Edson Snow Conditions

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Out at the lodge yesterday just to do some clean up snow still looks real good after this week though there will be a great base the next big dump will bring some great rides all the stumps and logs are buried

From mooseknuckle sledding lodge
04 outback dd vortec

smd

Reaction score
From Saskatchewan and we have more snow in our freezers than outside. Looking to come to either Edson ab or whitecourt ab the weekend of jan 23rd. Don't want to just do trail riding. Where do you suggest we go where there is some open meadows and spots and powder to play in? Edson? whitecourt? If so what area ?

your help is appreciated

smd

smd

Reaction score
I have been to vale lots but the group I am coming with don't have bigger mountain sleds so trying to find a spot that has a good few feet and guys with a back country can get by.....suggestions?

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been to vale lots but the group I am coming with don't have bigger mountain sleds so trying to find a spot that has a good few feet and guys with a back country can get by.....suggestions?

I haven't been to whitecourt, but I was just in swan hills on Saturday and there is a good 2' of snow (mostly sugar under ice crust) at goose tower. Rode a lot of untouched snow but still have to be careful of stumps, as it's cut block and trails there. I was going to ride whitecourt but decided last second to just go to swan hills.

Sent from my iPhone

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com

Sure anywhere north edson toward silver summit ski hill is good get off the beaten path and you will find lots of good snow , there is thousands of cut lines and non plowed roads to rip on

From mooseknuckle sledding lodge
04 outback dd vortec

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any sugestions on location to unload, want to ride off the trails. Have not been to edson area before.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unloaded close to silver summit. Feb 7/15

Good day! Only 6 " fresh on top of the crust but can still get stuck nut deep if your looking!

Be a a good base if we get another good dump on it, but needs more snow to lay down fresh turns.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You could always come and support the swan hill club at there rally this sat......Just sayin!
!

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is it looking up there. Anything left after the warm weather. looking to get out for some seat time on the new sp.

Top Bottom