Dynamo Joe CLutch Kit

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only seen about a 4 or 5 km increase in track speed. The big thing is it doesn't loose RPM even on really long pulls. And it back shifts like crazy. You can be mid way through a full 1 min pull let of and hammer it again and it is right there. Really good throttle response with this kit.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got back from Valemount this weekend and was test driving Joe's MTN ramps vs stock 09 441 ramps and they definately make difference, they build rpm's quicker then the stock ramps so while boondocking the sled reacts much faster, almost like a dirt bike. Very impressed.

If interested in picking up a set, drop me a pm.

Cheers MB

08 800 x doo

Reaction score
I have a 08 800 xp 154 with joes helix in it new pins that are suposted to be weighted at 15.9 g per pin i had some one do this for me he had the clicker on # 4 the sled was hitting 8500 9600 at times i had to click back to # 1
My Question iis how much more weight do i put in it to get it up to clicker 4 any info would be nice thank for your troubles
Also what are the stock ramps for a 08 i have a set of joes coming they are just not here yet

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 08 800 xp 154 with joes helix in it new pins that are suposted to be weighted at 15.9 g per pin i had some one do this for me he had the clicker on # 4 the sled was hitting 8500 9600 at times i had to click back to # 1
My Question iis how much more weight do i put in it to get it up to clicker 4 any info would be nice thank for your troubles
Also what are the stock ramps for a 08 i have a set of joes coming they are just not here yet

You want to be at 8200rpm....so if you were at 8500-8600 you would need about 4g more per pin....19-20g. Your stock ramps are 413's. When you get Joe's ramps you won't be running 19-20g pins as the ramps are totally different.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it does...but I'm going off what you gave me. If you were getting 8600 with 15.9g....you're going to need 19g or more to get 8200 rpm on the same clicker. Was this at home flat-land testing or in the mountains? I like to tune for Clicker 1 or 2 at home....Clicker 4 or 5 in the hills.

08 800 x doo

Reaction score
I was riding at 3400 feet
I weighted it up today i have 18.8 g in it i am still turning 8000 to 8100 on clicker # 1 i need to get it up to # 3 or 4 so when i put my y pipe & pipe on it donn't have to clutch again also when i took the clutch apart i started to pull the old weights out one wouldn't come out the pins are new just had them put in i just keep turning what would cause this
so with this said how much more should i go for weight & is there any one out the has joes heilex & did you have to add this much weight any info would be nice

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
back from a test run today down at atlas flat on road clicker 4 about 8200rpm 130ish kilo p/ hr pulls hard 81 8200 rpm at about 80 kilo p/hr at start of pull speed droped through pull but rpm stayed strong this is w/ Joes suggested set up as per the instructions get the ramps
all i can say is wow different sled this year:):):):):)

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was riding at 3400 feet
I weighted it up today i have 18.8 g in it i am still turning 8000 to 8100 on clicker # 1 i need to get it up to # 3 or 4 so when i put my y pipe & pipe on it donn't have to clutch again also when i took the clutch apart i started to pull the old weights out one wouldn't come out the pins are new just had them put in i just keep turning what would cause this
so with this said how much more should i go for weight & is there any one out the has joes heilex & did you have to add this much weight any info would be nice

With 415 ramps this is a normal weight range. I wouldn't expect 2 or 3 clicker positions from a y-pipe and pipe...seriously. If you're lucky...1. The weight increase is due to two things: heavier primary spring, and Joe's low finish angle on the helix stalling the upshift and stopping secondary slippage.

08 800 x doo

Reaction score
Thanks dave for the info tomorrow i am going to weight her up to to 20.1 or 20.9 what ever i can it in it
Also the pipe & y pipe is a crank shop 3000 & up i only run good 91 octane will i have to run some race fuel at 2500 feet or will it be ok also i have v forse reeds in it as well
and i have the stock jets in it as well 490's
thanks again

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got Joes ramps, on the sheet that came with it, it said to make sure the ramp xpins are 20mm, well all mine were 22mm did anyone else have this problem, not sure why this would make much difference. I just put them in but have not run it yet.

Sorry for the hijack!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got Joes ramps, on the sheet that came with it, it said to make sure the ramp xpins are 20mm, well all mine were 22mm did anyone else have this problem, not sure why this would make much difference. I just put them in but have not run it yet.

Sorry for the hijack!

He just wants you to make sure the pins don't bind in their pockets. If they're stock length, make sure they're dead-centered in the ramp and you should be OK. Joey is also specific about what angle the cut in the roll pin is at. See in this pic the line he drew on my ramps....that's where the split should be.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't this where BRP want the split line on the pin as well?

Where can I pick up DJ's ramps and cam In edmonton I would like to try it, I don't need the pin kit I already have one and I probably have the primary spring already, does the kit have a secondary spring? or do you use the stock spring?
What are the angles on the Cam in DJ's kit? And is it the same cam for a 154 and 163.
I apoligize for all the questions. But thanks In advance

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't this where BRP want the split line on the pin as well? Yes.

Where can I pick up DJ's ramps and cam In edmonton I would like to try it, I don't need the pin kit I already have one and I probably have the primary spring already, does the kit have a secondary spring? or do you use the stock spring? Specialty Sleds sells 'em now. Uses stock secondary spring.

What are the angles on the Cam in DJ's kit? And is it the same cam for a 154 and 163. The angles are proprietary...that's what makes it work. Suffice to say: it is not a simple multi-angle transition, but starts real high and finishes real low. I believe Joe recommends the QR11 for all mountain applications now.

I apoligize for all the questions. But thanks In advance

Answers in bold.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave How do you like the ramps?
How is the sled running this year?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running all DJ stuff in the sled now. SHR reworked the motor and it can actually pull more weight than a stocker now...haven't even tuned it yet but I'm real happy with it so far. The DJ ramps with his helix makes for a real snappy set-up.

zeeberg7

Reaction score
I got my Kit from Brad Cadieux and I got it installed a couple days before our trip to Valemount. My 08 XP 154 pulls like a totally different sled now and I am noticing a constant 70km/h track speed over the previous 60km/h with my stock settings.

if you have an '08 do yourself a favour and get the ramp with the Kit. We followed the instructions and it worked perfect. 15.8grams on #4 and I pulled hard where ever I wanted to go.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my Kit from Brad Cadieux and I got it installed a couple days before our trip to Valemount. My 08 XP 154 pulls like a totally different sled now and I am noticing a constant 70km/h track speed over the previous 60km/h with my stock settings.

if you have an '08 do yourself a favour and get the ramp with the Kit. We followed the instructions and it worked perfect. 15.8grams on #4 and I pulled hard where ever I wanted to go.

Where is this brad fellow located you have a phone #, I called speciality sleds and they have a kit but no ramps, Ken told me if you use DJ's ramp you'll loose the ability to use the clicker adjustment and adjust the rpm with the clickers, so they don't stock em, I'm puzzled on this it sounds funky to me.

Crash

Reaction score
Where is this brad fellow located you have a phone #, I called speciality sleds and they have a kit but no ramps, Ken told me if you use DJ's ramp you'll loose the ability to use the clicker adjustment and adjust the rpm with the clickers, so they don't stock em, I'm puzzled on this it sounds funky to me.

Specialty told me the same thing. I just got DJ's kit installed last night minus the ramps (supplier issues) on my 08 163 and going to try it on Wednesday in Blue River. Can't wait!! I got my kit from Ryan @ Lamont General Auto 780 895 7446. They are $100 cheaper than Specialty for the kit.

Top Bottom