Duck hunters going down

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Three guys from saskatoon are in court today over a youtube video of them shooting ducks. Hope these guys get what they deserve.

Ducking Poaching Video On Youtube Has Nothing to Do With Hunting
Sunday, August 9th, 2009 at 6:19 pm
Email This Post Email This Post | Printer Friendly | Comments

Ducking Poaching Video On Youtube Has Nothing to Do With Hunting

Saskatoon, CA - -(AmmoLand.com)- The recent “Duck Hunting” video playing on Youtube that showed 3 Saskatoon Canada poachers has nothing to do with the real sport of Duck Hunting or Waterfowling.

The video is now being used by the national media and anti hunting groups to portray honest ethical hunters in a bad light.

In typical bad taste the video, shown below, starts off with a clip from the Video Game Duck Hunting but in no way does it reflect the actual sport of duck hunting.

The poachers are seen shooting birds of all ages, out of season, from a car, on the water and with rimfire rifles. All things that are illegal and never done in the actual sport of Waterfowling.

A spokesman for the Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment said all three suspects, whose names have not been released, were arrested Saturday morning in a small Saskatoon-area community.

Search warrants were also carried out at two of the individuals’ residences.

Gary Harrison, manager of the department’s special investigations unit, said provincial and federal wildlife officers and the RCMP were also able to pin down the location where the video was shot.

“It’s close to the community that the arrests were made in,” he said.

The accused men, who are all in their early 20s, are to appear in Saskatoon provincial court on Monday to face a variety of charges under provincial and federal wildlife laws.

The overwhelming number of tips in this case shows that the public, including law abiding Canadian hunters, understands the value of the wildlife resources in Canada and isn’t willing to put up with animals being slaughtered, he said.

A conviction under the Migratory Birds Convention Act can carry fines of between $300,000 and six months in jail for individuals, up to $1 million – though Petrar noted that maximum penalties are rare.

and here is the video link:[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-g7Ie0nr2k[/media]

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gotta agree they should be made an example of. they really set a bad example to the public of what hunters/outdoors people are like. kinda we all get painted with the same brush deal. unfortunate for them that they probably are not the only ones doing it but its good that they got caught maybe make others think before acting so stupidly and shooting these birds for no reason.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Amazed they were smart enough to upload it on U tube.:rolleyes:
I bet they get a very large fine.....might even have to sell the Hyundai to pay for it:eek:
CM

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While I'm no duck hunter myself...you can tell these guys are just idiots with guns. Hopefully it doesn't taint the image for you guys who do this legitimately and respectfully. Just like every other activity, there's always someone making it look bad!
These guys probably microwave kittens in their spare time too...

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
What a bunch of Morons :mad: Breaking a whole lot of rules in that vid.

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a bunch of retards!!! That right there is an example of why parents should beat thier children.:rant: Stupidity, to do something illegal and then post on a public site like youtube, they deserve what they get, and hopefully it is more than a slap on the wrist.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least we can all be happy with the fact that they were stupid enough to film it, and then post it. Without that level of stupidity, they would never see the inside of the courtroom.

Thank god for the stupid, this time around at least.:beer:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just like to clarify one thing here .......... those pricks are "NOT" duck hunters nor do they represent the "HUNTER" or our community of sustenance hunters ...

yeah what he said

although i dont hunt have family members that do do it legally and respect the laws ... and what really pisses me off is these idiots that do this crap ....put them in the same boat as those guys that killed the deer last year in michigan ( i think ) and shoot holes in them

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it really sets a bad example for the rest of us. But i do want to say one thing, did anyone else notice how bad of shots they were??? Man if i was gonna shot a video like that i would not want to show what a bad shot i am.J/K. But no really i hope they all get jail time for this cause thats B/S right there.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wounder how many people the Police are going to start busting now for vidios on you tube????? WHat these guys did was verry wrong but its also aginst the law to ride ATVs through creeks and rivers or in lakes and I know lots of poeple on hear do that hear and make vidios of them doing it . There are millions of vidios out there on youtube of people doing illegal acts wounder whats going to happen..

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think the police or resource officers hang out on Youtube looking for people to bust, but they will react when the video is sent to them, or in this case the flood of phone calls they received.

I was wondering about the punishment they recieved as well. I thought the resource officers had the ability to impound thier vehicles and guns in situations like this? Didn't hear a thing about that. I would have loved to see their vehicles seized and sold at auction. Maybe the proceeds used to raise a few new ducks, which these men (not boys) would have had to help raise.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i heard that they also lost their firearms in the deal. should have lost hunt privelidges,??????, not sure if spelt correct, as well. The only good thing that i can think of coming from this is , Think of how these " buddies" are treating the dip sh-- that posted it on you tube. just my two cents.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Just glad they got caught ..... for those of us that hunt legally its frustrating as hell to see this type of behavior. :nono::nono:

Top Bottom