IMG_1370.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1372.jpg
    IMG_1372.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 27

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Curtis my friend. You always know how to bring the best shots of events to us members here. Keep up the good work Mr.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Thats exactly my beef as well!! Nothing to do on the concourse once your in. The first year was the best with great entertainment and good selection of food etc. The gold three day pass was OK but not great. We went silver the next year and found it better, also paid for a pit pass which was cool. However it seems once Northlands gets a hold of something they kill it. Good on Darryl Katz for recognizing this with the Oilers!!

iv gone every year so far. but i dont think il partake this year. i find the venue itself to be lacking for 3 days of event. in the concourse ares theres really nothing to do and year after year it becomes less and less.

we have tryed different seats every year, but still found the silver seating to be the best in turns 10 to 14. its where all the accidents / passing occurs i think.
for the money i just dont think the organizers have planned well enough. sure the sunday race is always a great one. but for $200+ and really nothing much to see or do around the concourse areas...mehhh

thats part way to a new DJ clutch kit...:)

enjoy the races this year whoever is going. i think im callin it quits with Indy

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow Helio was a little hot after the race:rant: Good run for Paul.What happened to the turn 1 grandstand, it was one of the best, we were in row 6, first 2 years, was silver 1st yr then they bumped it to gold but we got silver pricing 2nd year but not for the third so haven't been back and now it's gone. Just not the same as the days of CART with Villeneuve, Tracy, Moore(RIP), Andretti's, little Al, Emo, Rahal, Zanardi(glad he got to finish his last race) and a few that are still in there today, 3 different chassis builders, 5 engine builders they ruined it when they split and it didn't come back with the merge. Maybe it's just me but have lost interest. :rant: And Summitrick I agree Vancouver was a much better setup even it the sight lines wen't the greatest, had more fun there 94-98

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats exactly my beef as well!! Nothing to do on the concourse once your in. The first year was the best with great entertainment and good selection of food etc. The gold three day pass was OK but not great. We went silver the next year and found it better, also paid for a pit pass which was cool. However it seems once Northlands gets a hold of something they kill it. Good on Darryl Katz for recognizing this with the Oilers!!

You actually still believe a word out of katz's mouth? Just another scam artist......Northlands might not be great but katz is a idiot.

Yea let's have the city pay for a good part of the building and never get a dime back. I'm sure he is loosing money but won't prove it :rolleyes:

So glad the city is smart for once and told him where to go, atleast for now.

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1st time to the indy race, have been to Talladega race, rode around Daytona, been to winter nationals in Pomana (nhra). It was good to the indy race, but found out the paddock & pit pass are not worth the $, for what I got to see. Sat in gold today, see just as much of the pits but higher up instead of the uneven trail of mud/grass. Glad I went, but likely wont go again. The $165, plus the 11 service fee is abit much for the price. Need to have more to see & do for that price. Next event want to go is F1 race in Montreal, now that its back in Canada.

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it might be a bit expensive, but we sure had a GREAT time. Camping beside the track for a second year was all good. lots of people having a good time.
I heard lots of grumbling, complaining about the stands and other events but now it will be run by a new group, I think we need to have an open mind and give them a chance to make it better because it is something to see those cars.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I must say...... The kiosks were much better this year than the previous couple of years. There was a decent amount of extra kiosks, with merchandise and different foods(other than what northlands tries to push), and the margueritaville tents were awesome...yummy. Our grandstand was quite good, and as i bitched earlier, our stand probably had the best total track visibility of them all. We couldn't quite see all of turn one, and we couldn't see pit row, but we were able to see all the other turns, so all in all i guess the new section b wasn't that bad. Heard lotsa fans and even some drivers complain, that the grandstand in front of turn 1 was truly missed. The drivers complained that they really liked to see the fans cheering them in turn one, and they also used it to guage some of their turns, so i hope they get that grandstand back........ The so called beer gardens was a joke, however. One would think the beer gardens should be placed close to where the bulk of the population at the race is viewed, but the so called beer garden was at the far end of the track in turn 1, and bulk of the grandstands b and a and c were at the opposite end down near turn 12 and 13...... And then there is the problem with moving cars and equipment onto the track. They truly need a bridge for the fans to get to the other side, as they would close down the road, and everyone was stuck unable to proceed up the walkway for times up to 20 minutes or more, because cars etc were being moved to and from the track!!!! Most of the people stuck with us several times were trying to get up to the beer gardens, but unable to do so because of this traffic jamb.................... Just a couple observations from the indy. Hope the new group have more insight, and care about the average joe more, than just taking care of vip's in the suites, than northlands!!!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
What he said.....

I must say...... The kiosks were much better this year than the previous couple of years. There was a decent amount of extra kiosks, with merchandise and different foods(other than what northlands tries to push), and the margueritaville tents were awesome...yummy. Our grandstand was quite good, and as i bitched earlier, our stand probably had the best total track visibility of them all. We couldn't quite see all of turn one, and we couldn't see pit row, but we were able to see all the other turns, so all in all i guess the new section b wasn't that bad. Heard lotsa fans and even some drivers complain, that the grandstand in front of turn 1 was truly missed. The drivers complained that they really liked to see the fans cheering them in turn one, and they also used it to guage some of their turns, so i hope they get that grandstand back........ The so called beer gardens was a joke, however. One would think the beer gardens should be placed close to where the bulk of the population at the race is viewed, but the so called beer garden was at the far end of the track in turn 1, and bulk of the grandstands b and a and c were at the opposite end down near turn 12 and 13...... And then there is the problem with moving cars and equipment onto the track. They truly need a bridge for the fans to get to the other side, as they would close down the road, and everyone was stuck unable to proceed up the walkway for times up to 20 minutes or more, because cars etc were being moved to and from the track!!!! Most of the people stuck with us several times were trying to get up to the beer gardens, but unable to do so because of this traffic jamb.................... Just a couple observations from the indy. Hope the new group have more insight, and care about the average joe more, than just taking care of vip's in the suites, than northlands!!!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Helio Apologizes

Obviously, I disagree with the decisions made by the race officials on the last restart in today’s race, but there is no excuse for my actions after the checkered flag. I apologize to my team, our sponsors, the fans and the entire IZOD IndyCar Series community for my behavior. My actions were totally wrong and I acted inappropriately to some people who are my friends and people I respect very much. Obviously, I am a very emotional person and today I let my emotions get the better of me and I’m very sorry for that.

- Helio Castroneves, No. 3 Team Penske Dallara/Honda

Top Bottom