Eagle Valley / Sicamous Conditions 2019-2020

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little inversion action on Queest today.
Got lost. Found epic pow. Made it home. Can't really complain. 20191229_114718.jpg

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got lost lol

Glad I didn't have to come look for ya tonight
Haha nah we were good! Just a little bewildering in the fog. Glad we had GPS and a map.

Were you out 2 nights ago? Heard some riders were a little deep.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha nah we were good! Just a little bewildering in the fog. Glad we had GPS and a map.

Were you out 2 nights ago? Heard some riders were a little deep.

Yup I was part of the search group, and they were alot deep , I even asked myself why I was down there at one point. But we got them all out and down the hill so that's good

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup I was part of the search group, and they were alot deep , I even asked myself why I was down there at one point. But we got them all out and down the hill so that's good
Thanks for volunteering Tex. Hopefully they were appreciative and took you out for a steak.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be way more receptive to buying you a steak and some drinks than spending a night on the hill. But that's me.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be way more receptive to buying you a steak and some drinks than spending a night on the hill. But that's me.
Lol ya

Mabe it's the age group we picked up

Same for me, I. D be buying steaks and drinks if was reversed

I'm just glad we got them outa there, even if it was on my time and dime to help

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol ya

Mabe it's the age group we picked up

Same for me, I. D be buying steaks and drinks if was reversed

I'm just glad we got them outa there, even if it was on my time and dime to help

Yah , thats just bad morals , seems they just expect it ! One day waaayyy back in Blue few sledders came up to our group , asked them if they knew where they where - they said no ! I did ask them to tag along and they were much appreciated to follow! Took them for a very good and long tour ! They thanked us at end of day ! Later out for dinner saw them at restaurant and said hi again ! To my amazement when we went to pay for dinner it already had been taken care of ! -- there still respectful people in this society!

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And your right, there still are a few good folks out there. I'm thinking a nice donation to SAR goes a long ways as well. You see all the time and resources put in to a "rescue" and as Tex says its all on their dime, a couple bucks to the organization is chump change compared to recovery costs. Thumbs up for SAR! ����

Yah , thats just bad morals , seems they just expect it ! One day waaayyy back in Blue few sledders came up to our group , asked them if they knew where they where - they said no ! I did ask them to tag along and they were much appreciated to follow! Took them for a very good and long tour ! They thanked us at end of day ! Later out for dinner saw them at restaurant and said hi again ! To my amazement when we went to pay for dinner it already had been taken care of ! -- there still respectful people in this society!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And your right, there still are a few good folks out there. I'm thinking a nice donation to SAR goes a long ways as well. You see all the time and resources put in to a "rescue" and as Tex says its all on their dime, a couple bucks to the organization is chump change compared to recovery costs. Thumbs up for SAR! ����
Actually, this one wasn't a sar call, it was all sledderz helping sledderz, from a call out for help

Sar was called by the time we got to the lot (assuming from there inreach) , but told them to stand down for now, and we will try and get them out first

Sar would have waited till the day light and probably used chopper to get them out, which leaves the sleds there, and really doesn't help the cause to get them out being cold enough and all

They were thankful forsure, just not steak dinner thankful I guess

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
2Well guys, I've got 6-8" or 15-20 cm in the driveway in Salmon Arm. Gonna be deep. This system is supposed to run for the rest of the day and a couple more days before it is through. Avalanche cycle will be HIGH or maybe EXTREME. Two "atmospheric rivers" back to back and then the infamous "Pineapple Express" to dump more on us.

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Well guys, I've got 6-8" or 30-40 cm in the driveway in Salmon Arm. Gonna be deep. This system is supposed to run for the rest of the day and a couple more days before it is through. Avalanche cycle will be HIGH or maybe EXTREME. Two "atmospheric rivers" back to back and then the infamous "Pineapple Express" to dump more on us.

30cm = 12"

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then definitely a box of beer at the very least, a BIG box!! Good on ya for doing that, gonna put you on my speed dial!!!:cool:

Actually, this one wasn't a sar call, it was all sledderz helping sledderz, from a call out for help

Sar was called by the time we got to the lot (assuming from there inreach) , but told them to stand down for now, and we will try and get them out first

Sar would have waited till the day light and probably used chopper to get them out, which leaves the sleds there, and really doesn't help the cause to get them out being cold enough and all

don.bogart.5

Reaction score

Seems to be a bit of a trend in last ten years I call it the priveledged generation.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if anyone of you guys can send some of your snow to my area I will be forever grateful

Top Bottom