DRZ400e

Dutchy

Reaction score
looking at buying one off a guy. its a 2000 with extras that im waiting to hear back about. asking $3000. what can you guys tell me about it.?

it will be my first bike and i like the option of dual purpose to get me to and from the trails.

any and all info is appreciated.

thanks

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy has the off road version its a little bit heavy but all in all a pretty good trail bike.

Waxy

Reaction score
My buddy has the off road version its a little bit heavy but all in all a pretty good trail bike.

Yep, my thoughts too.

I had a 2001 DRZ400E that I dual sported.

It was my first dirt bike since I sold my Yamaha 2 stroke about 10 years previously. Great bike to get into the game with. For trail rides, gravel roads, some pavement work and a general play bike, it was great.

They are bulletproof reliable, don't require a whole lot maintenance or mods, the electric start is sweet, and they're pretty capable bikes. I put a lot of miles on mine doing everything from Maclean single track to long dualsport rides.

The downside is the weight. They can be a real handful on the tight nasty single track or really whooped out trails. They're down on power compared to the motocross style 450's, but it's a trade off.

Waxy

Top Bottom