E-Tec clutch kits

cadman22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know if there is a thread for this but I was just wondering what are the best clutch kits for a 800 e-tec summit x 163? Thanks for all the help

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2011 or 2012?

If its a 2012, leave it for now.

I would also search RoosterBuilt, they are down in WA.

Nothing against DJ, but there are other options.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a DJ kit on my 2011 Freeride, it worked sweet and was a major improvement over the stock set up. Our shop also sold and installed a bunch of his kits on other e-tec's, and we had nothing but positve comments for the owneres. I would ride your 12 before doing anything though......I may be pretty good, or not that great, but no point spending the $$$ till you try it..

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddy put the terra alps kit on his 2011 and it worked awesome. held the rpm while climbing and his belt life was awesome. for a doo. 2000km on his first belt.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the Roosterbuilt. Those guys live and ride in the mountains everyday, they know what works. Again nothing against Dynamoe Joe but he is a flatland sledder. I had a DJ kit that i never was very impressed with, switched it out with an RB kit and the sled finally worked like i thought it should.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that i know of but you can call them @ 253 333 8533. They are located in Washington state

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any feed back on a 2012 etec clutch kit?

what do you feel the 2012 clutching lacks? The stock clutching is "okay" although possibly one of hte better stock setup Doo has released. I know where it lacks for my taste but at the end of the season actually started to learn to live with it and actually felt it wasn't as bad as I initially though. Gearing was too low on the 163's.

Understanding what you want to change in your clutching will greatly help clutch tuners determine what will work best for you. Rooster built will do that. Although many others and even site sponsors offer it as well.

Many people look for a "kit" but there is no true one size fits all clutch kit that is perfect for everyone.

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first season I just found that there wasn't as hard of a backshift as I had on my Rev (reweighted and differnt springs), Also found my RPM not increasing as quickly compared to the set up on my Rev, the overall way the machine performed is alot better then my Rev that is for sure but still wanted more of coarse. I went with a steep and Deep clutch kit from Bikeman and I am so far really happy with it. It easily over revs at lower elevations tho, but not a concern as I will take it across the lake to go fishing maybe once a year when the snow is to deep for the quad. RPM holds very good acceleration feels good and back shifts harder then stock. So for me i am happy with it.

what do you feel the 2012 clutching lacks? The stock clutching is "okay" although possibly one of hte better stock setup Doo has released. I know where it lacks for my taste but at the end of the season actually started to learn to live with it and actually felt it wasn't as bad as I initially though. Gearing was too low on the 163's.

Understanding what you want to change in your clutching will greatly help clutch tuners determine what will work best for you. Rooster built will do that. Although many others and even site sponsors offer it as well.

Many people look for a "kit" but there is no true one size fits all clutch kit that is perfect for everyone.

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock clutching isn't bad on my XM but since I ride fairly low elevation I could go above clicker 1 without hitting the limiter and adding pin weight only seemed to slow throttle response. I also wanted more backshift for downhill descents. I don't think you can go wrong with either DJ or Roosterbuilt. DJ is from out east but he has a bunch of good riders testing his kit out west. I decided to go with Roosterbuilt just because they personally ride the XM in similar conditions to mine. Really haven't heard much from DJ this year. My kit should be here this week and I will update my thoughts on it. There are some guys in the XM forum claiming good results from Roosterbuilt as well.

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have anything to compare to other than stock, but I just put a rooster built kit in my XM and absolutely love it.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the Roosterbuilt. Those guys live and ride in the mountains everyday, they know what works. Again nothing against Dynamoe Joe but he is a flatland sledder. I had a DJ kit that i never was very impressed with, switched it out with an RB kit and the sled finally worked like i thought it should.

X2 about DJ clutch kit. For a mxz it would probably be good. Had one in my 09 summit and never thought it did much better then stock. Talk to Deano670 on here he will hook you up with a good clutch kit.

Top Bottom