Eagle Valley / Sicamous Conditions 2019-2020

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
It’s deep but no base. Brandywine grooming has always sucked. There’s a new approach to grooming this year. Hopefully things will improve. It’s gonna cost more but the club has started to put Sledders first so that is exciting.

As for the Mcbride grooming, funny there’s no complaints since I posted dont ya think? Valemount is advertising their grooming trying to lure the Sledders from Mcbride. Mcbride still has an ancient phone in system to find out the grooming. Maybe that will improve to keep up with Valemount. Social media is cool.

I also said usually when there is a single grooming contractor in a area, like Mcbride for instance, they get comfy and complacent. Well low and behold on a deep snow, town packed hotels full, Sunday weekend the groomer had a pre planned function and didn’t groom and everybody suffered. This is exactly what I said happens and it did. If dude can’t groom, find someone that can operate and fill in. His only job is to groom and he didn’t. I suspect there is a bit more pep in the step of the contractor because of my posts. If it was me, I’d put that contract out to tender right now. If nothing else, it keeps everyone honest. I’ve never heard of a 10 year contract with no competition. I priced out groomers a while back. When the club puts out a grooming invitation to tender, which would be in the best interest of the club, I’ll submit a bid.

I promoted the town and businesses with the tools that I have. What did you do? I don’t see anyone else bringing attention and promoting Mcbride. It’s the sledtown champion and a cool place.

Instead of being sarcastic, you should thank me for attempting to improve the amount of grooming. Most people think it’s enough but in reality, it’s not enough. Do a google search for Mcbride and you will see the main complaint is the amount of grooming. It’s not me making stuff up. It’s been an issue for 10 years or more. I try not to stick my head in the sand and if someone gets butthurt because of what I say, that indicates there is a problem. Why not fix the years of grooming complaints? There’s no excuse now. The trail fees are piling up, town has been full, the grooming issue is publicly known, there is snow on the ground and it’s not going away. It’s the best snow in B.C. at the moment. There is no excuse for whooped out trails now. Let’s sit back and see if Mcbride improves the grooming schedule.

That’s what I did to bring attention to Mcbride grooming and even if it helped a tiny bit, Sledders are ahead.

You’re welcome.

For your contribution at Eagle Valley/Sicamous, I suspect you will be loading up stakes, rope and flagging to mark off the snow marker. Make sure to get out there after every big snowfall and reset the stakes too. You just got Kanedogged. Haha[/QUOT

You just got Kanedogged. Is this something special. Do I get a patch or some kind of sticker I can put on my sled.........Just Fkind around.

Take it easy young man...
Thank you SIR!
This is the type of ambaseder we need for the BCSF!..

You apparently show the diplomicy and credibility to enhance the tourism industry in BC.
Thank you very much for your post.
That is exactly what I was talking about.
You seem to be a very dedicated person, as I am myself....ALL OTHER **** ASIDE.....LOL

You put McBride on the map this year. THANK YOU
Without outspoken people like you, the industry could fail......

We will have to go for a ride together......

I think you have taken this personally which was not the intent..... \
We are a group of ambassedors promoting the same sport...
No,,, I DONT RIDE WITH DAVE N.....bwhaaaaa

Very deep out there folks.
Just went on a sled recovery and was a pain in the azzhats.
Especially in the dark...

I would say aeound 60cm fresh..
Avy conditions are extreme..
Be safe..

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Back to conditions..............It was/is deep. Owl's yesterday was friggin' awesome! The rain turned to snow around the 1400m level and the visibility up top was quite acceptable. The weight of the snow has pushed water on top of the ice (overflow is the term used in most instances) in the ponds and meadows. Didn't affect us but I have been there, done that and don't like getting stuck in overflow!! The whumphing, as one of the first signs of avalanche education, was very evident throughout the day. Probed 185-190cm in the trees in untracked snow a kilometre from the Owl's cabin. Quite a bit less in the packed down meadows. The tree wells around the small trees under the snow can be a problem if one slows down to think or plan which way to turn to get around a horizontal snow covered log. It was a great day and a big thank you to Dennis with the "trapper's special" (a 24" wide track Grande Touring with mechanical reverse and a big plywood box on the back). In true trapper's psychè, he yarded me out of one of those nasty tree well stucks!!

IMG_4073.jpg

IMG_4077.jpg

IMG_4076.jpg

Last edited:

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
It’s deep but no base. Brandywine grooming has always sucked. There’s a new approach to grooming this year. Hopefully things will improve. It’s gonna cost more but the club has started to put Sledders first so that is exciting.

