Eagle Valley / Sicamous Conditions 2020-2021

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh my it must be untouched Pow up there no one posting no one riding sigh..............

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Geez - everyone all hush , hush about all the powder there shredding !! Site pretty quiet !

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Definitely snow more down low 2day - owls area could use a 3ft dump to fill up creeks , etc ! Ice fog was terrible the higher u went , almost slight drizzle at times , main areas in desperate needed refresh - pretty tracked out ! Did manage to find some of the beaten path untouched areas !
18dd2d0c263b2811007664a593652d23.jpg
9f896570b0345f0badd62f1d0f78636e.jpg
164b4a80a9adde8141ee973a111df130.jpg

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Had a great New Year's eve ride with my favourite gal. Owlhead was busy today but you wouldn't know it where we were. Ran into a young couple from Calgary and had a good chat, saw Wild Bill with another "customer", and other than that there was nobody in our areas. I decided to make a trail along the groomed trail from Owl's cabin to the old horse warden's cabin. It was an adventure with a few stucks and wondering where we were times. But that is what exploring is all about!! No tracks for the most part, the snow was awesome, and one couldn't ask for a better day. Didn't probe, shovelled lots in the creeks (Bev gets a little nervous and forgets when to use the throttle), came home tired and thirsty.

We could always use some more snow and some days a little more talent! Happy New Year guys!!

IMG_5589.jpg

IMG_5585.jpeg

IMG_5587.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5589.jpeg
    IMG_5589.jpeg
    26.6 KB · Views: 604

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a great New Year's eve ride with my favourite gal. Owlhead was busy today but you wouldn't know it where we were. Ran into a young couple from Calgary and had a good chat, saw Wild Bill with another "customer", and other than that there was nobody in our areas. I decided to make a trail along the groomed trail from Owl's cabin to the old horse warden's cabin. It was an adventure with a few stucks and wondering where we were times. But that is what exploring is all about!! No tracks for the most part, the snow was awesome, and one couldn't ask for a better day. Didn't probe, shovelled lots in the creeks (Bev gets a little nervous and forgets when to use the throttle), came home tired and thirsty.

We could always use some more snow and some days a little more talent! Happy New Year guys!!

View attachment 231344

View attachment 231345

View attachment 231346
Did that treck few years ago - but there was more snow ! Yup there are a few creeks in the venture!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

View attachment 231344

View attachment 231345

View attachment 231346

Wild bills customers???

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Rained all day in Salmon Arm yesterday. Expected more snow up top than what there was today in Owls. Generally, 30+cm and cnosiderably more in the wind blown drifts. Trail gets good at 13 km with enough snow for cooling and enough snow that the grooming was good from there up. Trail into Owls was rough and not as smooth as the connector. Beauty of a day.............even saw the sun for awhile.

IMG_5614.jpeg

IMG_5616.jpeg

IMG_5609.jpeg

IMG_5612.jpeg

No damage to her sled, a few lower branches were cut and other than that no damage to the tree, and a little bit of pride was damaged. A good day being a meadow muffin today!!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Owlhead today A bit of new up higher and not to bad. Still have to be careful in creeks. Spent about an hour shoveling after busting thru. The trail up is tore up and first two k is gravel and mudd. They are parking in lot but really should be staging at two k lot Its plowed out. We need more snow and cooler weather

Last edited:

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Blue Lake staging area is closed for logging. Not sure if you can still access from owls or not. Rode eagles instead. Was Blue Bird and sunny most of the day.

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Blue Lake staging area is closed for logging. Not sure if you can still access from owls or not. Rode eagles instead. Was Blue Bird and sunny most of the day.
How's eagles? Anyone been back into queest?
Technologyless neighbours leaving tonight for a week split between rev and sic and radioed over this morning. Guy can program auto steer in a tractor but won't text you or check conditions on the laptop.

Top Bottom