Eagle Valley / Sicamous Updates 2015/16

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told this was yesterday. Lots of wind and ice. Not heading to Sicamous until I see better conditions that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drove in last night and it was snowing hard from quartz to malakwa, the snow that was falling changed from three valley gap to the kwa. Big fluffy flakes till TVG and much finer snow from there to the kwa. Spoke with a buddy and it was raining in Sicy. They went for a ride up Eagles today, I will report later when I hear from them later in the day, I'm hoping to get out riding over the next few days.

Ray509

Reaction score
Ill be in sicamous next week tuesday - thursday

Ray509

Reaction score
Anyone plan on riding those days ?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
son in law went up to hunters today. Said there was about 4-5 ft at front chalet and snowing pretty hard all day. He said it was the best first ride he has ever had this time of year.

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Met up with the boy's that rode Eagles today and they said they couldn't even get to the gas drop as a result of the logging?? The one fella has been there many times??? They rode around all day looking and said the snow was deep but it was bad vis.. Sorry wish I had some type of news...

335i

Reaction score
Haven't been up yet but was told that they changed the trail. At km21 we now will go up instead of going through the slide area. Also I heard they're logging to km 4 and they were trying to figure out what to do about parking

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so at Club meeting last nite, yes trail goes up at 21 km and comes out above Gas drop and hidden lake - start of the burn

Because the avy issues for the groomer past 21 km they had to go up

As far as logging at 4, yes most the winter they are, but there is talk of using lower lot, them leaving some snow on road, and changing the law ( making a exemption) for riding on a plowed fsr road.... Otherwise not much room to park at 4 km, unless they make a huge lot

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they do open the road and lower lot, every one will have to be patient because there will be two workers with radios

If a logging truck is going up or down u will have to wait

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crap.. I forgot about the meeting. Well that would explain things then. Just heading out to meet the boys now, not sure where were riding but will report later.

SUPERDUTY

Reaction score
Ok so at Club meeting last nite, yes trail goes up at 21 km and comes out above Gas drop and hidden lake - start of the burn

Because the avy issues for the groomer past 21 km they had to go up

As far as logging at 4, yes most the winter they are, but there is talk of using lower lot, them leaving some snow on road, and changing the law ( making a exemption) for riding on a plowed fsr road.... Otherwise not much room to park at 4 km, unless they make a huge lot
So with the changes to the trail in I wonder how much time is cut off getting up to the burn area... Hopefully they push in a new bigger parking lot in around the 4 km mark, last couple of years have been crappy getting up there with the logging going on...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it has, unfortunately the logging trumps sled clubs, which we are working on to make it fair

Last year sled club just broke close to even with all the logging and crappy snow

There was 252 day passes sold at queest last year, compared to 900 and up in the years prior

Logging screwed it up bad

Good thing the season's passes sold went way up, as that's what kept the club in the green

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as bigger lot at 4 km, there's only so much room at eagles up the road, as it follows the river valley

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in talking to Rory in SA today, he showed me some pics of their November 11th ride up Queest, I think we missed the boat on that one! What a beauty day they had, looked more like January 11th, unbelievable snow and he said the sledding was amazing, and you gotta know Rory tells it like it is! Billdozer, you getting this!

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in talking to Rory in SA today, he showed me some pics of their November 11th ride up Queest, I think we missed the boat on that one! What a beauty day they had, looked more like January 11th, unbelievable snow and he said the sledding was amazing, and you gotta know Rory tells it like it is! Billdozer, you getting this!
I am in Vancouver till Sunday next week I think we gotta go!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry boys, Sunday I'm got to commit mass murder on as many snow flakes as I can, might be nothing left

But if u can ride Monday, might be up for that

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did Rory say how far up staging was on Queest. If anyone else knows please chime in.

Top Bottom