E-transfer scam

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is new to me so I want to put it out there incase someone else has the same experience. I`m trying to sell a table saw on kijiji. it`s a commercial one and worth over $4000. I have it for sale for $2500. The other party said he would give the money by E-transfer. I got the email and it was in French but when I looked at it more closely it was a request for $2500 not a deposit of $2500. If that much money was in my account, $2500 would have been transferred to this Asshat. I had my suspicions and made sure there was no money( less than $10) in the account. so the when I tried to deposit/request the transfer it didn't`t go through.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i never knew about that one, hell most of the time when i sell radios i never see the guy just leave them hanging from my mailbox. Tell the guys to put cash in there or etransfer.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i never knew about that one, hell most of the time when i sell radios i never see the guy just leave them hanging from my mailbox. Tell the guys to put cash in there or etransfer.
Sweet, pop another radio in the box… I’ll be right over with the cash. Wink wink. Trust is something spread so thin lately it barley excises.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe it is the type of people who buy radios or it could be the cavalier way i sell stuff. But i have found people are so dam honest. Help yourself works awesome for me.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe it is the type of people who buy radios or it could be the cavalier way i sell stuff. But i have found people are so dam honest. Help yourself works awesome for me.
Maybe assuming there’s a shotgun coming from a window, best to leave the right amount Of change.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dam email money transfer are the worst, wake up in the morning to find a ton of them sitting in your account. Not knowing who they are from or what product they want. Am i the only one having this problem?

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dam email money transfer are the worst, wake up in the morning to find a ton of them sitting in your account. Not knowing who they are from or what product they want. Am i the only one having this problem?
Yes.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ummm, yup, you’re the only one

Top Bottom