Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2018 - 2019

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EP has gone to chit. Way too busy. It used to be respected as a more advanced zone with bigger consequences for riders that had more experience. Now everyone is up there and most have no idea of the consequences and no business being off the training hill at Blue Lake. The only positive is a lot of them don't know any good pockets and just stay around the cabin.
I totally agree

Even owls, there was this guy Saturday b. S ING about his 15 t3163 overheating

Then he pipes up, is there Avalanche places at owls we don't want to be in Avalanche places ..... I'm like not before the cabin, then he's like oh but we want to go past the cabin.... All I could think is, holy hell bat man, I'll be up this evening looking for this guy
cabin.....says it all. While I understand the amount of effort that went into the cabin, and its a great cabin, not having a cabin discouraged many of the people from going to Eagles. I think I have been in it twice out of 30-40+ rides into Eagles since it was built.
Not only the cabin, a smooth trail In And out

Back in the years it was not groomed much, just like silent pass, and kept the warm and fuzzys out

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I know EP's been a cruel mistress but not a shot at you Dennis. These are public areas and open to everyone and how do you progress your skills if you don't move to more advanced zones? The first time I was in EP was with Mike (Lund) and I had no business being in there for at least a couple more years.

I totally agree

Even owls, there was this guy Saturday b. S ING about his 15 t3163 overheating

Then he pipes up, is there Avalanche places at owls we don't want to be in Avalanche places ..... I'm like not before the cabin, then he's like oh but we want to go past the cabin.... All I could think is, holy hell bat man, I'll be up this evening looking for this guy Not only the cabin, a smooth trail In And out

Back in the years it was not groomed much, just like silent pass, and kept the warm and fuzzys out
It's a tough balance. If the sport doesn't grow it will die but when it grows too quickly we have a lot of inexperienced users in over their heads and the recreation areas are borderline too busy.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats funny. When we ride into the Eagles pass from the Boulder mountain parking lot we never see anyone. Wonder why that is :confused: haha

It is 100x funner to ride into Eagles pass from the Boulder parking lot. Just sayin...

P4030319.jpg

P4030322.jpg

P4030338.jpg

P4030339.jpg

P4030350.jpg

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eagles scares the P*ss out of me. I get so turned around in there its crazy. Been doing this along time and i have no business going past the cabin there without someone extremely knowledgeable of the area. i Blame carl, always takes us in one way and then takes us out another way never even passing the cabin just to make sure we can never find those spots again. LOL.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats funny. When we ride into the Eagles pass from the Boulder mountain parking lot we never see anyone. Wonder why that is :confused: haha

It is 100x funner to ride into Eagles pass from the Boulder parking lot. Just sayin...

My first time to this area buddy took me from Boulder parking lot to turbo hill, off the back down a drainage up turtle over into eagles pass and then back to boulder via something he called back way to turtle trail and Kirkup trail. Heck of an initiation to BC riding and an eye opener. Needed the spare fuel to get back to the truck and get more to take back to the cat guys that used their spare fuel up and ran out one we hit the Kirkup.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first time to this area buddy took me from Boulder parking lot to turbo hill, off the back down a drainage up turtle over into eagles pass and then back to boulder via something he called back way to turtle trail and Kirkup trail. Heck of an initiation to BC riding and an eye opener. Needed the spare fuel to get back to the truck and get more to take back to the cat guys that used their spare fuel up and ran out one we hit the Kirkup.

Haha yeah it's definitely not the groomed trail!
So fun though.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eagles scares the P*ss out of me. I get so turned around in there its crazy. Been doing this along time and i have no business going past the cabin there without someone extremely knowledgeable of the area. i Blame carl, always takes us in one way and then takes us out another way never even passing the cabin just to make sure we can never find those spots again. LOL.

Yeah riding anywhere near trees must be difficult for you Valemount guys

Lol

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see the point of the groomed trail and on my original post saying it was a cluster fawk wasn't so much about the amount of people at the cabin or at Eagles. Yes it was a busy day and the club put in a groomed trail for all to use, newbie or otherwise.
It was more aimed at a lack of consideration for other's, i have been to many cabins in the past and in general every one is very respectful of each other.
But i don't know if this weekend was special moron day at Eagles, maybe there was a memo i missed but it appeared all the misfits collected there to ride.
Yes there was definitely a very big lack of respect for the environment being rode on, that was apparent with all the highmarks on the mountain sides and busted up sleds on a high avy day. It looked like some might of ingested their dicks that day.
Also the Tim Hortons wrappers left behind on the trail.
Plus the Fireball and beer floating around in the cabin like it was coolaid. It was one day i wish the cops would had showed up.

