Edmonton Honda Indy

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Edmonton grand prix

The grandstands are under construction, and several are already completed around the edmonton municipal airport........ Can't wait for the big race!!!!!

if those grandstands had the leg room i would consider going again.

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

leg room does suck, But camping at the track can not be beat!!!
Sitting in your lawn chair,beside your camper/motorhome, drinking beer while the cars race by you 20 feet away is great!!:beer::d

didn't know a person could camp there... must be expensive though

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Actually it's no longer called Grand Prix.

It's the Honda Indy. They reduced the grandstands for the RV parking,and what was silver seats are now gold. The organizers better rethink this because it really hurts this years event.
My boss is racing in the NASCC GT2 or GT3. It's kinda stupid they are having the final race on Saturday, instead of Sunday. I think the entertainment factor is higher in some ways compares tot he Indycar.
I will be there all 3 days, I have a pit card, so it should be a blast again this year!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Photos from "site" last night while we installed banners etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 37

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Well Ric, our seats are definitely a step down for being "gold" that we paid for.
We will have to see how it works out but based on what I saw this may be the lase year I pay for premium seating - considering we have now been moved to less than spectacular positioning....

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
well ric, our seats are definitely a step down for being "gold" that we paid for.
We will have to see how it works out but based on what i saw this may be the lase year i pay for premium seating - considering we have now been moved to less than spectacular positioning....

i saw joe at bo diddly's the other nite, and he's not impressed either........ Hmmmmmmm

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Not good news ................ I hope it goes well this year.

Well Ric, our seats are definitely a step down for being "gold" that we paid for.
We will have to see how it works out but based on what I saw this may be the lase year I pay for premium seating - considering we have now been moved to less than spectacular positioning....

I think there will be lots of peeps not renewing their tickets. We are now "miles" away from the Bud Girls - that just plain SUCKS!!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Sounds like the indy has at least 3 more years, with the octane group taking over.

Lotsa concerns so far, and the biggest is the seating re-arrangement(worse seats, and cost more), lack of live bands in the beer gardens.............couple years ago, nazareth, headpins and darby mills, and kim mitchell and a few others..... Was awesome.

Also the extra kiosks that were offering team shirts, or different foods and even different beer stands, are all now operated by northlands, and it's all the same stuff in each kiosk, and way overpriced, with waterbottles as an example of $5.00 each. Whereas before there was a large array of different types of merchandise and foods available, and some deals to be had too.

Bathrooms were always an issue at the event, as there is never enough in the high populated areas. The main walkways are very congested in areas, and flow could easily be improved.

The large screen tv's aren't placed in great proximity to the race and not enough, and the speakers aren't very good either -- we use little portable am/fm radios with earplugs to listen to the race, as you can't hear the announcer for the most part....

I attended 3 indy races in vancouver, when they were around, and never had one complaint, and the tv's were plentiful and the sound was adequate. Lotsa bathrooms, and many assorted kiosks.

There, i think i ranted enough................ I am canadian

Top Bottom