E teck fogging

bbsummit1

Reaction score
I have a 2012 800 E teck and the thing just won't fog , I have watched more videos and danced around the machine but it just won't do it. Any suggestions

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
start sled.. let it warm up.. push s button till total milage comes up on dash turn off.. start up again.. let it cycle through the dess cycle.. hold s button dash and flick high beam button.. dont flick s on dash, keep holding it while you push the highbeam button and it will go int summerization mode..

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 800 E teck and the thing just won't fog , I have watched more videos and danced around the machine but it just won't do it. Any suggestions

make sure it is warm.......takes longer than you think to get to operating temperature..... then as stated above in odometer mode hold the set button and toggle the hi/low beam switch.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't rode my sled (2012 800 etec) in a month, but I need to load it into a truck as I am moving mid August, and then I expect to be riding less than 2 months after that. Is it even worth it to 'summarize' it at this point??

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't rode my sled (2012 800 etec) in a month, but I need to load it into a truck as I am moving mid August, and then I expect to be riding less than 2 months after that. Is it even worth it to 'summarize' it at this point??

You may want to do it if you have warranty on the machine. If nothing else to have the computer recognize the fogging was done in the event of warranty issues, not sure how they could be related but you never know.

Fogging only adds more oil to the motor, most engines have enough just sitting in the bearings and crankcase already IMO (unless they were shut down at WFO completely hot), roll it slowly through a rotation or three by hand using the clutch every month to spread on the cylinders and move it around in the bearings, does about the same. Oil needs a higher temp to burn away completely, low RPM operation with no load or below clutch engagement won't burn it off so that means more oil in the cylinders and combustion chambers, only carbons up the transfers and plugs. If you are going to start it in a month anyway, the fogging dont matter much IMO, lots of guys go almost that long in the season between rides and don't fog their machines. If it was seeing big amounts of humidity or you are planning to keep it in your truck in the rain/elements you might be better off to do it, but in an enclosed area with low humidity like a garage in Sept, its normally alright. Continually starting a motor every month and not allowing it to reach operating temp and not putting it under load is worse than not starting it at all for the summer IMO. If its a feature on your sled though, you may want to use it anyway, you've already paid for it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom