Drive Shaft issue

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
only problem with his statement is that there have been very few areas where there is enough snow to ride. it's not epidemic yet, because they ALL haven't hit the snow. it may not be an epidemic, but poo going to have to issue something soon. the other thing that is wrong is the guy putting his 2 cents in about verbal diarrhea....I see some bias there. if he would have kept it to the point and factual I would give it more creedence. remember, us 'doo guys went thru all this....we'll see how poo handles it. I am hoping it all gets resolved quickly, i never got a replacement driveshaft until xmas the following season....

That is very true. Once more of them hit the snow only time will tell. Hopefully it is a small amount that have improper bonding, and if it becomes an epidemic hopefully poo jumps on it fast! Even if it doesn't become an epidemic it's better to be prepared and treat it as if it were a major issue. That way the guys that do run into this issue can have it fixed asap.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is very true. Once more of them hit the snow only time will tell. Hopefully it is a small amount that have improper bonding, and if it becomes an epidemic hopefully poo jumps on it fast! Even if it doesn't become an epidemic it's better to be prepared and treat it as if it were a major issue. That way the guys that do run into this issue can have it fixed asap.
it's a little different situation with the pro, at least they have a few years on that chassis and the older driveshaft may be an option for poo to give to customers because I doubt they have a warehouse full of '13 shafts. I read the only difference is that the old chaincase shafts have an oil seal on them, so maybe it can be made to fit easily. hopefully the splined end is the same from the pulley to a gear setup.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's a little different situation with the pro, at least they have a few years on that chassis and the older driveshaft may be an option for poo to give to customers because I doubt they have a warehouse full of '13 shafts. I read the only difference is that the old chaincase shafts have an oil seal on them, so maybe it can be made to fit easily. hopefully the splined end is the same from the pulley to a gear setup.

It is yes

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probly would have helped if Polaris had hundreds of demo sleds on the snow last season they may he caught this.
agreed. they need to put way more test demo's on the snow every year. a handfull of slednecks is not real testing as far as i am concerned.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a bonding issue, having more test sleds would have done nothing. If bonded properly they work great. All the test sleds were put together and bonded properly. When they were put together earlier this fall the bonding agent never took on the first sleds built. Same as the earlier recall of the sway bar and I'm going to guess the same sleds that were affected before that went in for bonding recalls on the sway bars will be the same sleds affected this time around.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So can anyone who has had this failure tell us the manufacture date on your sled?

bell32

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten out on there 13 pro yet? Just wondering, theres so much negative talk right now just wondering if anyone has actually been out yet.
Im going to try and get out and just bomb around some ditches tomorrow and fingers crossed this is just a isolated issue

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will take mine out tomorrow. Going to revy next weekend and don't want it to break there

sledheadjoe

Reaction score
Over 200 kms on my 2013 pro. So far 1 broken rear bumper but that's my bad long story haha. Otherwise nothing wrong with it at all and mine wasn't recalled for the a arms. I just checked it again too still mint.

Rideordie

Reaction score
My buddy's driveshaft spun on his 13 pro in quartz on nov 9th down in a creek bed and it was the shits getting it out. His sled had about 5 hours on it. I have a 2013 sitting in my garage for my GF and I am pretty reluctunt to take it out.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't forget that some of the farmers and rig pigs are the most sophisticated people on this forum buddy. To talk down about a certain job or people just show how far your head is up your a** and how un sophisticated you are bud;)!

You took an interesting take on my response and I do see where it came from. I really do thank you for your post Tyson!

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy's driveshaft spun on his 13 pro in quartz on nov 9th down in a creek bed and it was the shits getting it out. His sled had about 5 hours on it. I have a 2013 sitting in my garage for my GF and I am pretty reluctunt to take it out.

Agreed, I am glad my first trip is not till the end of the month because I am hoping this will get figured out before I go. The old shaft drops right in and I may order one to run until this gets sorted out.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NM posted a great looking fix over on SW. one of his buds took a stock driver and slipped it onto the end, they machined it down and pressed a steel ring on top of the machined down driver. looks way slick, as well as removeable if polaris decides to warranty recall all of the shafts for replacement.

Top Bottom