawless. Two Flowrites in the rear of the lower airbox with a mesh panel on the side cover...perfect. Just like Deaner said. Sold that sled last year and buddy flogged it all last season as well with no problems.

Snorkles Tex? HAHAHAHAHA. Geek.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U got it. They are up top beside the gauge body.

But they still plug up too with frog skin.

sent from my htc

ONETON

Reaction score
OK, who knows the DJ clutch part number for a 2010 XP ??????

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the et stat housing in my 09 and I installed one on my buddies 09 860. We both noticed a consistant water temp, and the sled seemed to maintain rpm better than before the housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone make a thermostat delete for the etecs, looks like some different hose configuration to it, need to get rid of it

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, getting mixed opinions on this subject both here and other fellow sledders, I just dont want my sled to over heat or bog down in deep snow!!!!!

So, to spend 500 to 800 bucks on upgrades, what should a guy spend it on ? My biggest problem with xp's is engine bog due to air filter being plugged, pisses me off. what a chitty design by BRP !!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways mr.johni_t, was a chitty year last year, only made it out l think 5 five times. did some what of a career change, still mechanics just dumped the chitty dealer life. l have a ported track, but heard not much of a difference for a $1000 upgrade.........l will give you 5g for that beat up freeride, lol.........

Pod intake ?

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you dont want to spend the money on the engine tech thermostat, it is the same as the 05' 800 summit thermostat, granted it is the fancy billet, but it is the same internals.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you dont want to spend the money on the engine tech thermostat, it is the same as the 05' 800 summit thermostat, granted it is the fancy billet, but it is the same internals.

The thermostat itself is the same........but does the housing just swap straight across?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well ordered one today from matt and engine tech, he feels with his housing and thermostat that water temp will be more precise and it will fully open when needed for engine, 200$$ for the etec

Top Bottom