Eagle Valley / Sicamous Conditions 2019-2020

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Billdozer and I broke in a new guy today, lets just call him Mr. Orange for now! I worked with Mr. O way back in the 80s in Kelowna and time has brought us back together!!:friends:Mr. O acquired my '15 sled and found it to be more than adequate for his needs, this was his first time in this kinda riding. We worked the meadows/cutblocks past Owls, 8000 sledders in the parking lot and we never met one all day!! Another epic outing without a doubt, snow to the headlight in the bottoms of the cutblocks where no one else ventures, even quite a few meadow areas that were totally untouched! We didn't leave much for anyone else, sorry, with all the traffic we figured there was no point. Vis great, snow great, a little sunshine and great company. Mr. O was even treated to the infamous Billdozer Barrel Roll, just a great all round day!!!

Attachments

• 200103a.jpg
    200103a.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 585
  • 200103b.jpg
    200103b.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 592
  • 200103d.jpg
    200103d.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 586
  • 200103e.jpg
    200103e.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 581
  • 200103f.jpg
    200103f.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 595
  • 200103g.jpg
    200103g.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 591
  • 200103c.jpg
    200103c.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 590

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Well, where to start? The snow didn't disappoint! It was deep but obviously it was busy on Thursday (Christmas company left around noon, so we didn't make the effort to get out for a couple hours of riding) as we were deep into the trees to find untracked. But find untracked we did!! Probed 205-210 in some quiet places in the trees and there weren't the heavy buried crusts that we found earlier in Blue Lake. The snow is sweet with a great base. It is funny that with 2 meters of snow cover, there are still other peoples' stumps from previous years lurking to grab unsuspecting customers. There is more snow in Salmon Arm than in Sicamous and rumour has it that in Hunters and toward Cherryville it is even deeper!!

IMG_4132.jpg

There is a sled in this picture.........
IMG_4133.jpg

You can see a red grip if you look hard.........
IMG_4135.JPEG

It wasn't a stuck for the record books but no damage was occurred and no trees were destroyed........
IMG_4137.jpg

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, where to start? The snow didn't disappoint! It was deep but obviously it was busy on Thursday (Christmas company left around noon, so we didn't make the effort to get out for a couple hours of riding) as we were deep into the trees to find untracked. But find untracked we did!! Probed 205-210 in some quiet places in the trees and there weren't the heavy buried crusts that we found earlier in Blue Lake. The snow is sweet with a great base. It is funny that with 2 meters of snow cover, there are still other peoples' stumps from previous years lurking to grab unsuspecting customers. There is more snow in Salmon Arm than in Sicamous and rumour has it that in Hunters and toward Cherryville it is even deeper!!

View attachment 221456

There is a sled in this picture.........
View attachment 221457

You can see a red grip if you look hard.........
View attachment 221458

It wasn't a stuck for the record books but no damage was occurred and no trees were destroyed........
View attachment 221459

Is that a signature Ferniesnow fan belt in the last picture?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yes, it is. A used serpentine belt that has many stucks recorded on it. So much easier than trying to store the Bungie puller. IMHO, it works just as well but there is a method to get it to work to the maximum performance.

I have a story. Big Mike Scarpelli, out of Fernie, weighing in at 250# with arms like my legs was pulling on that baby with all his strength one day, and it didn't even break. They are the bestes!!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doug, I hope you have a probe from this millennium hiding in your pack and that antique is just a picture prop?

spoulter

Reaction score
The pass of the eagle rarely disappoints. Lots of untracked pow left to enjoy. Trail was a wee bit whooped on the ride out but worth it for what's up top.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pristine sledding up Queest today! Billdozer, Rob and myself did a trip up to a "secret" spot that I hadn't been to as they just discovered it last season. Before the cabin is all I'm allowed to say! We ran into areas of untracked fresh stuff to the headlights and even deeper when we worked the lower areas in the trees, couldn't get much better. We did have our stucks, as usual, and for the most part just goofy mistakes although Billdozer did take the trophy for the most out of the way one and for having to dig the deepest pit to get it out!
The first two kms of the trail suck, pretty much down to gravel when we came out at dark. Appearently the road crew up there is done so now we need another big dump of white stuff to get that lower road fixed up. Sledded the safe stuff all day long, Ryan got stuck in that mess on the hwy towards Golden so showed up to where we were sledding, but the 3 of us were to bagged to continue, next trip Ryan!!

Attachments

• 200108b.jpg
    200108b.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 392
  • 200108c.jpg
    200108c.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 374
  • 200108a.jpg
    200108a.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 378
  • 200108d.jpg
    200108d.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 379
  • 200108e.jpg
    200108e.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 385

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to throw out a thanks to Unc Gord and the group of guys that went up Queest last night to rescue our buddies who got a little turned around without us guides along!�� Looks like someone's buying steak dinner with all the fixings!��
Did I mention we've had 5" of snow in the past 4 hours! The Club should put out a warning to tell everyone to stay away due to deep snow!!!������������

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to throw out a thanks to Unc Gord and the group of guys that went up Queest last night to rescue our buddies who got a little turned around without us guides along!�� Looks like someone's buying steak dinner with all the fixings!��
Did I mention we've had 5" of snow in the past 4 hours! The Club should put out a warning to tell everyone to stay away due to deep snow!!!������������
OK who ever is still doing the snow dance in the shuswap, can quit for a while

Running outa room to put the white gold

Can snow all it wants up top, but got enough down low for now lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
OK who ever is still doing the snow dance in the shuswap, can quit for a while

It's all doom and gloom. First of all, everyone wanted the snow dance. I resurrected the video and placed it on several conditions threads. Then, there was the sarcasm; it is too old, it doesn't work, you will have to have a new dance, what an old fool, and so on and so on. Well the power is in that little dance and one has to be a believer!!

Now I hear rumblings that there is too much snow??????? Give me a break and enjoy the day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom