drop and roll kits?

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i want to turn my 99 ski-doo 600 136" to a 151"...what is a drop and roll kit? and drivers? whats easy...any help would be nice...where to buy the extensions and tracks and tunnel etxtension from....please help... thanks...ricky

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey ricky, ive completed two setbacks on this same chassis, others will have some info on a d&r but... a little more work is involved there. My experience was not so difficult. Locate some rail extensions, new sliders, track, turbo drivers (pure addiction), tunnel extension(specialty sleds). I found all I needed locally and on line thru the forum. there is lots of info on the setback and it is pretty straight forward. Also, for drop brackets you can buy new and mount those. *locate the front mounts first and then with the drop brackets bolted to the skid set the tunnel down and fasten them. Or remove the oem and put right on the left and the left on the right!! Ive done 2 now both complete for about $800 bones, depending on the deals you make. Any other questions throw them on the forum and we'll help ya out!!
good luck.
Kore
PS: you might want some 8" wheels at the rear to match your 8tooth drivers in the front, less rolling resistance, eats up a little track and THEY LOOK COOOOOOL!!!! keep that in mind when you pick out your extensions.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey ricky, ive completed two setbacks on this same chassis, others will have some info on a d&r but... a little more work is involved there. My experience was not so difficult. Locate some rail extensions, new sliders, track, turbo drivers (pure addiction), tunnel extension(specialty sleds). I found all I needed locally and on line thru the forum. there is lots of info on the setback and it is pretty straight forward. Also, for drop brackets you can buy new and mount those. *locate the front mounts first and then with the drop brackets bolted to the skid set the tunnel down and fasten them. Or remove the oem and put right on the left and the left on the right!! Ive done 2 now both complete for about $800 bones, depending on the deals you make. Any other questions throw them on the forum and we'll help ya out!!
good luck.
Kore
PS: you might want some 8" wheels at the rear to match your 8tooth drivers in the front, less rolling resistance, eats up a little track and THEY LOOK COOOOOOL!!!! keep that in mind when you pick out your extensions.

so with this way i dont need to do that drop and roll thing? just need those drivers?...so what was the approximate cost of this? what are the drop brackets for? where can i find them? how big? thanks...any info is very very much appreciated thanks ricky

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont discount the drop and roll yet Im just telling you my experience both are involved and require taking apart your chaincase and removing your driveshaft. Pure Addiction may have some drivers. tell them what sled your working with Probably the 1"1/8" shaft. get the turbo drivers. Press your old off and these on. its crucial you have the center to center right with the new drivers to center your track in the tub. You may want to find a 15x151x2 track i found it pretty snug with the 16" Your pitch should be 2.52" but that could change depending on the track. The drop brackets relocate the rear skid mount to the tunnel, you can reuse the oem or buy new for $110. They are mostly the same size I made mine of heavy alluminium.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont discount the drop and roll yet Im just telling you my experience both are involved and require taking apart your chaincase and removing your driveshaft. Pure Addiction may have some drivers. tell them what sled your working with Probably the 1"1/8" shaft. get the turbo drivers. Press your old off and these on. its crucial you have the center to center right with the new drivers to center your track in the tub. You may want to find a 15x151x2 track i found it pretty snug with the 16" Your pitch should be 2.52" but that could change depending on the track. The drop brackets relocate the rear skid mount to the tunnel, you can reuse the oem or buy new for $110. They are mostly the same size I made mine of heavy alluminium.

i find rail extensions from tracks usa...i cant find the tunnel extension tho...i cant get onto pure addiction site...so what i need are the rail and tunnel extensions(any good places to get from?) turbo drivers? track, and drop brackets(any sertain place?)...if i could i would like to keep away from doin the chain case thing
thanks ricky

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not likely you need your drive shaft out. Get a tunnel ext. from Specialty Sleds $150, they can get you drivers and rail ext. too oh and drop brackets. Or you can shop around. maybe haggle the price if you get it all from one shop. Do some more reading on the forums i found everthing I needed before i started and was not surprised by any of it. Get a manual for you sled or take some pics when your taken shite apart. the chaincase should come off any ways and you can clean your clutch side bearing. you may even have to replace some of your parts. Dont be scared buy this getter done! youll be proud of it when she stands up underneath you!!

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not likely you need your drive shaft out. Get a tunnel ext. from Specialty Sleds $150, they can get you drivers and rail ext. too oh and drop brackets. Or you can shop around. maybe haggle the price if you get it all from one shop. Do some more reading on the forums i found everthing I needed before i started and was not surprised by any of it. Get a manual for you sled or take some pics when your taken shite apart. the chaincase should come off any ways and you can clean your clutch side bearing. you may even have to replace some of your parts. Dont be scared buy this getter done! youll be proud of it when she stands up underneath you!!

ok...so i have to take the chain case out? and i was looking on there site and it didnt look like they had anything for a 136"-151"...but i will email them get prices and stuff...how long should this take me if i had help from people that know what they are doin?...this will all cost me around 1000 dollars?

thanks...ricky

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i emailed someone from specalty sleds so hopefully they can get me some info and prices...do i need to do anything to the clutch?

