Eagle Valley / Sicamous Conditions 2019-2020

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jackass.jpg As we all do went to look at the Owlshead Cam notice the tracks beside the measure stick that has 4 posts around it to not disturb and show the snowfall amounts. Can anyone explain to me what logic one would use to almost run it over? Just Curious...........

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 220990As we all do went to look at the Owlshead Cam notice the tracks beside the measure stick that has 4 posts around it to not disturb and show the snowfall amounts. Can anyone explain to me what logic one would use to almost run it over? Just Curious...........

Fueled by alcohol?? I see a lot of douche bags around the cabins so rarely go to them. A lot of boozing there, then they rid down load up and drive impaired

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its my opinion that the RCMP are pretty lazy when it comes to policing snowmobilers on the hill. Instead of harrassing guys driving around the downtown area after dark why not go undercover and stop some of the drunkeness at the cabins? I like a drink as much as the next guy (maybe even more) but don't feel the need to get hammered at the cabin every trip to the hills. I guess its gonna take someone getting killed at the end of the day on the trail down before they clue in. Drink when you get back to the hotel boys and keep the trails safe.

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its my opinion that the RCMP are pretty lazy when it comes to policing snowmobilers on the hill. Instead of harrassing guys driving around the downtown area after dark why not go undercover and stop some of the drunkeness at the cabins? I like a drink as much as the next guy (maybe even more) but don't feel the need to get hammered at the cabin every trip to the hills. I guess its gonna take someone getting killed at the end of the day on the trail down before they clue in. Drink when you get back to the hotel boys and keep the trails safe.
Agreed. I have to admit, it is nice having a beer or two throughout the day on top of a mountain. Pretty awesome to be able to do that.... responsibly.
But to the schmucks who get all ****tered upand endanger the rest of us..... kindly **** right off.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I have to admit, it is nice having a beer or two throughout the day on top of a mountain. Pretty awesome to be able to do that.... responsibly.
But to the schmucks who get all ****tered upand endanger the rest of us..... kindly **** right off.
That's the deal. Be responsible.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it would only take 3-4 afternoons in a row for the RCMP to stop into the staging areas for a couple hours at the end of the day and pay for their time in DUI fines. Word travels fast and it just might end quickly.

This, actually very simple.......or they set up just past the peep checker & prior to heading up the hill. Revy did this years ago & maybe still do.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
View attachment 220990As we all do went to look at the Owlshead Cam notice the tracks beside the
measure stick that has 4 posts around it to not disturb and show the snowfall amounts. Can anyone explain to me what logi
one would use to almost run it over? Just Curious...........

Maybe some brand new rider? Or someones kid who did not know any differnt?
Who knows?
Sure quick to assume its people drinking and being asshats.

Easy solution:
Why doesnt someone take some rope and put around sticks (make a barrier).
Add a bunch of flagging tape (Orange or Red) for safety visibility.
Voila!
No more PO'ed people. LOL!

Not everyone rides the mountains all the times and knows all the stadards or rules. Or courtesy!

That is why we are the ambassadors for the sport. We assist, help and educate.

Just saying.
My opinion only.....Dont need to derail the conditions thread.

You can always start a seperate thread about AzzHats on hill for shaming...!!!!!

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Who knows?

Easy solution:
Voila!

Not everyone rides the mountains all the times and knows all the stadards or rules. Or courtesy!

Just saying.

You can always start a seperate thread about AzzHats on hill for shaming...!!!!!

Easy solution. Why don’t you bring bring up some rope, stakes, orange or red flagging tape and mark it yourself? This will elevate you from the keyboard advisory committee to contributing club member. Congrats on your new position. In your post you said that you assist and help. Here’s your chance. Post pics when done.

Last edited:

BillDozer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure why you assumed that I meant someone was drinking asked a simple question as I didn't get why someone would do that you can see where they pinned it as they past, but as for being an asshat I'm ok with you assuming that's what I meant......
Who knows?

Easy solution:
Voila!

Just saying.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Not you.
The people repyling to your question.

Not sure why you assumed that I meant someone was drinking asked a simple question as I didn't get why someone would do that you can see where they pinned it as they past, but as for being an asshat I'm ok with you assuming that's what I meant......

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Easy solution. Why don’t you bring bring up some rope, stakes, orange or red flagging tape and mark it yourself? This will elevate you from the keyboard advisory committee to contributing club member. Congrats on your new position. Post pics when done.

Hows the conditions out there?
Is the grooming good and up to Kanedog standards??
Please enlighten us like you did on the Mcbride thread.....

Last edited:

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Hows the conditions out there?
Is the grooming good and up to Kanedog standards??
Please enlighten us like you did on the Mcbride thread.....

It’s deep but no base. Brandywine grooming has always sucked. There’s a new approach to grooming this year. Hopefully things will improve. It’s gonna cost more but the club has started to put Sledders first so that is exciting.

As for the Mcbride grooming, funny there’s no complaints since I posted dont ya think? Valemount is advertising their grooming trying to lure the Sledders from Mcbride. Mcbride still has an ancient phone in system to find out the grooming. Maybe that will improve to keep up with Valemount. Social media is cool.

I also said usually when there is a single grooming contractor in a area, like Mcbride for instance, they get comfy and complacent. Well low and behold on a deep snow, town packed hotels full, Sunday weekend the groomer had a pre planned function and didn’t groom and everybody suffered. This is exactly what I said happens and it did. If dude can’t groom, find someone that can operate and fill in. His only job is to groom and he didn’t. I suspect there is a bit more pep in the step of the contractor because of my posts. If it was me, I’d put that contract out to tender right now. If nothing else, it keeps everyone honest. I’ve never heard of a 10 year contract with no competition. I priced out groomers a while back. When the club puts out a grooming invitation to tender, which would be in the best interest of the club, I’ll submit a bid.

I promoted the town and businesses with the tools that I have. What did you do? I don’t see anyone else bringing attention and promoting Mcbride. It’s the sledtown champion and a cool place.

Instead of being sarcastic, you should thank me for attempting to improve the amount of grooming. Most people think it’s enough but in reality, it’s not enough. Do a google search for Mcbride and you will see the main complaint is the amount of grooming. It’s not me making stuff up. It’s been an issue for 10 years or more. I try not to stick my head in the sand and if someone gets butthurt because of what I say, that indicates there is a problem. Why not fix the years of grooming complaints? There’s no excuse now. The trail fees are piling up, town has been full, the grooming issue is publicly known, there is snow on the ground and it’s not going away. It’s the best snow in B.C. at the moment. There is no excuse for whooped out trails now. Let’s sit back and see if Mcbride improves the grooming schedule.

That’s what I did to bring attention to Mcbride grooming and even if it helped a tiny bit, Sledders are ahead.

You’re welcome.

For your contribution at Eagle Valley/Sicamous, I suspect you will be loading up stakes, rope and flagging to mark off the snow marker. Make sure to get out there after every big snowfall and reset the stakes too. You just got Kanedogged. Haha

Last edited:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not you.
The people repyling to your question.

Did it ever cross your mind maybe we saw the drinking and riding thru the snowplot happen? Shouldn't be so quick to assume lol

As for the conditions..,it's snowing but kinda wet

Last edited:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Did it ever cross your mind maybe we saw the drinking and riding thru the snowplot happen? Shouldn't be so quick to assume lol

As for the conditions..,it's snowing but kinda wet

Damn! Nope. LOL!

Should be a pile up top. Hopeing to come to Eagles but the road closures suck right now.
Unsure if we could get back to Revy.

Top Bottom