Easiest place for a newbie to ride? (Mountain)

jamoanlee

Reaction score
Have always wanted to try the mountains, just haven't had the chance until this year so where's the easiest confidence building places?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
clemina is good at Valemount. Lots of area by the cabin, a couple of easy bowls to go into. Nice trail in. Renshaw at McBride is good too, nice, long trail in, lots of open area to play near the cabin, lots of varied terrain. Both places also have plenty of areas where a newbie can get into trouble as well. Your best bet is to go with experienced people that you know and you can trust.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chappell Creekin the Valemount area is a good place for new riders as well. got some decent climbs and some nice open terrain where a guy can try some different stuff and you won't get punished to bad when you mess up.Which is part of the fun. But it is a good idea to go with experienced riders who you trust to show you around.It is a long trail in but there is lots of nice stuff for new riders.Have fun and be safe.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the previous posts about clemina in valemount and to hook up with experencied riders or if you have a group of newbies hire a guide as there are those services availble both in valemount and mcbride. Do some research on the equipment you need to be safe as well.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All above places are good most important is go with someone with mountain riding experience and your necessary gear shovel, beacon, some over nite things.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride in revy mostly and we always take new guys to frisby ridge amd get them into so powder there. Not many trees to worry about in a lot of areas, couple decent hills to practice on next to second cabin, once we go past the ridge tho they usually sh1t their pants hahahaha

jamoanlee

Reaction score
Valemount might work better for me, little bit on the closer side and my buddy's go there a couple times every season!

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
places previously posted for valemount or mcbride would be good,go with somebody who has experience in those areas or get a guide and have the safety equipment

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bell mountain in McBride for sure. Very gentle hills, usually decent snow, good trail, and a cabin. If taking a newbie to the mountains for the first time, that would be the destination. Taught my kids and wife how to ride on that hill before there was a cabin, many years ago.

Top Bottom