As for the Mcbride grooming, funny there’s no complaints since I posted dont ya think? Valemount is advertising their grooming trying to lure the Sledders from Mcbride. Mcbride still has an ancient phone in system to find out the grooming. Maybe that will improve to keep up with Valemount. Social media is cool.

I also said usually when there is a single grooming contractor in a area, like Mcbride for instance, they get comfy and complacent. Well low and behold on a deep snow, town packed hotels full, Sunday weekend the groomer had a pre planned function and didn’t groom and everybody suffered. This is exactly what I said happens and it did. If dude can’t groom, find someone that can operate and fill in. His only job is to groom and he didn’t. I suspect there is a bit more pep in the step of the contractor because of my posts. If it was me, I’d put that contract out to tender right now. If nothing else, it keeps everyone honest. I’ve never heard of a 10 year contract with no competition. I priced out groomers a while back. When the club puts out a grooming invitation to tender, which would be in the best interest of the club, I’ll submit a bid.

I promoted the town and businesses with the tools that I have. What did you do? I don’t see anyone else bringing attention and promoting Mcbride. It’s the sledtown champion and a cool place.

Instead of being sarcastic, you should thank me for attempting to improve the amount of grooming. Most people think it’s enough but in reality, it’s not enough. Do a google search for Mcbride and you will see the main complaint is the amount of grooming. It’s not me making stuff up. It’s been an issue for 10 years or more. I try not to stick my head in the sand and if someone gets butthurt because of what I say, that indicates there is a problem. Why not fix the years of grooming complaints? There’s no excuse now. The trail fees are piling up, town has been full, the grooming issue is publicly known, there is snow on the ground and it’s not going away. It’s the best snow in B.C. at the moment. There is no excuse for whooped out trails now. Let’s sit back and see if Mcbride improves the grooming schedule.

That’s what I did to bring attention to Mcbride grooming and even if it helped a tiny bit, Sledders are ahead.

You’re welcome.

For your contribution at Eagle Valley/Sicamous, I suspect you will be loading up stakes, rope and flagging to mark off the snow marker. Make sure to get out there after every big snowfall and reset the stakes too. You just got Kanedogged. Haha[/QUOT

You just got Kanedogged. Is this something special. Do I get a patch or some kind of sticker I can put on my sled.........Just Fkind around.

Take it easy young man...
Thank you SIR!
This is the type of ambaseder we need for the BCSF!..

You apparently show the diplomicy and credibility to enhance the tourism industry in BC.
Thank you very much for your post.
That is exactly what I was talking about.
You seem to be a very dedicated person, as I am myself....ALL OTHER **** ASIDE.....LOL

You put McBride on the map this year. THANK YOU
Without outspoken people like you, the industry could fail......

We will have to go for a ride together......

I think you have taken this personally which was not the intent..... \
We are a group of ambassedors promoting the same sport...
No,,, I DONT RIDE WITH DAVE N.....bwhaaaaa

Very deep out there folks.
Just went on a sled recovery and was a pain in the azzhats.
Especially in the dark...

I would say aeound 60cm fresh..
Avy conditions are extreme..
Be safe..

Props to Search and Rescue and all volunteers. That’s a whole other level of commitment. Weekends, storms, sketchy searches, sketchy conditions, ready to go on all holidays, not normally blue bird day when shtf. Thanks for your service. And SAR never looks for a pat on the back. Such humble people.

Yep, I realized my soaper box speech was misdirected but I was too lazy to delete it haha.

I cannot work with the BCSF. I say what’s on my mind and I don’t fare well in heirerarcial situations.
Ok, I gotta go now. I must get back to improving grooming world wide, telling the truth and enhancing BC sled tourism.

Last edited:

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back to conditions..............It was/is deep. Owl's yesterday was friggin' awesome! The rain turned to snow around the 1400m level and the visibility up top was quite acceptable. The weight of the snow has pushed water on top of the ice (overflow is the term used in most instances) in the ponds and meadows. Didn't affect us but I have been there, done that and don't like getting stuck in overflow!! The whumphing, as one of the first signs of avalanche education, was very evident throughout the day. Probed 185-190cm in the trees in untracked snow a kilometre from the Owl's cabin. Quite a bit less in the packed down meadows. The tree wells around the small trees under the snow can be a problem if one slows down to think or plan which way to turn to get around a horizontal snow covered log. It was a great day and a big thank you to Dennis with the "trapper's special" (a 24" wide track Grande Touring with mechanical reverse and a big plywood box on the back). In true trapper's psychè, he yarded me out of one of those nasty tree well stucks!!

View attachment 221034

View attachment 221035

View attachment 221038
Thanks for the update and keeping this thing on track! (No pun)

Is there supposed to be a sled somewhere in the third pic? Haha

We are coming out on Friday with 2 bikes and a sled, so those tree wells will be interesting! Super pumped and hopefully it sets up nicely and the avy conditions settle down a bit.

Cheers and merry Christmas.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thanks for the update and keeping this thing on track! (No pun)

Is there supposed to be a sled somewhere in the third pic? Haha

We are coming out on Friday with 2 bikes and a sled, so those tree wells will be interesting! Super pumped and hopefully it sets up nicely and the avy conditions settle down a bit.

Cheers and merry Christmas.

Too his right. He is standing on a packed down track and the sled is buried.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A banner day up Blue today! Billdozer and I did the tour guide thing for some folks we met years ago, from Dawson Cr, John and Judy, along with their friends from Alberta, Stefan and Marilyn!! First off, helmets off to whomever groomed Blue last night, great job, I know how tough it can be to get the trail flattened out with warm weather, nicely done!
Sledding, well, I can pretty much let the pictures tell the story, it was a busy day with the Snow Bungee's and backs!! We basically stayed in the Meadows, East side, and burnt ourselves out there! Although much of the area was tracked out we did manage to find a few spots with minimal tracks and were able to get stuck in trees or on the flat. Blue sky, sunshine and lots of laughs, couldn't have been better. A big congrats to Marilyn who is a newbee to this kind of sledding, and even with all her flopping over or getting stuck in places you'd never think you could get stuck, she never quit, never complained, a real trooper! Atta girl!! For the local crew, there are some areas where there is only one track through
it, mine! The snow was deep, and the areas totally untouched. Down low, thats where to go! Thanks for the great time folks, if I can get out again while your here I'll give you a call!!

Attachments

• 191223g.jpg
    191223g.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 345
  • 191223f.jpg
    191223f.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 343
  • 191223e.jpg
    191223e.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 337
  • 191223d.jpg
    191223d.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 342
  • 191223c.jpg
    191223c.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 344
  • 191223b.jpg
    191223b.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 352
  • 191223a.jpg
    191223a.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 339

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your welcome, we decided to leave it just in case we went back today, but decided to go to owls and try it out

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your welcome, we decided to leave it just in case we went back today, but decided to go to owls and try it out

And your welcome as well, cause we left you the best area out of where we were, just didn't have time to give it a good shredding!������

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forgot to post this pic, taken by Johnathon on his way down from DC, taken just outside of Kamloops. Don't be making fun of the plate now!:confused: OHMY.jpg

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_1231 (2).jpg Here's a picture of Sherm just to keep the report 100% accurate on the snow conditions :rolleyes: And yes it was a great day with some good stuff left by us if you know where to look. Have a Merry Christmas everyone :Holidayslol::tree1::happyholidayswreath

Last edited:

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya but I wasn't really stuck and the dismount from the sled was spectacular! That and it was the end of the day!����

illDolzer;2694281]View attachment 221114Here's a picture of Sherm just to keep the report 100% accurate on the snow conditions :rolleyes: And yes it was a great day with some good stuff left by us if you know where to look. Have a Merry Christmas everyone :Holidayslol::tree1::happyholidayswreath[/QUOTE]

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welp, we're coming out tomorrow no matter what. Hopefully we can get some blue bird for once....I think we are at 4 days total in 4 years lol.

2 bikes and one sled. Should have no problem finding untouched.

If ya see us out at blue, don't be shy! We're probably stuck. Haha.

Cheers

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2020.jpg WONDERING WHAT TO DO IN SICAMOUS THIS NEW YEARS? The Legion is hosting a Dinner and Dance New Years Eve. Featuring Breakin Curfew We will be having a sit down Roast Beef Dinner upstairs 6pm with Dinner Served at 7pm. Dance in the Lounge starting at 8:30pm. Party Favours Champagne at Midnight along with a light snack.
Dinner and Dance $25 Dance only $10.We open today at 3pm come get your tickets today before we sell out! The Legion welcomes all Members and Guests and are always accepting New Members

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ventured up Owls today , parking lot was full ! Trail pretty decent on the way up! Cut off into meadows left of trail to find ok snow but tracked out . There was a skiff of fresh , we ventured farther back and made our way to the saddle going into Eco , there were few tracks but not many , we venture down further and played in meadows to find alot of untouched powder ! Drop into ravine and lower benches to find no tracks and over the hood powder . Made our way down into lakes, played in trees and they ventured back out through trees to the top ! Was bit of a workout especially when your doubling ! Few stucks , eventually made our way back out anddown to a bumpy trail , not sure how many sled , but im guessing alot !

Top Bottom