Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2015/16

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I said old boys not young bucks haha
There are more places than the ones mentioned I have seen some pretty good slab slides right off skinny and also back in bob bar lake area
All depends on snowpack and weather. The bad spots are everywhere, years I worked doing avy control work has me allways looking.

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any new snow condition updates at the usual riding areas, Eagles, Blue,Queest and Owls? Thanks in advance!

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BillDozer and I hit Blue again, this time working all of the meadows areas. What can I say, a totally perfect day, trail was groomed and real spanky, blue skies and sunshine, and powder snow to the bumper in many places and over the hood through drifts and gulleys in other places, couldn't have been much better! The other bonus was that we had the honor of tracking up all the snow before anyone else showed up, from the lowest meadow right up through the trees to the height of land, and all the way over to Foggy Bowl and down there as well! We then had a look below the cabin, very little traffic and in fact we again tracked out many areas that weren't yet touched, I don't know where everyone was hiding! From Blue we headed back over to Owl's and again, not nearly as much snow as Blue, so we didn't spend to much time over there. Other than that, BillDozer did some tree harvesting and practiced his Barrel Roll maneuver. You have to admit BillDozer that I was pretty docile with you today, camera wise!!

Attachments

• 160206b.jpg
    160206b.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 453
  • 160206c.jpg
    160206c.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 448
  • 160206a.jpg
    160206a.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 460

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BillDozer and I hit Blue again, this time working all of the meadows areas. What can I say, a totally perfect day, trail was groomed and real spanky, blue skies and sunshine, and powder snow to the bumper in many places and over the hood through drifts and gulleys in other places, couldn't have been much better! The other bonus was that we had the honor of tracking up all the snow before anyone else showed up, from the lowest meadow right up through the trees to the height of land, and all the way over to Foggy Bowl and down there as well! We then had a look below the cabin, very little traffic and in fact we again tracked out many areas that weren't yet touched, I don't know where everyone was hiding! From Blue we headed back over to Owl's and again, not nearly as much snow as Blue, so we didn't spend to much time over there. Other than that, BillDozer did some tree harvesting and practiced his Barrel Roll maneuver. You have to admit BillDozer that I was pretty docile with you today, camera wise!!
Hahaha not many "incidents" for me today but that picture looks like someone shot my sled !!!!

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any updates on eagles?

Parking at km 4 for trucks and decks, trailers to km 2 (huge lot on right plowed out) way to many sleds were in their on Saturday prob close to 200, we tracked the burn up pretty good, stuck to low angle slopes...lots of instability, shooting cracks, and lots coming down in places it normally doesn't. On Sunday we went back and headed for the backside, backside was punched out pretty good from the Saturday warriors. Pushed back to a couple secret stashes and found some really good snow way back in but Avalanche conditions and wind blown snow was the deciding factor and end of the trek so we turned back. We ventured back out towards the cabin and went and played in the burn again, and had a great day. Play smart, we left lots of slopes untouched for good reason.

guido88gt

Reaction score
If it wasn't tracked out. Would the snow be good? Wondering if the warm Temps turned the snow to concrete .

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was mashed potatoes on Monday, never went up Tuesday cause mehhhh mashed potatoes suck lol

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming into town Friday night and riding Sat,Sun. Any other off the hill reports would be appreciated! Looks like some precip is on its way...hopefully the freezing level comes down

BankBuster

Reaction score
Rode Owls today. Nice clear warm day. Snow was pretty setup, not good. There might be an inch or two of fresh. Back in Hunters there was a little more soft in out of the way places. It was not mash potatoes as it was still cool up top, just not the over the hood powder we love... We unloaded at 2km with truck and deck. First km was pure gravel... Going to Eagles tomorrow as we hope there is more powder there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom