Electrical Issues with a 2008 rev XP 800

Charlsie513

Reaction score
I am having some starting issues with this sled. I had an electric start installed at christmas last year and everything was working fine until it all of a sudden wasn't. At first i would try and start the thing and it would not turn over. I gave the handle bars and sled a little shake and it would start again. I took this sled to the mountains and it would start and then i would shut it off, would have trouble stating it, waited, and then it would start again. This happened about 5 times. Then finally it wouldn't start again so I had it dragged off the mountain and rented the next day. When I was unloading the trailer after getting home, it started again.

Also, along side this, the speedometer and odometer no longer work. The handle bars and lights do.

Has anyone else had issues like this? or have any advice.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have the original handwarmers on it this could be causing a glitch from a short somewhere or check the wires coming off the regulator on the rh side of the e module as they can rub on the aluminum causing a short. Both are noted faults for that year and should have been updated on warranty back in 08.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haven't had any of those problems,but how many have had problems with the fuel gauge?

Charlsie513

Reaction score
So I found the wire that was shorting out, and after doing more research there were TONS of people that had the same issues! It was this stupid red wire behind the chain case going into the voltage regulator.

My odometer still does not work. But this may be a sensor.

Top Bottom