Eagle Valley / Sicamous Conditions 2020-2021

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Be January before I'm there this year if Covid allows it

Oh you can come Ken.
Its only Alberta thats uucked up. IMHO
Its sledding. social distancing at its finest.
We are to old for damn late nights at any night clubs.
Sled, eat, sleep....and repeat.. LOL

Gonna be a slow year for touring/guiding with no over seas or states clients.

Damns, there I go again...Hijacking or off topic on the thread.

SNOW IS THE SHEETS...Pheew. back on topic.

Aw damn.....this is a Sicy thread not Revy.........

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im planning on coming down to sicamous for the annual February shenanigan, better be ready to ride again Tex.
Well, hope I start getting the kitty

Need some good snow and days and more seat time

Been a few weeks since I road, as snow sucks

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So rode Eagles on fri. !! and we were only ones there. Groomed to alpine then moguls as deep as hell. The snow was hard as rock. Sled was over heating all day. Ice on trees. About a 2 in. frozen layer on top.
Rode Mustang Powder on Sat. 12, Its open to sleds until Dec 25, then closed again. Its a 21 Km drive in on FSR road. Have chains is a good idea. Parking is limited, Decks only a good idea. Trail up is very whooped out, Snow was set up but there was about a 6 ins powder base to play on.
Reload is coming so be safe as there is a ice layer it will be sitting on.

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So rode Eagles on fri. !! and we were only ones there. Groomed to alpine then moguls as deep as hell. The snow was hard as rock. Sled was over heating all day. Ice on trees. About a 2 in. frozen layer on top.
Rode Mustang Powder on Sat. 12, Its open to sleds until Dec 25, then closed again. Its a 21 Km drive in on FSR road. Have chains is a good idea. Parking is limited, Decks only a good idea. Trail up is very whooped out, Snow was set up but there was about a 6 ins powder base to play on.
Reload is coming so be safe as there is a ice layer it will be sitting on.
No room for a 2 place?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Rode Owls today. Lower parking lot full with the overflow having about 10 trucks in it. Parking at 3 km had 20 trucks. So it was busy. Dirt for about 1.5 - 2 km up and then the snow starts. Smooth road up to the turn off to east Owls (6.5 km) and then the whoops. With the new snow yesterday, the measuring stick (ApexAlpineCam) has 4 and a half feet or 137 cm. I probed from 105-137 throughout the day. The snow is low. Lots of creeks need a big dump. The 105 cm probe was in a meadow before the Owl cabin; 45 cm of nice snow on top of a 5 cm crust with garbage underneath. Scary snow pack!! We were meadow muffins today.

IMG_5529.jpeg

IMG_5522.jpeg

IMG_5523.jpeg

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Owls today. Lower parking lot full with the overflow having about 10 trucks in it. Parking at 3 km had 20 trucks. So it was busy. Dirt for about 1.5 - 2 km up and then the snow starts. Smooth road up to the turn off to east Owls (6.5 km) and then the whoops. With the new snow yesterday, the measuring stick (ApexAlpineCam) has 4 and a half feet or 137 cm. I probed from 105-137 throughout the day. The snow is low. Lots of creeks need a big dump. The 105 cm probe was in a meadow before the Owl cabin; 45 cm of nice snow on top of a 5 cm crust with garbage underneath. Scary snow pack!! We were meadow muffins today.

View attachment 231094

View attachment 231095

View attachment 231096
Call you the noon crew lol

Seen you leaving sa at lunch

I. D be half outa gas by lunch lol

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

View attachment 231094

View attachment 231095

View attachment 231096

Haven't been out for awhile... that looks a little dirty.

Top Bottom