EcoBoost vs 6.2L in a F 150

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would it ever! I have been talking direct with ford canada and they wanna start getting into the accessory market so you will be seeing some cool new things from ford coming in the next few years! possibly even some custom engine tunning that wont void warranty!!!!!! and I have been mentioning the ability to have eco boost in the harley model and there is is a platinum superduty coming out soon and hopefully bringing back the harley superduty!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother just got a new eco boost for a work truck (company supplied) and my first impression was "i want to sell my gmc 2500 6.0 gas for one of these" When i get back from work i am gonna hook my 24' holiday trailer up to it and see what kind of difference there is in pulling power between his truck and mine. I have been driving GM trucks since i was 17 and i am really liking the new fords. As for fuel consumption, were were pulling a 14' steel sled trailer in a strong head wind at 105km the on board computer was reading 18L/100km. The truck only had 600km on it so i hope it gets better. I can't wait to see what it gets while pulling my trailer.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a few small issues reading that forum.. From what I here the 6.2 is a pig.
Anyone tried the 5?
We tried both the Eco boost IMO was not really impressive. On paper it puts down nice numbers but it didn't do anything for me when the pedal hits the floor so to speak. We went with the 5.0 in the wife's truck and really impressed mileage is within .5 lper 100 km of the ecoboost and seems to have more real world power. Put 20 000 lm on it do far and really happy. We had each unit for a week prior to purchase.
Also heard a rumor at the dealer the other day that they are only giving the turbos a 100 k life expectancy. Could be a big pill to swallow shortly after the warranty goes out

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those are my thoughts exactly, most people are mesmorized by these trucks but I see nothing special, when you put the pedal to the floor it feels like a toy and sounds like a toy, now the 6.2L, thats a motor, has some nice sound and really feels like its all there when you stomp on it

We tried both the Eco boost IMO was not really impressive. On paper it puts down nice numbers but it didn't do anything for me when the pedal hits the floor so to speak. We went with the 5.0 in the wife's truck and really impressed mileage is within .5 lper 100 km of the ecoboost and seems to have more real world power. Put 20 000 lm on it do far and really happy. We had each unit for a week prior to purchase.
Also heard a rumor at the dealer the other day that they are only giving the turbos a 100 k life expectancy. Could be a big pill to swallow shortly after the warranty goes out

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good for your hemi. I dont recall saying hemis are bad and never buy one, if it wasent for that coil rear suspension i might b drivin one. I believe this forum was started because someone was wondering 6.2 or ecoboost,peeps that have one give there numbers and experiences for peoples can use that as info for themselves but like any other forums when someone is asking for help theres always the diehards to there brands that sit on the internet all day and look for the negative on some thing and then blab it to their friends. Before u know it everyone hates it. Its the same as sleds, quads, sidexsides. As for anyone buying a ecoboost cuz the factory numbers say 29mpg the better read the fine print cuz thats on a 2 wheel drive pickup at sea level

just sayin

thanks

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have been finding at our ford stores that for the most there has been some stupid fails on the turbo's but quite a few have been driver error lots of people hauling or just bagging on the truck getting the temps super hot for extended periods of time letting the oils heat right up then shutting them off as soon as they stop. Guys that drive diesels and turbo vehicles realise that when the turbo oils heat up and are shut down right away it can lead to major failure in the engine. The 6.2 and 5.0 are both big time impressive engines and that 6.2 has one mean sound when you romp on it. But talk to your dealer our dealership warranties the chips in the trucks and we have been doing a few ecoboosts and I gotta say for a little under $400 you can make that truck nearly 60 hp and 60 ft/lbs stronger and it really brings the truck to life!!! and when i say to life I'm saying it almost beat a dmax in town with a known 500 rwhp 1000 ft/lbs so that is pretty impressive for just a couple bolt ons to a half ton!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is also a company called kem performance that is building a 70+hp truck and over 80 torque bolt it up with intake exhaust and your almost 100 extra hp range

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well made the plung. Pick up my 2012 platinum ecoboost next weekend! First ford ever! Man hope I don't regret this!! Lol. sad see diesel burner go!!

Top Bottom