Enclosed Furnace

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where in Alberta would a guy get on? Got new trailer and thinking about picking one up. If anyone has pictures of ones they got, I would like to see. I know I can get furnaces a lot of places, more interested in what cabinets/enclosures a guy can get.
Thanks

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any RV supplier or dealer. Atwood or suburban are most commonly used. Better to oversize it, depending on trailer lenght. But it sounds like you want to do the work yourself. My opinion buy a trailer already set up moderatly. Then customize it to you're likes. Time you factor in the costs installing everything yourself you aren't really any ahead of the game.

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any RV supplier or dealer. Atwood or suburban are most commonly used. Better to oversize it, depending on trailer lenght. But it sounds like you want to do the work yourself. My opinion buy a trailer already set up moderatly. Then customize it to you're likes. Time you factor in the costs installing everything yourself you aren't really any ahead of the game.

Just put in a woodstove in and be done with it...can't replace that soothing radiant heat...

or maybe even a pellet stove.

Went sledding a few years ago and some buddies were staying in their enclosed trailer, that heater quit working because it was so cold outside and the propane just didn't want to flow but I was nice and warm in my old motorhome with my woodstove ha ha. A few of them knocked on my door looking for warmth. Lol

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are joking, right?

Just put in a wood stove in and be done with it...can't replace that soothing radiant heat...

Went sledding a few years ago and some buddies were staying in their enclosed trailer, that heater quit working because it was so cold outside and the propane just didn't want to flow but I was nice and warm in my old motorhome with my woodstove ha ha. A few of them knocked on my door looking for warmth. Lol

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out Alan Dale Trailers. They had complete kits. Wiring plumbing etc. at least they did couple years ago when I was looking.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Especially some of these new units that are 0 clearance and don't need the big chimney like the old stuff. Cary a arm full of would with you and you would be good for the weekend they are so efficient

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an attwood here if you want to have a cabinet made or build a cabinet. Was going to put it in my last trailer, but sold the trailer and went to a smaller one instead. Send me a P.M. if you're interested.

Attwood 8531-III.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put in a woodstove in and be done with it...can't replace that soothing radiant heat...

This spells asphyxiation. Hope you got a O2 and CO2 sensor.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Diesel fired air heater, way drier heat than propane, and no extra stops to fill up the tank.

Top Bottom