Edmonton Honda Indy

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the indy has at least 3 more years, with the octane group taking over.

Lotsa concerns so far, and the biggest is the seating re-arrangement(worse seats, and cost more), lack of live bands in the beer gardens.............couple years ago, nazareth, headpins and darby mills, and kim mitchell and a few others..... Was awesome.

Also the extra kiosks that were offering team shirts, or different foods and even different beer stands, are all now operated by northlands, and it's all the same stuff in each kiosk, and way overpriced, with waterbottles as an example of $5.00 each. Whereas before there was a large array of different types of merchandise and foods available, and some deals to be had too.

Bathrooms were always an issue at the event, as there is never enough in the high populated areas. The main walkways are very congested in areas, and flow could easily be improved.

The large screen tv's aren't placed in great proximity to the race and not enough, and the speakers aren't very good either -- we use little portable am/fm radios with earplugs to listen to the race, as you can't hear the announcer for the most part....

I attended 3 indy races in vancouver, when they were around, and never had one complaint, and the tv's were plentiful and the sound was adequate. Lotsa bathrooms, and many assorted kiosks.

There, i think i ranted enough................ I am canadian

makes me glad that i didn't buy tickets this year then.... my only 2 complaints were legroom and the shuttle service (bus)

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Sounds like the indy has at least 3 more years, with the octane group taking over.

Lotsa concerns so far, and the biggest is the seating re-arrangement(worse seats, and cost more), lack of live bands in the beer gardens.............couple years ago, nazareth, headpins and darby mills, and kim mitchell and a few others..... Was awesome.

Also the extra kiosks that were offering team shirts, or different foods and even different beer stands, are all now operated by northlands, and it's all the same stuff in each kiosk, and way overpriced, with waterbottles as an example of $5.00 each. Whereas before there was a large array of different types of merchandise and foods available, and some deals to be had too.

Bathrooms were always an issue at the event, as there is never enough in the high populated areas. The main walkways are very congested in areas, and flow could easily be improved.

The large screen tv's aren't placed in great proximity to the race and not enough, and the speakers aren't very good either -- we use little portable am/fm radios with earplugs to listen to the race, as you can't hear the announcer for the most part....

I attended 3 indy races in vancouver, when they were around, and never had one complaint, and the tv's were plentiful and the sound was adequate. Lotsa bathrooms, and many assorted kiosks.

There, i think i ranted enough................ I am canadian

Looks like lots of bathrooms again this year but there appears to be less tv screens, I'm not even sure we have one in front of our stands but it's a bit premature to comment yet. It's the event that will tell the story.

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
iv gone every year so far. but i dont think il partake this year. i find the venue itself to be lacking for 3 days of event. in the concourse ares theres really nothing to do and year after year it becomes less and less.

we have tryed different seats every year, but still found the silver seating to be the best in turns 10 to 14. its where all the accidents / passing occurs i think.
for the money i just dont think the organizers have planned well enough. sure the sunday race is always a great one. but for $200+ and really nothing much to see or do around the concourse areas...mehhh

thats part way to a new DJ clutch kit...:)

enjoy the races this year whoever is going. i think im callin it quits with Indy

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going again this year but just because 4 of us have an RV spot - best way to go. Drink you own Bud, eat your own grub, etc... Was a pile o' fun last year. PM me your cell# Ric and we'll meet up for a beer.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never been to the race before, where is the best place to park or are there shuttles, coming from st.albert??? thanks!:beer:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
So i have another bitch...... Our seats that we had last year was grandstand b.... They moved it down by section d before the pit row, and still increase our fees. Section c is considered silver seating and we are considered gold seats.........wtf, they have better view and vantage than we doo................ And they think this is justified? I know of about 8 ticket holders that will not be attending again, if something isn't done about this. Letters will be written soon. We used to sit near the end of pit row, and we could see all the pit action, but now we're before the entry to pit lane and back a bit, so we can't see the action??? I'm pizzed about this!!!!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Photos from yesterdays set up.

Attachments

• IMG_1300.jpg
    IMG_1300.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1304.jpg