Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2018 - 2019

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This year has sucked everywhere, been to alot of different places all over the province snow hunting

First time in 5 years to leave sicamous to snow hunt

Hasnt sucked everywhere.......just sayin.

Some of best snow I have ridden in some spots in a few years.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn't the same as last year guys, where every ride I went was 2-3 feet plus

And no polar friggin vortex for a month

Yep last year we were spoiled , had at least couple feet of fresh almost every weekend , this year snow pack down at least 5 feet and snow maybe every 3/4 weekend ! Mother nature !!??

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn't the same as last year guys, where every ride I went was 2-3 feet plus

And no polar friggin vortex for a month

Its not last year but i'm on par with last year in rides and honestly i can say i had one day that the weather and snow conditions were not great and i was riding a local area in Sicamous, it was just ok. Otherwise it has been 2-2.5ft pow every time.
The biggest dif is i haven't rode the traditional places where all them tourist ride, they come through and its like a freckin pavement compactor came through.

BTW i'm going to be the tourist for a few days, should be good.

Last edited:

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Road last weekend, all common areas were tracked out , did manage to find some untouched, but it was mashed potatoes on top and no bottom

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Wed...It was hot up there. Parked at 4k. rode some mud on way down at end of day.

Bulldog Racing

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm working overseas and wondering what your thoughts are to a mid April trip - do you think there'll be much left to ride - home on the 12th of April?

SicLoco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm working overseas and wondering what your thoughts are to a mid April trip - do you think there'll be much left to ride - home on the 12th of April?
I've rode in June up there before but snow year was way better than this year. Mid April shouldnt be a problem for snow on top but sometimes tricky to get there

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parked at 6.5 km at owls, snow down low is going fast, unfortunately the road was plowed to 12 km till Dec 10, so I guess

Went all the way over to Gordon Sydney cabin, been a few years since a guy made the trek that way

Boy oh boy is the snow low for amount this year, not much at g. S cabin, where last year had to shovel down to get in ( seen pics)

powder dreams

Reaction score
Parked at 6.5 km at owls, snow down low is going fast, unfortunately the road was plowed to 12 km till Dec 10, so I guess

Went all the way over to Gordon Sydney cabin, been a few years since a guy made the trek that way

Boy oh boy is the snow low for amount this year, not much at g. S cabin, where last year had to shovel down to get in ( seen pics)

a momory of last year just popped up on my facebook today. we were still on the rise this time last year and riding 2' of fresh in the logging blocks over by the g.s

we rode quest on sunday. was pretty hard over there also with a crust on top of 6". sun didn't come out enough to soften things up top so we stayed low in the trees.

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of riding blue lake Saturday. Anybody know if there is a turnaround up there? Taking a trailer. Are tire chains needed or good studded winters? If anyone knows the road better then we do please let us know. We will ride Revy if it isn’t safe to try get to blue lake

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might have to drive up to 10-13 km now, we parked at 8 km last sunday

Enclosed trailers pretty hard after 10 km if there's others up there and no room, same thing with 10 km if it's full

Wrong time of year for enclosed lol

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might have to drive up to 10-13 km now, we parked at 8 km last sunday

Enclosed trailers pretty hard after 10 km if there's others up there and no room, same thing with 10 km if it's full

Wrong time of year for enclosed lol

Yeah the spring sure came fast this year. There is 3 of us going so my deck is out this weekend with this unfortunately. If we gotta go somewhere else that’s fine.

Just looking for input as I’m not as familiar in Sicamous as Revy.

How is was the snow?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the spring sure came fast this year. There is 3 of us going so my deck is out this weekend with this unfortunately. If we gotta go somewhere else that’s fine.

Just looking for input as I’m not as familiar in Sicamous as Revy.

How is was the snow?
Sucked ball sack Sunday

Saturday wasn't too bad

Top Bottom