Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2015/16

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting worked up already are we! Hate to burst your bubbles but I was up Owl's a few days ago and I couldn't find any snow, go figure! Billdozer, had java with an acquaintance of yours last week, Demo aka Brian. He said you don't sled worth a sh$*t, that true!!!! Sherm

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting worked up already are we! Hate to burst your bubbles but I was up Owl's a few days ago and I couldn't find any snow, go figure! Billdozer, had java with an acquaintance of yours last week, Demo aka Brian. He said you don't sled worth a sh$*t, that true!!!! Sherm
:( Nice....

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha not even any snow and the trash talking is starting, love it!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This winter I plan to get a ride in with you two, just got to find a time to do it

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was up hunters on Saturday with sxs and it was snowing pretty hard. Even stayed on the trees!

12019907_10153034906561573_4281850646905984478_n.jpg

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow.jpg There's snow in them thar hills! Well, not our hills, but I was going through Golden early this AM and their stuff got a pretty decent dusting up top! That and pouring rain all through the Pass and only 37F so it won't be long for those wayyyyyyyyy up spots! OK, so maybe 110kmh isn't the best speed for taking pictures early in the morning! Sorry Bill, no fuzzy stuff for you this time! Sherm

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slide1.jpg Slide2.jpg Slide3.jpg Did a trip up Perry River Rd. to go and check out the Bourne Glacier access area, didn't make it! At about 40km they (Gov't) are building a new road to bypass an old section that keeps washing out and in fact, is currently still washed out for a good 1/2km. They built the road to the west side of where it used to be but now it keeps having to be closed due to mud slides! We talked to the contractor that was there and he said this was the second time they've had to clear the road, the mud is up to 8' deep in spots. He said its going to keep happening due to where they put the road, along a spot that is all mud/sand and will slide everytime it rains! Hmmmmmmm, Liberal govn't??? He said he didn't care, he gets paid by the hour and I couldn't agree with him more. We did try the old road, traversing over rock and boulders to get back to the existing road but about 2kms along the road was FUBAR'd, totally cut off by a huge side hill bank slide that went down at good 150'! There is no doubt that this will slide very soon, as the present bank is totally "undercut" and is just waiting to let go, along with the 1 ton rocks on the edge. Anyways, I didn't find any snow other than seeing the glacier when we went up to Mustang Powder. I also put in a pic of the brand new $450K engineered bridge that is now closed. Because some brain child didn't allow extra room under the bridge for debris, a big jesus log hit the 5' wide steel beam and bent it in a foot! Good thing I didn't last long in school...Sherm

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cummins3.jpg Cummins2.jpg

News alert, no snow up at Blue today either! Sure was a good ride though, GPS'd the new logging roads so now Billdozer can find his way outta that hole we dropped into last season! If we get 14' of snow there'll be some great new areas to tear up, but there is still logging equipment up there so not sure whats going on. That pic of the road is the ugly corner at 15km, fixed up real nice by the logging company, its a groomers dream corner now! Sherm

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So here's a new tidbit with respect to Sled/ATV licensing. 3rd attempt, ATV, no brainer but a bit of a PITA. I do have the original transfer form from the previous owner back in '05 but that's not good enough, still have to swear an Affidavit saying exactly what it says on the transfer form, whatever. The sled stuff has changed sort of, maybe, kinda. You now have the choice of either a plate or a decal, but there's a catch. Where originally it was thought that the plate/reg would follow each owner, that is not true. The plate or decal will always stay with the person that bought them originally. So, if I sell my ATV with the plate on it that I bought, I keep the plate but the ATV is registered in the new owners name, simple, just like a car. The sled stuff is a little more weird. If I buy a plate, then when I get rid of the sled I keep the plate and the sled is registered in the new owners name. However, if I get the decal, I have to peel the decal off (non reusable) and then purchase another decal if I have another sled that needs it! At least with the plate you won't have to buy another plate for your new or used sled. Ya, I can hear the whiners already, "ya, I'll just get the fricking decal and put it in my pack and that's good enough, I won't stick it to the sled!!" routine. Whatever zipperheads, do what you will, just don't be whining on here when that "prick cop"(as stated in a previous post)" writes you up for Failing to Display . Anyways, that's the latest, I'm thinking the plate might be the way to go now! Sherm

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So here's a new tidbit with respect to Sled/ATV licensing. 3rd attempt, ATV, no brainer but a bit of a PITA. I do have the original transfer form from the previous owner back in '05 but that's not good enough, still have to swear an Affidavit saying exactly what it says on the transfer form, whatever. The sled stuff has changed sort of, maybe, kinda. You now have the choice of either a plate or a decal, but there's a catch. Where originally it was thought that the plate/reg would follow each owner, that is not true. The plate or decal will always stay with the person that bought them originally. So, if I sell my ATV with the plate on it that I bought, I keep the plate but the ATV is registered in the new owners name, simple, just like a car. The sled stuff is a little more weird. If I buy a plate, then when I get rid of the sled I keep the plate and the sled is registered in the new owners name. However, if I get the decal, I have to peel the decal off (non reusable) and then purchase another decal if I have another sled that needs it! At least with the plate you won't have to buy another plate for your new or used sled. Ya, I can hear the whiners already, "ya, I'll just get the fricking decal and put it in my pack and that's good enough, I won't stick it to the sled!!" routine. Whatever zipperheads, do what you will, just don't be whining on here when that "prick cop"(as stated in a previous post)" writes you up for Failing to Display . Anyways, that's the latest, I'm thinking the plate might be the way to go now! Sherm

I won't whine about it I promise. Not too worried about it though. If I have to pay a ticket once in a while that is ok with me.

Thanks for the snow updates though.

Last edited:

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, display the plate or pay a ticket, sounds like it'd be cheaper in the long run to throw the plate on, but then that's just me! Licensed my stuff up today, going with the plate on the quad and sled, you can also get decals for your quad but sameo problem should you get rid of it, have to peel the decal off then. I just hope the extra weight of the plate won't affect the performance of the orange rocket! Sherm

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, display the plate or pay a ticket, sounds like it'd be cheaper in the long run to throw the plate on, but then that's just me! Licensed my stuff up today, going with the plate on the quad and sled, you can also get decals for your quad but sameo problem should you get rid of it, have to peel the decal off then. I just hope the extra weight of the plate won't affect the performance of the orange rocket! Sherm

I hear yea. I just don't want to drill holes(I run Alberta plates) in my sled and there is no where to put the plate on my Back Country Mountain Machine that looks good to me. Not like I'm riding the thing down Hiway 1

Cheaper to display plate maybe, but that's not the point.

Thanks for the warning though. Ill probably just avoid the busy parking lots.

Last edited:
Top Bottom