dynoport pipes on my xp

gdawg

Reaction score
for 1000.00 i can add the dynoport y pipe and pipe. am i gona notice a difference in power for that much. 08 xp 800 i cant seem to find any other kind of pipes to buy?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cheaper solution is the slp kit. i run one on an xp and it made a differance.

i would reccomend dynoport though. run them on all my other machines and they do make good power. you get what you pay for.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
happy with my dynoport y , single pipe and the thing can.....really curious how much better a clutch kit would make it perform,over a stock 09 upgrade.
sorry for jackin your thread...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
happy with my dynoport y , single pipe and the thing can.....really curious how much better a clutch kit would make it perform,over a stock 09 upgrade.
sorry for jackin your thread...

not running the dj kit? if you like the trees its a must!!

dont waste your time with the 09 upgrade.

PS. after installing the slp ypipe/can/pipe i had to clicker down 3 settings. this proves its making more power without any changes.

really notice it in the midrange.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did 2 clickers on mine,and it's a big difference in the mid ..also runnin alot of venting with timbersled air intake..that alone was the same ,difference in the mid range...3/4 of my day is in trees,definetly not unhappy with stock clutching by anymeans...she performs well...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah. they are pretty good from the factory.

i usually do 19t top gear, dj kit, exhuast system and the shim kit on the 08 ( make ALOT of heat being out of alignment) dj kit has unreal response in the trees. its insane

timbersled working ok for you?

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya really happy with it,sure woke it up in the mid range.coundnt go wrong for 80 bucks,thanks again bill(gml)

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gdawg I see you are in Red Deer if you need tools for a clutch install on your XP I have them all. Let me know if I can help.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah. they are pretty good from the factory.

i usually do 19t top gear, dj kit, exhuast system and the shim kit on the 08 ( make ALOT of heat being out of alignment) dj kit has unreal response in the trees. its insane

timbersled working ok for you?

Whats a shim kit? I have an 08 with Dynoport exhaust, DJ kit with ramp, 19tooth, venting all on a 154". I'd like to reduce clutch heat more thought, still get pretty hot.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just a set of shims that goes on the jackshaft to force the secondary out to the correct alignment spec..

the alignment specs are provided and you use as many shims as your sled needs they all vary.

the differance is IMPRESSIVE.

on a factory 2008 after a long pull i cant even touch either clutch.

and a 2009 machine i put together this spring with the shim kit is luke warm. barely even melts snow.

shim kit is about 60$ and i will admnit its not PERFECT because the engine moves and the chassis twists. but it gets it pretty damn close.

the best option is the floating clutch conversion. but it runs around 700$

but allows the clutch to be truly alligned to where it naturally wants to be

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just a set of shims that goes on the jackshaft to force the secondary out to the correct alignment spec..

the alignment specs are provided and you use as many shims as your sled needs they all vary.

the differance is IMPRESSIVE.

on a factory 2008 after a long pull i cant even touch either clutch.

and a 2009 machine i put together this spring with the shim kit is luke warm. barely even melts snow.

shim kit is about 60$ and i will admnit its not PERFECT because the engine moves and the chassis twists. but it gets it pretty damn close.

the best option is the floating clutch conversion. but it runs around 700$

but allows the clutch to be truly alligned to where it naturally wants to be

Where can i find this shim kit?:beer:

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where can i find this shim kit?:beer:

there is a guy on Dootalk. Here ya go

QRS Shim Package PRICE $45.00 USD
QRS Shim Package

In testing, this kit has shown to reduce belt temps up to 70*f, increase belt life and provide more consistent RPM's. Between my personal sled and the 3 different test sleds have shown zero belt wear with a total test mileage of 3450. Test sleds where a 08 TNT, 08 MXZ-X800R, 08 Summit 800R run @ 1000 – 10000 ft elevations, aggressive trail riding as well as mile after mile of WFO powder riding.

The QRS shim package consists of 5 bearing shims and 3 spacers to support the inner race of the upper chain case bearing. With this package you will be able to shim the secondary 2-5mm and have the proper spacers to support the upper chain case bearing and prevent any oil loss through the upper seal as well as bearing failure due to unnecessary side load.

Simple 20 minute install.

Price will be $45.00 shipped in the lower 48 and $55.00 shipped Canada and Alaska

Pay will be accepted to Dynamicrecovery@comcast.net

Contact Email: Dynamicrecovery@comcast.net

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a guy on Dootalk. Here ya go

QRS Shim Package PRICE $45.00 USD
QRS Shim Package

In testing, this kit has shown to reduce belt temps up to 70*f, increase belt life and provide more consistent RPM's. Between my personal sled and the 3 different test sleds have shown zero belt wear with a total test mileage of 3450. Test sleds where a 08 TNT, 08 MXZ-X800R, 08 Summit 800R run @ 1000 – 10000 ft elevations, aggressive trail riding as well as mile after mile of WFO powder riding.

The QRS shim package consists of 5 bearing shims and 3 spacers to support the inner race of the upper chain case bearing. With this package you will be able to shim the secondary 2-5mm and have the proper spacers to support the upper chain case bearing and prevent any oil loss through the upper seal as well as bearing failure due to unnecessary side load.

Simple 20 minute install.

Price will be $45.00 shipped in the lower 48 and $55.00 shipped Canada and Alaska

Pay will be accepted to Dynamicrecovery@comcast.net

Contact Email: Dynamicrecovery@comcast.net

Thanks, just ordered!

Woodtang

Reaction score
I have a 08 XP with DJ clutch kit, slp air intake mod, dynoport y pipe and pipe, mbrp can, RK tek head, and boyesen reeds, running 460 jets. I am only getting 7600 rpm. Anyone have any suggestions on weights in kit to make it finally rip? I am going to pull the clutch tomorrow and mess with it.

08 800 x doo

Reaction score
If your still looking for a pipe & y pipe set up i have a set up that has 80 miles on i will sell it for 750 it is a crank shop they are the same as dyno port let me know

Top Bottom