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sure there is always some tuning you can do to your clutch. Gearing, you may consider runniing a 19 - 23 top gear. I first ran a 20t top with the 44 bottom but switched back to the 23. the drivers 8T with change your ratio first. Itll take some tuning but youll get to learn all about your sled doing it. Where will you be riding most? do you have the track yet?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
so with this way i dont need to do that drop and roll thing? Just need those drivers?...so what was the approximate cost of this? What are the drop brackets for? Where can i find them? How big? Thanks...any info is very very much appreciated thanks ricky

i agree with kore 100%... Good info here, kore(well done!).... Reason that a drop and roll ... Or... Smaller driver wheels is for the track clearance at the front of the bulkhead of the 2" tracks, unless you plan on cutting a 2" track down to 1 3/4" for clearance(but not likely). It also helps with the track "approach" angle.
Smaller driver wheels(i went with 8 tooths external drivers from specialty sleds) is by far the easiest and cheapest way to go.... Works just fine.... Be sure to change the gearing a little to make up for the bigger track.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no i dont have my track yet...i would like to get some parts and stuff lined up...i wouldd only go with a 2 inch paddle cuz thats all thats on it now...where can i get these gears from? and i ride in lloyminster ab/sk area...not very much trail but feilds and some hills when we find them...what would be the most appropriate gearing with 8 tooth drivers?
thanks

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Did a similar install on my 99-700 RMK last fall.
Went from a 144 to a 151" track.
My rail and tunnel extensions were from Rory at Motorsports Addictions, I would recommend a trip to Specialty for your parts.
It's not that difficult of a project, just takes a little planning and time. I also added a 2006 snow flap and a LED tail light.
I did not need to change drivers but I did do the bearings...was in there anyway.

Rail Extension - $145.00
Tunnel Extension - $150.00
Snow Flap - $70.00
LED Light - $50.00
Driver Bearings - $75.00
Rivets - $30.00

Hope this helps.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
did a similar install on my 99-700 rmk last fall.
My rail and tunnel extensions were from rory at motorsports addictions, i would recommend a trip to specialty for your parts.
It's not that difficult of a project, just takes a little planning and time. I also added a 2006 snow flap and a led tail light.
I did not need to change drivers but i did do the bearings...was in there anyway.

Rail extension - $145.00
tunnel extension - $150.00
snow flap - $70.00
led light - $50.00
driver bearings - $75.00
rivets - $30.00

hope this helps.

hijacking ski-doo threads again, eh??

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did a similar install on my 99-700 RMK last fall.
My rail and tunnel extensions were from Rory at Motorsports Addictions, I would recommend a trip to Specialty for your parts.
It's not that difficult of a project, just takes a little planning and time. I also added a 2006 snow flap and a LED tail light.
I did not need to change drivers but I did do the bearings...was in there anyway.

Rail Extension - $145.00
Tunnel Extension - $150.00
Snow Flap - $70.00
LED Light - $50.00
Driver Bearings - $75.00
Rivets - $30.00

Hope this helps.

where is this driver bearing? who did you get your drivers from? im thinking of getting stuff from specalty sleds? i emailed them...would it be better to just go in there and talk to them? thanks what would be a good track? 151x15x2x2.52?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
The bearings are on both sides of the shaft that holds the drivers and allow the shaft to turn. You have to pull the shaft for a new track so it's worth the time just to change them and the seals. Glen at Speciality will be able you assist you on that. You may want to even send him a PM on the site. In person is always good but this is pretty simple stuff and he should be able to help you on line...Hey Glen...you there????

where is this driver bearing? who did you get your drivers from? im thinking of getting stuff from specalty sleds? i emailed them...would it be better to just go in there and talk to them? thanks what would be a good track? 151x15x2x2.52?

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok thakns alot....so i can probably get everything i need from them? will they have the sprockets or do i need to change them yet? so all ill need is the tunnel and rail extensions, 8 tooth drivers, bearings(what are they called?) track, sliders, drop kit...do i need to change those little wheel things?

thanks ricky

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
ok thakns alot....so i can probably get everything i need from them? Will they have the sprockets or do i need to change them yet? So all ill need is the tunnel and rail extensions, 8 tooth drivers, bearings(what are they called?) track, sliders, drop kit...do i need to change those little wheel things?

Thanks ricky

don't forget the chain case cover seal, synthetic chaincase oil, driveaxle seal, only replace the sliders if worn(uses the original size sliders), heavy rivets.............. I would contact "glengine"(glen) on this site at specialty sleds and he could put a kit together for you and ship it out..... Would save you lots of headaches...... Also get their longer rear bumper for support for the longer tunnel extension(work great). Tell glen you are on this site and i'm sure he'll be more than happy to help you out.....

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't forget the chain case cover seal, synthetic chaincase oil, driveaxle seal, only replace the sliders if worn(uses the original size sliders), heavy rivets.............. I would contact "glengine"(glen) on this site at specialty sleds and he could put a kit together for you and ship it out..... Would save you lots of headaches...... Also get their longer rear bumper for support for the longer tunnel extension(work great). Tell glen you are on this site and i'm sure he'll be more than happy to help you out.....

so if i sent him a message asking him about this do you think he would know what to do give me for parts? thakns

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
so if i sent him a message asking him about this do you think he would know what to do give me for parts? Thakns

ya, i don't think glengine would have any problems putting a kit together for you.... I even bought my 151" track off them(was a new take-off from ken's sled that he put a bigger track onto), and they may have a new "take0ff" or 2 still lying around?? Good luck and keep us informed.... Take some before and during and after pics and post them.....

Top Bottom