Edson Poachers caught!!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Douche bags! Too bad all they will get is time picking garbage out of ditches.

EDMONTON – Ten people have been charged with 323 offences in what Alberta officials are calling a “high profile poaching case.
”In November 2013, 36 animals were found shot and left to waste in the Edson area. They included 26 deer, five moose, four elk, and one black bear.
Fish and Wildlife officers turned to the public for help identifying those responsible.
“I want to thank everyone who helped conclude this investigation by calling in tips,” said Jonathan Denis, Alberta’s minister of justice. “Poaching is a significant crime in Alberta and charges like these show how serious we are about protecting our province’s fish and wildlife resources.”
Two individuals charged with 20 counts are youths who cannot be named.
Three others face a total of 99 charges, but since about half of them were allegedly committed when they were under the age of 18, they also cannot be named.
The five accused poachers who are being named include:

• 22-year-old Derek Brown
  • 21-year-old Colton Campbell
  • 20-year-old Michaela Scott
  • 19-year-old Devan Dozorec
  • 20-year-old Tiffany Brown
All accused are scheduled to appear at the Edson Provincial Courthouse on August 5.

EDSON — Alberta has charged 10 people in the illegal killing of dozens of wild animals that were shot and left to rot on the ground west of Edmonton.
The Justice Department says the accused face 323 poaching-related charges under the provincial Wildlife Act.
The 36 animals that were killed included deer, moose, elk and a black bear.
The carcasses were found last November in the Edson area.
The accused are to appear in Edson provincial court on Aug. 5.
Last fall the Alberta Fish and Game Association called the killings deplorable and said the province needs more wildlife officers and tougher penalties for people convicted of poaching.
Investigators say tips from the public helped them identify suspects.
“I want to thank everyone who helped conclude this investigation by calling in tips,” Justice Minister Jonathan Denis said Wednesday in a release.
“Poaching is a significant crime in Alberta and charges like these show how serious we are about protecting our province’s fish and wildlife resources.”
The accused include Derek Brown, Colton Campbell, Michaela Scott, Devan Dozorec and Tiffany Brown, who together face 204 counts.
The other accused in the case can’t be named because they are either under 18 or were under 18 at the time of the alleged offences.
The Alberta Conservation Association estimates that fewer than 10 per cent of poaching cases in the province are detected.
The top five poached mammals in Alberta are deer, elk, moose, bighorn sheep and bears.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some people should be poached and left to rot. it would save alot of tax payers money

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have guns....which they are only using for "killing", not hunting, and obviously do not have any respect for the lives they take. A gun in the hand of that kind of person is very scary in my opinion. What was next for these douches, a gas station clerk.

Shooting is one thing, hunting is another, but "killing" like this for "fun" is........

Just sayin'

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and how did they get guns and ammo ???

should some one else be charged for poor gun storage ...

or charged for poor parenting ...

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its scary how many idiots have guns. Last year some drunks decided to use some rocks in my yard for target practice I could hear the bullets going by my house. A little later someone shot my neighbors donkey.

Top Bottom