Electric start in t3?

wildchild

Reaction score
Is it just buy the kit and install or does the exhaust can need to be changed out? Anyone install one?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy and install. We have done probably 40 at our shop already. No need to change out exhaust can.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
BTW, seems to work well. Once again, push the button and Bbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppp.Bbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppp. I love my electric starts!

Why, oh why, BRP didn't install in the factory is an incomprehensible move.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that pfi572, you make me feel young again! I have to say that I've never had such an easy starting sled via rope as this new E-Tec is, in the garage anyways! How's the weather in GP these days, I used to hang my helmet over on the Tumbler side years ago! Sherm

GRD

Reaction score
Cool thanks wanted to get it for my wife. Should of got it when she snow checked it was about 400 then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
T3's didn't have the option for a starter at spring check... You have to buy the kit and have the dealer install or install yourself.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many old people and ladies bought Freerides in 2014??????

The majority of the Freerides in 2014 had ES factory installed. That was from a BRP guy on another forum! So go figure.....:snow:

There was no e start on my 2014 freeride...haha Dont get me wrong E start is nice, but just seems like some easy/free weight to lose and the
sled is super easy to pull start anyways.:beer:

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
Call me old if you like... but at this point in my life, I would not buy a new sled without it. I have wrenched my back enough times kicking over dirtbikes or pulling the cord on the sleds. Nothing worse than injuring or wearing yourself out before the riding even starts

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call me old if you like... but at this point in my life, I would not buy a new sled without it. I have wrenched my back enough times kicking over dirtbikes or pulling the cord on the sleds. Nothing worse than injuring or wearing yourself out before the riding even starts

Not to mention after digging your self out and your already tired e start would be nice then! It's like reverse when it came out everyone was like you do need that it's for women and old people, now everyone has it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking about going to pick one up myself but been putting it off for the past two weeks now.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never seen the point of electric start.... pack around more weight to save energy from pulling... kinda counteractive? but everyone has been stuck in a situation where you are stuck in a nasty chute with ur tether pulled. After reataching tehther you know you could throttle up and spin around or dig it down to reset but if you move to pull you are gonna yard sale. This is where that e start is super slick.

Top Bottom