Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2018 - 2019

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

craig3972

Reaction score
Below - the guy who ruins it for everyone else.

I see the point of the groomed trail and on my original post saying it was a cluster fawk wasn't so much about the amount of people at the cabin or at Eagles. Yes it was a busy day and the club put in a groomed trail for all to use, newbie or otherwise.
It was more aimed at a lack of consideration for other's, i have been to many cabins in the past and in general every one is very respectful of each other.
But i don't know if this weekend was special moron day at Eagles, maybe there was a memo i missed but it appeared all the misfits collected there to ride.
Yes there was definitely a very big lack of respect for the environment being rode on, that was apparent with all the highmarks on the mountain sides and busted up sleds on a high avy day. It looked like some might of ingested their dicks that day.
Also the Tim Hortons wrappers left behind on the trail.
Plus the Fireball and beer floating around in the cabin like it was coolaid. It was one day i wish the cops would had showed up.

After riding a good part of the day i said to the guys i needed to rest my arm and like i said we were down in the gas drop area so why not, i will go to the cabin and hang out for a bit and let my arm rest while you guys go play for a while and when your done come find me at the cabin.
Well, that would had been a great idea but the problem was i ended up sitting out side cause a group with a couple of busted up sleds decided to take over the cabin with their booze and boombox. I tried sitting inside but between the 100 decibel screaming boombox and the bigman tough talk from guys just out of pube trying to impress and my gear getting nearly pushed off the table because they felt they needed it. It was just best i go sit out side LOL.

I don't know where these people came from but respect for others is not in their mentality. I don't consider people like this sledders as they never earned their stripes but instead bring their ill behavior into our sport. Its too easy now for anyone without an initiation of what it takes to be a mountain sledder, only need this $$$
I did note that there was a lot of BLUE plates in the parking lot, which is unusual imo.
So did the lower mainland release all their AZZHOLES in to the interior ???? like WTF.

OK, got it off my chest i now feel better.
BTW, having a groomed trail to Eagles cabin really doesn't change much as most reasonable people really don't venture much farther then a couple small hill's over to play in a few little play areas. Most seldom go any farther then Killer hill.
But yes, i agree even then too many are over their heads the minute they get on that sled and have not earn a right of passage. But in today's society the word EARN is slowly being replaced with these word's ..THE RIGHT.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode EP today. It was extremely cold ride up. I haven’t been that cold in a long time. Don’t know what was going on here last weekend but there’s a highway everywhere you go. As for Avy, very high even in the trees. Lots of slides on North facing slopes. Big slabs that run out quite aways. Be careful out there.

SicLoco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ever met someone who's throat starts tightening up just from a peanut bar being in the same room?

Over and Out!

Jjanke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More people riding keyboards this week than snow ponies!!! The “cold” snap in revy and siccy must feel colder than the -9 that the weather network is telling me!

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it was a low -22 here in Armstrong since Sunday and only warmed up a bit yesterday/today.

More people riding keyboards this week than snow ponies!!! The “cold” snap in revy and siccy must feel colder than the -9 that the weather network is telling me!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It's not too cold....Just isn't any new snow and its rode out.

Top Bottom