Electric vehicles

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With snow on the road covering the lines, my son had to retake control of the tesla.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is something really cool about driving through Calgary on the Deerfoot through heavy stop and go traffic and having autopilot take care of everything. Highway driving is nice too, just tapping the signal light to make lane changes. Navigation on autopilot is coming soon as well.
My wife's Explorer does pretty well on the highway if you turn the driver assist on high. Can pretty much drive itself all the way to the city with minimal input. Sort of relaxing. I still like rowing gears in the Cummins though. Different kind of relaxing.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife's Explorer does pretty well on the highway if you turn the driver assist on high. Can pretty much drive itself all the way to the city with minimal input. Sort of relaxing. I still like rowing gears in the Cummins though. Different kind of relaxing.

I think therapeutic is the word you are looking for. I have always enjoyed the sense of feeling like you have a connection with the machine you are driving or operating. That ability to connect is disappearing with every generation of equipment though so we will have to look to other things for our therapy.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depending on your current age, I doubt anyone under 40 will be able to avoid it (having an electric vehicle if not a scooter). Small powerful energy sources must be developed before we can have those robot servants ;)

Couldn’t do it...don’t even want an electric scooter when I’m old and crippled up. By then they’ll have teleportation units anyways.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With snow on the road covering the lines, my son had to retake control of the tesla.
The driver assist / lane assist systems dont work when the painted lines are absent .... Just wait till the ambulance chasers get ahold of it ....i can smell a class action .....

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The driver assist / lane assist systems dont work when the painted lines are absent .... Just wait till the ambulance chasers get ahold of it ....i can smell a class action .....

I disagree. You have to accept terms of service that state that you are responsible. Common sense would be not to use a system that relies on the road lines when there are no visible road lines. Also they sometimes **** up the road lines when they are painting them so you have to watch out for that as well.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I disagree. You have to accept terms of service that state that you are responsible. Common sense would be not to use a system that relies on the road lines when there are no visible road lines. Also they sometimes **** up the road lines when they are painting them so you have to watch out for that as well.

Yep , I can see that working out great ! Depending on the common sense of other road users ?????? And the continuity and clarity of the painted lines on our highways ?

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree with you in theory, But you used 2 words in you post that have no meaning any more,,,,,, Common sense,,,, I don't even think it is listed in Websters dictionary any more.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep , I can see that working out great ! Depending on the common sense of other road users ?????? And the continuity and clarity of the painted lines on our highways ?

Most major highways are painted very well. It will tell you if there is a problem and your hands are already on the wheel. Autopilot v3 will be out soon with 10 times the processing power. Will go from 200 frames per second to 2000 FPS.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My platty has the lane assist.
Shut off now.
No good in Alberta.

Same with the adaptive breaking.
Was passing a semi once at 130 and the camera locked onto the trucks shadow and Damm near locked up the breaks.

Top Bottom