drop and roll kits?

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya ill keep you informed...i have been wantng to do this for a long time so hopefully i can get the parts and stuff i need...very excited...thank you all so very much

ricky

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
ya ill keep you informed...i have been wantng to do this for a long time so hopefully i can get the parts and stuff i need...very excited...thank you all so very much

ricky

any questions, i'm sure kore or myself or even sledbunnyboy, or glengine can help ya out..... Pm me if you're having any concerns or problems. It is straight forward once you have all the parts, you'll see how it all goes together.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any questions, i'm sure kore or myself or even sledbunnyboy, or glengine can help ya out..... Pm me if you're having any concerns or problems. It is straight forward once you have all the parts, you'll see how it all goes together.

ya ill do that...im sure i will have alot to ask...i pm glengine so hopefully he will help me out with my parts

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive used the stock bumpers for both my mods without a problem. ask the guys at specialty for a used track, dont sweat the gearing yet I found that the clutching can compinsate not to mention you are going to be riding mainly flatter areas. mine is stock gearing with 8t drivers and 7.5" rear wheels. drop brackets allow you to adjust quite easily the ride height of the rear end as well. shop around check the classifieds. Ive only replaced my bottom seal in the chaincase but inspect yer shite well before rebuilding seals are cheap.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive used the stock bumpers for both my mods without a problem. ask the guys at specialty for a used track, dont sweat the gearing yet I found that the clutching can compinsate not to mention you are going to be riding mainly flatter areas. mine is stock gearing with 8t drivers and 7.5" rear wheels. drop brackets allow you to adjust quite easily the ride height of the rear end as well. shop around check the classifieds. Ive only replaced my bottom seal in the chaincase but inspect yer shite well before rebuilding seals are cheap.

ok...can you help me out by telling me what i should do tomy clutch? what would be a good track? i seen that specialty sleds have 8" wheels? is that a good thing to use?so i should probably just get the seals anyways?

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Martin equipment has the wheels(fabcraft) and the seals, any bearing and gears aswell. Dont sweat the cluthing yet, get some quick clickers. a cuople tips for working on the chaincase: the lowest bolt is a beatch to get at so directly across from it ive drilled ahole in the plastic, be somewhere around the the rear mount for the right trailing arm. and under neath a few small holes to help any oil drain off that may get spilt.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Martin equipment has the wheels(fabcraft) and the seals, any bearing and gears aswell. Dont sweat the cluthing yet, get some quick clickers. a cuople tips for working on the chaincase: the lowest bolt is a beatch to get at so directly across from it ive drilled ahole in the plastic, be somewhere around the the rear mount for the right trailing arm. and under neath a few small holes to help any oil drain off that may get spilt.

what are quick clickers? im still kinda confused...am i gunna have to take the chain case out? how much do those wheels usualy cost?
thanks

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, lets slow down, get yer loot together, ,bout 800 buck to start. this should get you the min needed to do the swap. Yes the chaincase comes out then the drive shaft comes out. Feel free to come in to the city and Ill show you what we are talking about mine is pretty much dismantled any ways. How old are ya if you dont mind? Can you drink beer????!!

Pickin up what im puttin down?

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, lets slow down, get yer loot together, ,bout 800 buck to start. this should get you the min needed to do the swap. Yes the chaincase comes out then the drive shaft comes out. Feel free to come in to the city and Ill show you what we are talking about mine is pretty much dismantled any ways. How old are ya if you dont mind? Can you drink beer????!!

Pickin up what im puttin down?

ok ya i got the money just need the parts...im 15...not quite legal to drink(but i still do...i guess thats what small hick towns do to ya:) haha) i have some people down here that could help me out...they kinda know there way around a sled...

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would like to get pretty much all the things that i would need so i can be done with it and ride...dont wanna start getting real hardcore into fixing it up cuz ill be driving soon and also want to ride....so ill try to stay away from redoing chain case stuff? or should i just do it?

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cant see how you can even change the track without pulling the chaincase. If yer in town hit me up Ill be around.

oh haha ok...well i dont come to edmonton that often...i guess this will be a good learning expeiance for me haha...hopefully i can get all my parts from specialty sleds...

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't forget the chain case cover seal, synthetic chaincase oil, driveaxle seal, only replace the sliders if worn(uses the original size sliders), heavy rivets.............. I would contact "glengine"(glen) on this site at specialty sleds and he could put a kit together for you and ship it out..... Would save you lots of headaches...... Also get their longer rear bumper for support for the longer tunnel extension(work great). Tell glen you are on this site and i'm sure he'll be more than happy to help you out.....

hey summitric what kinda track to you have on your 670?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
hey summitric what kinda track to you have on your 670?

mine was off kens old '03 summitx highmark 151" stock ski-doo track- it was taken off his sled when it was new, so it is called a "new take-off" track(new, but its not --- understand?)..... Works awesome on the old '99 summitx i put it on..... Call some of the dealers for new take-offs, if they have any laying around.... Too bad, because martin farm equipment was blowing them out at the sled show last year for $300.00 or less, as all the new summits are 16" wide... You could always try and squeeze a 16" wide track in there too, and i know of a few that have been done, but again thats another ball game.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think ill just stick with a 15 wide...ill ask glengine if they might have and tracks...what would be a good one? hopefully he gets back to me today

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Good Luck, once you start the project continue the updates and post photos as things are worked on and as Kore said, don't worry, it's not near as bad as you think. Were just laying out all the things you need to consider. If all goes well you can complete the job in a (long) evening.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Google trackscanada he has alot of 151 tracks,tunnel ext,drivers ect.got my 151x2 track from him.Nice guy.He lives in high river just south of calgary.

Top Bottom