Duramax fuel filters

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
It's not a plastic filter.... You have your facts and even some numbers scued.... Metal body fuel filters.... And the 57202xp is even better-- 7 microns

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like to see where you're getting this info?
This may have been wix many many years ago.... I don't know

It's more so the duramax I heard

I'm sure other filters for older ones ect are fine,

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have paid $32 for the OEM filter at Shaw GMC a few different times.
I think I may have also gotten one or two around that price. Maybe on sale I dunno but generally that's what they cost in the US and it's usually closer to $50 here in my experience. Not sure if some dealers give a discount on parts to people that buy vehicles from then or not either.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Better check your #'s... Gm has listed the ac delco filter at 20 microns., not 4 like you've shown.....Don't know where u got your specs".....

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not a plastic filter.... You have your facts and even some numbers scued.... Metal body fuel filters.... And the 57202xp is even better

HUH?? That's an oil filter.

The Wix fuel filter most people use is plastic.

Tons of issues. Google is your friend. One guy popped a Wix plastic apart with a broom handle!

Fuel Filter - New Wix Causing problems - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Wix fuel filter - "new" - TheDieselPage.com Forums

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better check your #'s... Gm has listed the ac delco filter at 20 microns., not 4 like you've shown.....Don't know where u got your specs".....

Sober up bud.
The Duramax has never had a 20 micron filter. It had a 10 the first couple years of the LB7 then they changed it to 4. Don't know where you got YOUR specs. Post up a link.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I fixed it.
FWIW I have never had an issue with the Wix oil filter. I usually just run a Donaldson there though as I get a good deal through a buddies ag dealership.

But as far as fuel goes I still don't recommend Wix. As I said before, Donaldson, CAT, OEM, or Baldwin would be my choices. I don't have any experience with Fleetguard but lots of guys run them on the Dodges as Fleetguard and Cummins are buddies and they don't seem to have any issues so they might be ok also.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For as often as you change these filters and the little cost difference why even worry about it?
Use OEM .
How often are some changing these filters 70-80000 Kms?
As recommend .

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For as often as you change these filters and the little cost difference why even worry about it?
Use OEM .
As recommend .
Whenever my dash tells me to... not sure of mileage.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
You couldn't pay us to use the WIX plastic body fuel filters at our shop even tho we use WIX filters exclusively. As soon as you look at the difference between WIX and ACDelco at the top where they mount to the filter housing, it is VERY obvious as to why they bypass. The main seal on the Delco kind of "goes around" the nipple on the metal body, whereas the WIX just kind of pushes up to and "seals" against that nipple. VERY easy to bypass IMO.

filter.jpg

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with LBZ on his filter recommendations and my post earlier ,the Donaldson and Baldwin by far the best after market filter out there.I would never use a Fram in any thing you plan to keep for along time its one of the worst filters out there IMO hence the cheap price you pay for what you get boys

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You couldn't pay us to use the WIX plastic body fuel filters at our shop even tho we use WIX filters exclusively. As soon as you look at the difference between WIX and ACDelco at the top where they mount to the filter housing, it is VERY obvious as to why they bypass. The main seal on the Delco kind of "goes around" the nipple on the metal body, whereas the WIX just kind of pushes up to and "seals" against that nipple. VERY easy to bypass IMO.

View attachment 185557
That right there is the problem yes

Plus the body size is smaller, which is less filter capacity ect

Cummins610

Reaction score
Any common rail fuel system should be 4 micron or less. Cummins recently developed 2 micron direct replacement filters for engines going back to 07(to combat fuel system wear). I'm a Wix guy but they are sure behind vs the OEM's new diesel filters. Also dislike the Wix duramax air filter, wish they would incorporate the separate ring like the acdelco filter, feels much more secure.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use OEM .
As recommend .
I change mine every second oil change or when the DIC tells me to. Which is usually around 30 000 km so close to the second oil change anyhow (synthetic oil).
80 000 km is waaaaay too long IMO.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Nictane CAT filter adapter and spacer. Then run the 2 micron cat filters for half the price and get better filtration.

I run a FASS titanium 150gph with a 6 micron and 2 micron filter. Then run a wix on the stock filter head. Never had a single problem. I overkill all my filtration though, i also run an AmsOil bypass system.

Top Bottom