After riding a good part of the day i said to the guys i needed to rest my arm and like i said we were down in the gas drop area so why not, i will go to the cabin and hang out for a bit and let my arm rest while you guys go play for a while and when your done come find me at the cabin.
Well, that would had been a great idea but the problem was i ended up sitting out side cause a group with a couple of busted up sleds decided to take over the cabin with their booze and boombox. I tried sitting inside but between the 100 decibel screaming boombox and the bigman tough talk from guys just out of pube trying to impress and my gear getting nearly pushed off the table because they felt they needed it. It was just best i go sit out side LOL.

I don't know where these people came from but respect for others is not in their mentality. I don't consider people like this sledders as they never earned their stripes but instead bring their ill behavior into our sport. Its too easy now for anyone without an initiation of what it takes to be a mountain sledder, only need this $$$
I did note that there was a lot of BLUE plates in the parking lot, which is unusual imo.
So did the lower mainland release all their AZZHOLES in to the interior ???? like WTF.

OK, got it off my chest i now feel better.
BTW, having a groomed trail to Eagles cabin really doesn't change much as most reasonable people really don't venture much farther then a couple small hill's over to play in a few little play areas. Most seldom go any farther then Killer hill.
But yes, i agree even then too many are over their heads the minute they get on that sled and have not earn a right of passage. But in today's society the word EARN is slowly being replaced with these word's ..THE RIGHT.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see the point of the groomed trail and on my original post saying it was a cluster fawk wasn't so much about the amount of people at the cabin or at Eagles. Yes it was a busy day and the club put in a groomed trail for all to use, newbie or otherwise.
It was more aimed at a lack of consideration for other's, i have been to many cabins in the past and in general every one is very respectful of each other.
But i don't know if this weekend was special moron day at Eagles, maybe there was a memo i missed but it appeared all the misfits collected there to ride.
Yes there was definitely a very big lack of respect for the environment being rode on, that was apparent with all the highmarks on the mountain sides and busted up sleds on a high avy day. It looked like some might of ingested their dicks that day.
Also the Tim Hortons wrappers left behind on the trail.
Plus the Fireball and beer floating around in the cabin like it was coolaid. It was one day i wish the cops would had showed up.

After riding a good part of the day i said to the guys i needed to rest my arm and like i said we were down in the gas drop area so why not, i will go to the cabin and hang out for a bit and let my arm rest while you guys go play for a while and when your done come find me at the cabin.
Well, that would had been a great idea but the problem was i ended up sitting out side cause a group with a couple of busted up sleds decided to take over the cabin with their booze and boombox. I tried sitting inside but between the 100 decibel screaming boombox and the bigman tough talk from guys just out of pube trying to impress and my gear getting nearly pushed off the table because they felt they needed it. It was just best i go sit out side LOL.

I don't know where these people came from but respect for others is not in their mentality. I don't consider people like this sledders as they never earned their stripes but instead bring their ill behavior into our sport. Its too easy now for anyone without an initiation of what it takes to be a mountain sledder, only need this $$$
I did note that there was a lot of BLUE plates in the parking lot, which is unusual imo.
So did the lower mainland release all their AZZHOLES in to the interior ???? like WTF.

OK, got it off my chest i now feel better.
BTW, having a groomed trail to Eagles cabin really doesn't change much as most reasonable people really don't venture much farther then a couple small hill's over to play in a few little play areas. Most seldom go any farther then Killer hill.
But yes, i agree even then too many are over their heads the minute they get on that sled and have not earn a right of passage. But in today's society the word EARN is slowly being replaced with these word's ..THE RIGHT.
That's normal for that cabin. Everyone feels they need to show off a big swinging dick cause it's Eagles. Some of them can ride, many can't.

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Over the Christmas break eagles was really busy. And the reason was because blue lake was turning people away since the lot was full, and there was no 4-place access at owls head. So the staff were telling people to go ride eagles. Never seen the cabin so busy before but our day was great as it was socked in and didn’t see anyone past roller coaster had the whole backside to ourselves. There was a group of 20+ (who I assume were newer to the area) all watching a few guys pull lines up the North side of the first lake. so to your points above, as long as you know your way past the killers and RC, the extra traffic only affects the seat space in the cabin.

Reaction score
Anyone have any snow updates this morning, Sitting at the monashee motel this am trying to decide where to ride today. Avy conditions got me a little spooked to ride into eagles.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any snow updates this morning, Sitting at the monashee motel this am trying to decide where to ride today. Avy conditions got me a little spooked to ride into eagles.
I'm sorry for ya, Euwwww the monashee

Sorry no snow conditions, haven't been up since Sunday, but yes avy conditions not good, eagles is OK you just have to stay away from the traps and keep to low angle stuff

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I. C your from Rocky, anyone else out with ya I might know?? Used to live there few years ago

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And yes the monashee has a certain smell to it. New lino in the bathroom though
Room 23 if I recall, years ago buddy had some broad in there and broke the toilet off in some sexy time action lmfao

It will have newer one lol

Oh the old days lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom